Legomanbiffo World Tour

charliepetty

• 2 weeks later...

WORLD TOUR UPDATE:

We are at the Great Central Model Event at Quorn next weekend, (A brilliant event with Big Trains and Little ones)

and Perth Model Railway Show (Scotland) 5 minutes walk from Perth Station.

See you all there!!!!   Ian, Steve & Charlie

Hi guys

Is it possible to bring up my Heljan 33 and get sound fitted over the weekend? ( GCR model event )

We can take it away and do it, otherwise it will be a bodge job!    We can do it correctly then.  OR I can tell you how to do it yourself.     Charlie

• 1 month later...

The Road Show (World Tour) is due at RailEx North East in North Shields (Nr Newcastle) in a fortnight, and at St Andrews (Scotland) the weekend after.  We are taking Steve's new DCC layout to St Andrews, will try filling it with ScotRail 156's!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PPS Rumour has it we will have some Saltire 156s for sale!  You have been warned.   Charlie

Before anyone says 4TC's don't make any sound, here's some of the ones they do;

SR horns

SR whistle

SR compressor

Buffering up

Buckeye coupling

Motor Alternator set

Playable brake application and dump

Randomised Mk1 door slams

Authentic Mk1 toilet flush(!)

Flange squeal

Despatch whistle

Randomised right-away bell and optional buzzer reply

Detonators

My latest version of the 33 is already set up to operate with the 4TC without the need for a reblow. All 'directional' sounds such as horns, despatch whistle, right-away bell etc only come fron the appropriate end of the train and reverse automatically when the set reverses. Non-directional sounds such as brake applications and flange squeal come from loco and unit simultaneously. The unit's function key layout matches the 33 and my standard. The 33 can of course still operate independently with horns etc in both directions.

Bif

Because St Andrews is south of Aberdeen, we are bringing along the the show in two weeks time the Kernow 4TC, a unit from the south.   This will have sound and a push-Pull Mode with is Class 33.

Charlie

Oh I'm sure they're going to sell by the bucket load up there Charlie ! :sarcastichand: 

My latest version of the 33 is already set up to operate with the 4TC without the need for a reblow. All 'directional' sounds such as horns, despatch whistle, right-away bell etc only come fron the appropriate end of the train and reverse automatically when the set reverses. Non-directional sounds such as brake applications and flange squeal come from loco and unit simultaneously. The unit's function key layout matches the 33 and my standard. The 33 can of course still operate independently with horns etc in both directions.

Bif

Hi Bif.

Do the directional sounds work as you described when in a consist, but as normal when not using the consist address? Or have I misunderstood that a bit?

I've done it by F-key selectable 'modes' rather than consists. Both chips are set to the same address. To use the 33 (or 4TC) on its own, select F0 as normal. Lights and directional sounds then behave as normal (ie horns etc work in both directions). When used together, press F19 or F20 instead of F0, depending upon which end of the train the loco is marshalled. Horns etc then come from the 33 when it is leading or the 4TC if the 33 is propelling. Everything swaps round automatically when you change ends. The guard's whistle is the opposite way round and always comes from the rear of the train. Common sounds such as brake applications and flange squeal come from both chips.

There are several different ways this could have been done but I felt this method would be easy to use and still allow the loco to be used on other trains without having to be reconfigured (or indeed reblown).

Bif

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I recently purchased a class 40 legomanbiffo sound decoder and I also didn't receive a voucher to stick on my list I'm now waiting for a decoder with legomanbiffo's class 50 sounds I'm hoping I recieve a voucher with this one as I'll be hopefully purchasing one decoder a month to install in my diesel fleet.

Cheers

Colin

• Like 1