A Plan's afoot..........

Well I've not done much for a couple of days, due to work commitments and one thing and another, but I had some time off this afternoon ;)

I mentioned earlier on in this thread that there will be an extension to Wrexbury, in the form of a smallish terminus called Wrexbury Marsh. I also mentioned that this extension would also be a stand alone layout, occupying approx' 16' 6" x 2'6". It will be joined to Wrexbury, by way of a curve around from the current fiddle yard, on a 30" radius lift out bridge.
My aims were that I should conquer (as well as I could!!) Templot, and use this medium to build my own track!!!!
I also have decided on what type of track construction I'm going for, and that is code 75 rail on copperclad sleepers, with soldered construction.

I've had a bit of a play with Templot a few times, but I've not been able to get my head round it, UNTIL TODAY!!!!!!!!!! :imsohappy: :imsohappy: :imsohappy:

I have drawn up, with the aid of Templot, a preliminary plan for Wrexbury Marsh, the photo below shows the first half of it, the station throat and a few sidings. The basic plan is similar to Minories, but with just an island platform instead of two platform faces.

Here's the picture......................

post-14906-0-76505900-1411764265_thumb.jpg

To the immediate right (as you look at it!!) of the 150 are the two DMU/Carriage holding sidings, each will hold a 5 coach train (I'll have plenty of DMU's soon !!!!!) :onthequiet:

The station platforms are both well over 7' each to accommodate a 6 coach train, although most of the trains will be either 2/3-car DMU's or the 4-coach local MK1 train from Wolverhampton!!!

Then there are the two main lines, with first a trailing crossover and secondly a facing, allowing crossing from either direction.The line that the 150 is sitting on is the main line, the other becomes a headshunt after the trailing crossover into the tunnel. 

The 2 main line crossovers, and the station points are all approx. 15" long (380 - 390mm), so should give a nice smooth transition for the stock across them!!! ;)

The 31 is sitting on the loco stabling siding/ head shunt, and there is another siding alongside this one. The 47 is sitting on the siding for either the cement factory, or just a goods warehouse (not decided yet!!)

I've run out of sellotape, so I can't stick the plan in order, but I've marked it so I can do it at a later date. I'm going to try and have the whole thing laid out on the patio when I can, and photograph it.

I'll put another couple of photos up later as well.

I am going to buy the wood next month, so the boards can all be built, so it's ready for when I decide to start it. I made a number of mistakes with Wrexbury, which I will certainly rectify with the extension, and if I can make a decent enough job of it I'm going to exhibit it if I get a chance!!!!! :imsohappy:

JInty ;-)

Stop buying anymore stock right now "apart from 2 GUVs you have on order" and get some extra plasters in, finger tip trouble ahead Jinty

Happy modelling

Craig

Thanks Craig, The thing is, I've been soldering for years, and I've found it's very rare that I burn my fingers!!!!! They're probably made from asbestos or something!!!! :good:

Off to town for some sellotape shortly :imsohappy:

JInty ;-)

Thanks Craig, The thing is, I've been soldering for years, and I've found it's very rare that I burn my fingers!!!!! They're probably made from asbestos or something!!!! :good:

Off to town for some sellotape shortly :imsohappy:

JInty ;-)

:drag: Jinty, do you need any boxes ? I have 1 or 2 or 30 going spare  :scratchhead:

Wow what a pleasant surprise and great to see you mastered Templot Jinty, looking forward to seeing your plans come to fruition using the medium of "visual aids" :paint:

Simon

Hi Simon, I take it from the 'pleasant suprise' comment you meant no new additions!!!!!! Lol

I wouldn't say I've mastered Templot, as I wanted a tandem 3-way on a curve, which I couldn't do, but I can do plain track and points and join it all together.

Yes I'm quite excited with it all, I'll be getting some rail and copperclad, and drawing a template and getting stuck in very soon!!!!!

Jinty ;-)

Hi Simon, I take it from the 'pleasant suprise' comment you meant no new additions!!!!!! Lol

I wouldn't say I've mastered Templot, as I wanted a tandem 3-way on a curve, which I couldn't do, but I can do plain track and points and join it all together.

Yes I'm quite excited with it all, I'll be getting some rail and copperclad, and drawing a template and getting stuck in very soon!!!!!

Jinty ;-)

Still envious of your space Jinty, I might have to consider Plan B for Pendefrod sidings the "the branch Extension onto the roof"  :no:

Really Looking forward to seeing this develop Jinty.

Cheers, Bob.

Thanks Bob,

I couldn't put a 'Thanks' earlier as when I reply on my phone the like buttons don't appear!!!!!!! :O

Looks like a good plan Jinty...i will be watching this one unfold with interest as i fancy having a go at hand building track.

Thanks Terry,

Go on, get that soldering iron out, you know you want to!!!  :imsohappy: :imsohappy:

In the post this lunchtime.  ;)

Mega Ian, great service, thanks a lot. ;) :good:

I'm going to sellotape all the sheets together this evening, and Mrs J's helping too :read: :good:

So I'll have a good idea how it all goes together.

I need to learn how to do a 3-way point as it really does need it!!!!

JInty ;-)

Tonight was spent sellotaping all 59 sheets of A4 paper together with Mrs J (and she says we never seem to do anything together!!!!! :O :no:) :jester::jester:

A couple of pictures of the main platform area, and a description as to what each track is for.

1. Parcels platform

2. Disused platform/goods reception/ parcels.

3. Platform 2 (8')

4. Platform 1 (7'9")

5. Carriage siding headshunt/stabling

Pictures...........

post-14906-0-83369100-1411847764_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-54534600-1411847776_thumb.jpg

There is about another 3' of platform hanging off the table behind the Mk1's, so plenty enough for reasonable sized trains.

The line that the 31 is on is used for parcels

Jinty ;-)

Archived