Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

(Sorry, pressed post too soon...)   How do the "or" levers (as in 8 or 13) work?

Thanks again,

Bill 

Another good shot here of the siding behind the box..

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidwf2009/5537141135/

I'd suggest 8 lever was used for the move to the down goods and 13 to the down main. Much easier to have a lever for each route when it come to the mechanical locking. Why this was done here i don't know. I'll see what i've got on the locking for here..

• RMweb Gold

The SVR pictures are a treat. 43106, 46443 and the various maroon liveried coaches all look like they are still in their "straight from BR service" coats of paint.

JF

I think they were still "as delivered" from BR.

David

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Striking photo's of the Severn Valley line as well as the photo's of Carlisle. I see a Porthole CK is the leading carriage in photo' C4823 on 8th September, 1979. The roof profile and the body side profile are two clues.

In answer to AberdeenBill's question in post 4107, the BG is running on commonwealth bogies in photo' C9198.

All the best,

Market65.

• RMweb Premium

I've seen pics of full brakes with the white stripe before, to do with being on circuit working. The ones I've seen were a bounds green circuit, but they were usually lettered as such - this one doesn't seem to have any extra lettering.

Hi Dave, I've just been catching up with the last few days worth of your wonderful pictures.

In C8934 with 08761 at Leith, the 47 in the background appears to have a yellow solebar.

This would make it either 47305 or 361- I would err towards 305 as it has the yellow window surrounds.

However I can't see the large bodyside numbers that I believe both these locos carried.

Interesting livery variation on the BG in C9198. Not seen a bright white stripe there before.

C9198: is the BG on Commonwealth bogies? 

Bill

In answer to AberdeenBill's question in post 4107, the BG is running on commonwealth bogies in photo' C9198.

All the best,

Market65.

I've seen pics of full brakes with the white stripe before, to do with being on circuit working. The ones I've seen were a bounds green circuit, but they were usually lettered as such - this one doesn't seem to have any extra lettering.

Funnily enough I've just uploaded a photo of BG's with the same wider white stripe on them onto my Flickr site. It can be found here. https://flic.kr/p/xEHDjd .

The ones in the photo are at Ferm Park in July 1984, and seem to branded with the "Bounds Green circuit" as mentioned by keefer,  including some very wonky lettering that no self respecting modeler would want to see on his model.

Paul J.

Is it just me or does the pair of 87s and the 86 look like they have a more orange tint to the yellow front than the 81. I'm asking because when they were repainted into the last intercity livery with the full yellow end, the colour looks like it changed again into a paler yellow.

• RMweb Gold

Is it just me or does the pair of 87s and the 86 look like they have a more orange tint to the yellow front than the 81. I'm asking because when they were repainted into the last intercity livery with the full yellow end, the colour looks like it changed again into a paler yellow.

I've always thought that there is a difference, but it is possibly the light at the moment the photo was taken.  Also remember that after I scanned the slides the colour cast always found on slides not stored in perfect conditions has been tackled using Photoshop, the dgree of success can vary, even within slides from the same roll of film.   Slide film is not usually a very reliable indicator of actual colour.

David

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Excellent photo's from the Grantham to Nottingham line this evening. Interesting to see the weary looking state that class 47 number 1746 can be seen in in photo' C568. Then in photo' J7842 at Allington Junction is a really lovely example of ex-GNR level crossing gates along with the signal box.

All the best,

Market65.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Striking photo's of the Severn Valley line as well as the photo's of Carlisle. I see a Porthole CK is the leading carriage in photo' C4823 on 8th September, 1979. The roof profile and the body side profile are two clues.

All the best,

Market65.

Does that make it 24617? Always a pleasure to travel in the Big 4 designed stock on the SVR...

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Does that make it 24617? Always a pleasure to travel in the Big 4 designed stock on the SVR...

Phil

As far as I know it is.  

Those old ARPS yearbooks come in handy sometimes for looking things up..

David