Hornby K1

davidw

• RMweb Premium

And who on earth are they ?

To quote the Amazon page. Anyone on RMWeb from around there?

Youngsters World is a toy and nursery shop based in King's Lynn, Norfolk . We have been trading for over thirty years and pride ourselves on our continued knowledge and expertise.

The good news is that it is a retail premises and not a warehouse.

Is it just me, or has the world gone mad?? Some pi%%ant toyshop in the middle of nowhere has loads to sell at more than rrp, Locomotion had one left @ rrp 2 hours ago! Kernows have all gone.

I don't have this one on preorder with our Scouse friends, but do have two others, chances of seeing them before xmas are slim, but (Meldrew mode) 'I can't believe it!

Bleddy 'ell,

from Oz,

Peter C.

• RMweb Gold

Is it just me, or has the world gone mad?? Some pi%%ant toyshop in the middle of nowhere has loads to sell at more than rrp, Locomotion had one left @ rrp 2 hours ago! Kernows have all gone.

I don't have this one on preorder with our Scouse friends, but do have two others, chances of seeing them before xmas are slim, but (Meldrew mode) 'I can't believe it!

Bleddy 'ell,

from Oz,

Peter C.

No...it's not just you....it's the "free market" in all its glorious forms. I believe Hornby are happy for sellers to ask what they can get.

In fact e bay traders have been at it for quite some time,so nothing new here,I'm afraid. Sign of a buoyant economy ? Or a free for all?

For 45568-Peter C.  Hattons are now showing K1 R3243 late BR as in stock with more than 10 available

How about posting a link as it aint showing up on my pooter.

Bernard

R3243 late BR due into stock February 2015 = Hornby quoting in stock in warehouse = gremlins strike yet again!

Just had a lengthy "CHAT" with the Hatton's staff and it seems that, despite their constant contact with Hornby, this part delivery of K1's turned up unexpectedly.

As many of the pre-orders have been dealt with as could be and all stock is now gone. They are unable to offer any advice on the timing of the next delivery.

It seems that the model railway industry is operated by smoke and mirrors, to keep everyone in the supply chain and especially the end user, in the dark about what is happening.

You can probably tell from the tone of this posting that I was not amongst the lucky few.

I have worked in the automotive manufacturing industry for more than 25 years and I am confident that if component manufacturers operated in this way they would very quickly go out of business.

It is time that the model railway industry grasped the concept of "customer culture". After all, it is the customer that is keeping these people in business.

Bob 

Well after the above few post I hesitate to say that I got one (R3243) this morning from my local shop.....and its a cracker.

Fit and general finish look to be back to Hornby's pre design clever mode, all wire handrails etc.

Good news too, axles are running in brass bearings!

Edited by pete55

Have to admit that I am concerned. I phoned my local model shop this morning where my preorder is placed. They knew little about the fact that they were arriving. I am hoping that pre-orders have been confirmed and sent out to shops. I ordered a Duke of Gloucester last time and it was not honoured as Hornby did not dispatch it to the shop, as a result they lost a sale and I had to quickly source one from elsewhere.

The K1 is a gorgeous engine and will be one that takes pride of place on my layout. That is.... when I get tit....

I don't suppose even Hornby have any ideas on the subject.

So when they proudly state on Facebook that all retailer orders have been fulfilled, they are in fact lying on two accounts. Firstly, evidently R3243 is short on delivery, secondly, the other R numbers are nowhere to be seen. Stellar performance yet again from the Hornby PR department. 

So when they proudly state on Facebook that all retailer orders have been fulfilled, they are in fact lying on two accounts. Firstly, evidently R3243 is short on delivery, secondly, the other R numbers are nowhere to be seen. Stellar performance yet again from the Hornby PR department.

That post on Facebook was very misleading, I too thought that all 3 models would be released. Looks like I was one of the lucky ones as my order is now on its way from Hattons, however due to me moving house next week had to quickly arrange for a different delivery date as I wasnt expecting any until Feb/Mar, if I was not on RMweb it could have meant my order being delivered to my old address.It does look like there will be another batch next year though.

Bleddy 'ell,

from Oz,

Peter C.

I wonder if someone at this shop is into model railways and has said to his boss about these loco and they have brought them off the Hornby web site and have marked them up 

Amazing, and lots of folks figured Hornby accidentaly stuck their foot in their gob with the "Exeter" fiasco, and it was a one-off....looks like they simply have a new distribution model :jester:

NOTE: Not interested personally (before I get mistakenly identified as such!!), but disappointed to see fiascos are apparently NOT limited to West Country class!

Edited by Ian Abel