Preston and District Model Railway Exhibition - 2011

RallyRob16

Nice and warm in the demo room!!!!

Its all right for some Ive been sat under that Bl**dy cold blast coming out of the louvres below the roof all day and I'm aching like crazy. Andy C will be instantly recognisable tomorrow by virtue of the fact he will be wearing a Soviet Army hat, full thermal gear, ice axe, crampons.............

If you visit the show tomorrow wrap up well. Other than that its pretty good :D but dont ask Charlie for discount, its just a ploy to get you to spend anyway . Utmost respect for Yorkshiremen :lol:

Just a quick shout to thank everybody manning a stand/layout at the exhibition today. Excellent show, some fascinating layouts and plenty of room to walk around and view them. So thanks for taking the trouble, much appreciated.

Had a quick natter with Andy C as he was heroically keeping his patience with a non-coupling Clayton and van, very impressed with the restraint shown.

• RMweb Premium

Blackmill in temporary home until another outing next week at Wyre Forest

However - an appeal to other exhibitors around Blackmill on behalf of one of our team.

He has lost a small silver flight case with a number of tools in. It disappeared sometime between using it Sunday morning and part way through dismantling of the layout. It may have been inadvertently picked up by other exhibitors around the back of Blackmill.

Please can you check if it's turned up in your van/car at unloading. PM me please if you find it.

Thanks,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

I'd just like to say thank you to all at the Preston MRC for a great weekend. I was there showing "Upper Benllech" and will be back next year with "Severn D'Wharves". The organisation and hospitality were as good as it gets.

One BIG gripe though, if anybody from Preston College reads this, get your act together and sort-out the ventilation louveres in that damn sports hall. It's unacceptable to charge people (i.e. the host club) good money for hire of a venue that below the leagal minimum temperature for a workplace. We're all volunteers and supposed to be doing this for fun. Having a ice cold blast of air down the back of your neck for 7 hours is no fun at all. If the college's business plan includes suplimenting income by hiring out that hall for events other than sporting activities you will have to deliver something up to an acceptable standard of comfort for those not running around all the time, or the venue will get such a reputation that any such plan to hire it out will fail.

This is not a criticism of the host club. My understanding is that they were promised 20 degrees centigrade. What they got was more like 20 degrees Farenheit! ;-)

Any RM Webbers at the show can get a discount off of the DE Videos/DC Kits stand, just be cheeky and ask Charlie. (Thats me) See you there!

You know what the discount will be a free carrier bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OzzyO.

As an amateur punter rather than an exhibitor, I'd just like to congratulate everyone on yet another excellent exhibition. For me, it was a perfect mix of scales, large & small layouts, fun & serious, and a good range of trade stands. Preston is my only "must go to" every year and I've always come away feeling inspired. Don't know what others think, but it seemed to be quite poorly attended this year - don't know if it's the venue or the date change, but remembering back to the old venue, it was always crowded, and the restaurant yesterday was virtually deserted at lunchtime with only a handful of tables occupied between 12 and 1. Obviously good for Joe Public as I could see a lot more and there was more opportunity to talk to traders and exhibitors. I hope that there were enough punters to cover its costs and that it continues to go from strength to strength. Having been involved with organising exhibitions at another local club many years ago, I know how hard the organisers have worked and I'd like to thank them for all their efforts.

Just like to say thanks on behalf of Eskmuir (now renamed eskimomuir) for a cracking weekend. After a wobble Friday night when the CDU self combusted, the layout ran well all weekend and even sprouted widespread DCC control Sunday afternoon when i staged a coup ably assisted by Andy C on the second DCC controller.

A cracking show guys, thanks for having us.

Graham

....... the layout ran well all weekend and even sprouted widespread DCC control Sunday afternoon when I staged a coup ably assisted by Andy C on the second DCC controller.

AndyC and DCC - isn't that an excluded combination?? :D :D :D

He's not thinking of rewring New Hey before Nottingham is he? :diablo_mini:

Kevin

He's not thinking of rewring New Hey before Nottingham is he? :diablo_mini:

Kevin

No, Ive got the layout running excellently and entertaining the public with a steady and frequent, well running procession of trains on the front. Why on earth would i want to ruin it and make a retogressive step by converting it back to DCC?

I had an interesting conversation with a well known exponent of DCC whilst at Preston, who totally agreed that for large round and round exhibition layouts like New Hey, Dewsbury Midland etc its a non starter, you cannot run the same frequency and level of trains.

the now defrosted Andy C ;)

• RMweb Premium

However - an appeal to other exhibitors around Blackmill on behalf of one of our team.

Sorted! The case has gone for a quick holiday before the next show and luckily we'll be passing near to it this coming weekend to be reunited with it. :)

Mick

Archived