Temeraire

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Afternoon all

Today marks 5 months! Little visible progress with the layout as most of the last two weeks has been spent constructing the warehouse.

84_Warehouse_270714.jpg.1c3256ad7527ce3cacf51c4c4d3f164e.jpg

Construction complete just some painting to be completed and a final gluing together of a few parts to go.

85_Warehouseaerial_270714.jpg.d83eb9e397582de9328f7752566f0d9f.jpg

Birds eye view showing the rooflights.

86_Vansloading_270714.jpg.2425559d8998e7cb3bc45e057f5c8b79.jpg

A couple of VGAs at the loading platform gives you an idea of the size.

All being well I will get the final painting completed by next weekend before we have a break away from home.

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 14

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Evening all

After a gap of a couple of weeks during which time we've had a week in Wales and not got wet, I thought it time to show where I am now with the warehouse/loading platform.

87_Whouseflash_120814.jpg.d4c5cf6816a807e999c4808ef66c0679.jpg

Pic using flash with a couple of vans parked up for unloading as you can see a lot more painting has been done as well as some signs added tonight.

88_Whouse_120814.jpg.5fc807049ab587faa0475e9311e1dd96.jpg

Second pic without flash or vans showing the supporting columns along the front. I wasn't sure about whether they would make it look too busy, but I am happy with the look so they'll be staying.

Apart from some company signage on the end elevation and some weathering (particularly the roof) all that remains is to glue the platform into the shell of the building and fix it down to the baseboard, however, I need to add some detail and clutter to the platform first as access will be difficult after. I just need to decide what and how I am going to model the detail in this area. I also hope to be able to announce the dates and location of Tidworth's debut exhibition shortly, which will give me a deadline to work to. (gulp!)

Edited by Temeraire
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Any more thoughts on uncoupling under the canopy if you want to leave just one van at the buffer end?

It's all in hand, I have something to be fitted next. :secret:

Edited by Temeraire

• RMweb Gold

Stop causing problems. :-)

what and change the habit of a lifetime . . . .  :)

There's an easy way to stop me asking difficult questions but it involves an unlimited expense account at Mr Kiplings ;)

Hi Ian,

All looking really good. Have you considered using magnets and automatic uncoupling (a bit like Oulton TMD). There is a video of it on my Buxstone thread. Any news on when and where the first exhibition will be? I personally will be coming along to see it in action - and say hello.

Keep up the good work.

Jeff