Legomanbiffo World Tour

charliepetty

Can a sound file be sent as a download to an email?  I have a lokprogrammer.  I would love a 205 sound file.

Yes, any of my sounds are available via email for you to load yourself. I have a help sheet which outlines the process, which is very straightforward. Just send me an email or PM, or visit the DC Kits website.

Bif

After a very impressive demo at the Chatham show I paid a visit to the dc kits website and whilst browsing the available options I noticed a new range of budget sounds called Wheel tappers. Are these also Lego man biffo products and is there any more information on them ?

Best regards

Chris

The Wheeltapper range at the moment ONLY features Irish Sounds.  The main ranges we have at shows as you saw are the Legomanbiffo Sounds (Diesel & Electric) and Locoman Steam Sounds.

Charlie

Thanks for the info on the wheeltappers sound chips - I will have a google and see what turns up.

Regards

Chris

HI Chris,

I have a number of Wheeltappers soundfiles on ESU Loksound V4 decoders and must say that I am very happy with them.  They can be found on http://www.wheeltappersdccsounds.co.uk/

The web site features both Steam from UK prototypes  and Irish Diesels & Steam.

Edited by scafellpike
  • Like 1

HI Chris,

I have a number of Wheeltappers soundfiles on ESU Loksound V4 decoders and must say that I am very happy with them.  They can be found on www.wheeltappersdccsounds.co.uk  

The web site features both Steam from UK prototypes and Irish Diesels.

Many thanks will take a look

Chris

Just a reminder, we are at Quorn (Great Central Railway Model Show) this weekend under the Realtrack Models / Legomanbiffo banner and next weekend at Perth (Scotland).

The Great Central event will see the 'Our New' 0 Gauge Running track, designed to show off our new ranges of 7mm Sounds & speakers, and the Heljan Class 37 fitted with our New 'Earth Mover 3' speaker system.

At the Perth show we will demonstrating the SLW Class 24 Sound Upgrade with our New ESU Sound Files and of course the chance for customers to upgrade the Zimo sound fitted Class 24s with our new 'Earth Mover 1' speaker, also at Perth is the New HST Sound fitted with our 'Earth Mover 2' Speakers.

'Feel the Noise' 

Ian & Charlie

• Like 1

Well the Great Central Show was a mix of Quiet (Friday), Busy (Saturday) and the odd rush on Sunday, the O gauge ran well and we managed the break our 8F (MH1833 Motor Failure) and the RES Class 47 with smoke had Gear Splitting on one bogie!

Other than that we had a good time.   And now to Perth, Scotland's 2nd largest show.   Charlie

Hi

Nice talking to you guy's over the weekend, lot's of info and some friendly banter. Think I'll be a new customer very soon.

Many thanks

Thank you.  Ian & Charlie   (PPS Ian is scared of going south of the river, so you got stuck with me)

ITS SUMMER.

My first weekend off for 17 weeks, so did the front & rear lawns today (Sunday) between this vital task I checked and packed 10 X Realtrack 143 & 144s, sound fitted a Heljan Class 26 with Supersound Fueltanks, had tea, watched SKY news, now I am just starting on fitting Locoman sounds in a Hornby 8F.

Monday is rebuilding a Bachmann Hall which judders like hell, new chassis due to arrive on Monday I was told!

JOY!  Nothing to do!!!

Charlie

PPS We are at St Andrews in August.  Thought I better mention it. 

• Like 1

Hi Charlie,

Good to hear you are taking it easy on your day off!

Was good to catch the world tour at Perth last weekend, my thanks to Bif for doing the 57 decoder at the show so could do my sound fitting demo on the stand.

I will get Bifs matched pair of 37's at St Andrews so fitting those will keep me out of trouble that weekend!

See you soon

Mark

Hi Charlie,

Good to hear you are taking it easy on your day off!

Was good to catch the world tour at Perth last weekend, my thanks to Bif for doing the 57 decoder at the show so could do my sound fitting demo on the stand.

I will get Bifs matched pair of 37's at St Andrews so fitting those will keep me out of trouble that weekend!

See you soon

Mark

Please let us know if you need the Class 37/4 West Highland Pair (Matched as a operational pair with lead loco having the Horns etc !) for St Andrews as they are not a normal stock item, will get them done for then on 21Pin if you want me to!    Charlie

Please let us know if you need the Class 37/4 West Highland Pair (Matched as a operational pair with lead loco having the Horns etc !) for St Andrews as they are not a normal stock item, will get them done for then on 21Pin if you want me to!    Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Ian showed me them at Perth and said he will do a set for you to bring to St Andrews for me to get from you then if that is ok please. 37/4's on 21 pin is perfect.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Charlie/ Ian

I am looking at upgrading the speakers on my class 37's which speaker do you recommend to be the best?

Thanks

Andrew

A Bass Reflex Supersound 3Watt speaker in the Fuel tanks is the best option, a bit of chopping is required.    Charlie

Yes, any of my sounds are available via email for you to load yourself. I have a help sheet which outlines the process, which is very straightforward. Just send me an email or PM, or visit the DC Kits website.

Bif

Thanks Bif for the excellent Class 205 Thumper sound file.  Great sound and thanks for the small tweak.  Great customer service.  Will be back for more soon.

Thanks Bif for the excellent Class 205 Thumper sound file.  Great sound and thanks for the small tweak.  Great customer service.  Will be back for more soon.

Thanks for that, this has been very popular. Southern Region seems more popular than ever, looking forward to the Class 71 as seems to have created a lot of interest.

Thank you again Charlie & Biff.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that, this has been very popular. Southern Region seems more popular than ever, looking forward to the Class 71 as seems to have created a lot of interest.

Thank you again Charlie & Biff.

YES its a 71, shame the Hornby Model has had little thought to installing DCC or Sound.  Enjoy.  Charlie 

• Like 1

A quick question for Bif: will this sound project fit on a v3.5 lokSound decoder, please? I have a couple of v3.5s ripe for reblowing (one Hornby crappy ex-class 08 sound), and two DJM class 71s on order! :)

A quick question for Bif: will this sound project fit on a v3.5 lokSound decoder, please? I have a couple of v3.5s ripe for reblowing (one Hornby crappy ex-class 08 sound), and two DJM class 71s on order! :)

No sorry its designed for a V4 using the extra memory.  Sorry.

Can do you Leyland Engine DMUs, 128 Parcel Cars though!

Thanks for the answer, Charlie.

I may be able to free up a v4 by reblowing Bif's class 450 onto one of the v3.5s and then using the v4 for a class 71. He previously cut down a 350 to suit my 450 without the pantograph compressor and contact sounds. The other 450 has a V4 that is possibly wasted, knowing that it can basically be fitted onto the v3.5.

Sorry: I'm thinking out loud, but it does mean I will be able to get at least one of the class 71 sound projects from Bif. At least Dave Jones has planned his 71 to allow easy speaker fitment.

We have a DJM Class 71 on the stand, fitted as normal with one of our Earth Mover EM1 Speakers, OH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Its good!

The Hornby Class 71 Sound in available and is sparking off the shelves!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=merlin+dcc++class+71&view=detail&mid=C5B1483BA5D7987B39BFC5B1483BA5D7987B39BF&FORM=VIRE

Edited by charliepetty
  • Like 1

Hi Charlie & Ian,

Just come across this, mainly via a Youtube video (Steve Brammer's Class 47 Police) EXCELLENT, What's the earth mover speaker system? Trying to get good bass from a Bachmann 47 is a nightmare!!

I do have quite a few of Ian's sound files including 2 47's, both Bachmann's, and I can't do them any justice, I have a Heljan 47 (Police Livery, my baby, my favourite) with Howe's and two 28mm speakers fitted and blows them away bass wise.

Ian's are more superior but can't get the bass out of the Bachmann's, just can't compete with 2 28mm speakers and I don't have a 8pin (Biffo) decoder for the other Heljan 47 (SWD, Hmmm!!) She needs a reblow.

I noticed Ian you said you can send the sound file via email? Is this correct? The 47 needs doing and got an 128 parcels, 08, and 37's need doing, Got the Lokprogrammer and getting better with it, did sort of screw up your Class 43 HST,

Adjusted the power car setup and not realising copied the same file to the dummy (yes me also!) but reversed it all when I realised both horns on at the same time. Now back sweet as a nut.

Just one more question, Ian, Would it be possible to adjust some of the sounds on the excellent APT-E? I have "service use" she is on the RMWeb APT-E forum, I have a few ideas that would really push her limits but I don't know what is achievable with the Loksounds, sounds great in my head, but in reality might not be possible.

Anyway, Keep up the excellent work and looking forward to increasing the legomanbiffo stable,

We have a DJM Class 71 on the stand, fitted as normal with one of our Earth Mover EM1 Speakers, OH GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Its good!

The Hornby Class 71 Sound in available and is sparking off the shelves!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=merlin+dcc++class+71&view=detail&mid=C5B1483BA5D7987B39BFC5B1483BA5D7987B39BF&FORM=VIRE

Hi Charlie,

Very interested to learn more about the "Earth Mover" speakers EM1, 2 & 3.....  are any details available yet?  (Couldn't locate them on your website) and are they available for sale yet?

Regards

Martin