The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

It's Official, I'm Old!

jcm@gwr

Well, at 10pm, yesterday (02/03/14), I became a grandfather!   :swoon:

Isaac, Benjamin, 8lb 13oz, arrived, after about a day of labour,

at Lister Hospital, Stevenage.

Parents James (my eldest son) & Abby, and baby Isaac are

all doing fine.

I met and held my grandson today, great feeling.   :good:

Jeff

BTW, James has just passed all necessary tests and exams,

and has started working for FCC at Biggleswade.

CONGRATULATIONS.     I agree about buying the train set. My very first train was a sit in push with feet steam outline green locomotive of wooden construction built by my Dad early in the war. No toys trains in shops due to the war.  I loved it!.

You have a few days left.!!   I took my youngest son for his first steam train ride at just 10 days old, on the Dean Forest Railway. He now as a daughter aged 16 and a son just 7 months old. [another one to introduce to railways], a 15 year gap.!!

Keith.

Isaac, Benjamin, 8lb 13oz, arrived, after about a day of labour,

at Lister Hospital, Stevenage.

Parents James (my eldest son) & Abby, and baby Isaac are

all doing fine.

I met and held my grandson today, great feeling.   :good:

Jeff

Congratulations on becoming a grandad. You have beaten me to it by 6 months, as my daughter's first baby is due at the end of July.

I am looking forward to another generation. 

Congrats - welcome to the club, I agree, the good thing about being a granfer, -- at least you can give 'em back, 4 - so far, two of each , but I'm '18 'til I die'. :sungum:

Congrats - welcome to the club, I agree, the good thing about being a granfer, -- at least you can give 'em back, 4 - so far, two of each , but I'm '18 'til I die'. :sungum:

More like 25 in my case, but I agree that being a grandparent does not equate with being old!!

Grandchildren.  You wont need to go to a gym now....   "Pick me up grand dad" will sort that out.  Hopefully great times ahead, make the most of it.

True - but you might want to have the phone number of a good physio or chiropractor handy, for when you discover that your back is not quite what it used to be.............

Best wishes

Eric

My only problem on becoming a grandfather, was the prospect of having to sleep with a grandmother! Grand children are a wonderful invention and when you grow tired of them, you give them back. A grandfather's real purpose in life is to embarrass his grand children at any opportunity. Don't get me wrong, I love my grand children but I am so glad when they go home!   :no:

Welcome to the club.

Nah being a Granddad is not an indication of being old, just an indication of FEELING old :D  :D

I'm a Grandad and I'm not even 50 yet, well not till next year anyway.

I'm looking forward to the babysitting jobs, when an hour before my Daughter and son-in-law turn up, I can fill my Grand-daughter full of smarties and coke to get my own back :laugh:  :laugh:

Regards

Neal.

A friend of mine became a Great Grandfather at the age of 59! His wife was over the moon about it.

Round 'ere there are occasionally five generations in the newspaper photo  :senile:  Still there's not much to do when the sun goes down  :jester:

Thanks to everyone who has posted congrats.

Also for all the notifications (and helpful comments/suggestions!)   :O

The first train-set/layout......I've got my best people on it.   :sungum:

Cheers, Jeff

• RMweb Gold

A friend of mine became a Great Grandfather at the age of 59! His wife was over the moon about it.

She obviously hadn't realized he just ordered a Garratt!!!!!!!!!!!

Coat/Hat on seeya!!!

Mike

Archived