RMweb

Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Love the High Dyke photo's. It's great to see the 55's in action, and I particularly like photo' C1168 of 9007, in about December, 1972. Very atmospheric and eerie with the sun and mist.

All the best,

Market65.

C1168 very atmospheric, I like it :)

Hi, Dave. Love the High Dyke photo's. It's great to see the 55's in action, and I particularly like photo' C1168 of 9007, in about December, 1972. Very atmospheric and eerie with the sun and mist.

All the best,

Market65.

I wanted to be first ;)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Is that a van on the rear of the 114?

What a lovely shot of Potterhanworth. Would it be possible to model that shot I wonder?

Andy G

I think it is a van.  Sadly in those days film was too expensive to take a second shot as the dmu went away.

I can't remember the track layout at Potterhanworth (or any of the other GN and GE joint line stations) despite having visited most of them at various times.  

I do remember taking the photo - I took it during my lunch break - one of very few times in my whole working life when I actually found I didn't need to keep on working while eating.  The rather cloudy looking sky is smoke haze, in those days most farmers burnt the stubble left after harvesting.

Edited to remove an errant apostrophe.

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. A lovely selection of photo's of railways in Lincolnshire. I also like the shot of Potterhanworth, it really is a great looking place. In the photo' of the class 114 DMU in photo' J062, there is, after enlarging the photo', a 4-wheel 12 ton box van coupled up at the rear of the unit. Not sure if it is BR or pre-BR.

All the best,

Market65.

• RMweb Gold

In the High Dyke photos:

1E01 is the 08:00 Edinburgh to KX

From the formation C1017 is the 11:05 SO KX-Newcastle

1A03 is the 07:30 Leeds-KX

Mark,

Once again thanks very much,I've added the details to the captions.

David

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Love the GEML photo's, but not so sure about the dog poo! Along with the class 309 EMU's, the class 37's were an integral part of the GE for many years, and it is good to see both classes in these photo's.

All the best,

Market65.

• RMweb Premium

Hi David

The "lake" in C4592 was dug out for the embankment the Type 3 will soon be travelling over. It now has a fountain in the middle and a ton of Canada Geese. Also it might not be as peaceful these days as just behind where you sat in the doings is a skate board and BMX half pipe etc.

As for dog poo in Central Park Chelmsford, I think it is the worst in Chelmsford. I am a professional dog walker so visit most parks at least once a week, some two or three times a day. Recently in one the parks I use someone has taken on themselves to shame those who do not think the Dogs (Fouling of Land) Act 1996 applies to them. Fido says "Thank you" for marking the fox poo with a spray painted yellow circle. It is making his life easier in finding it....................to roll in. :nono: :nono:

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. A fantastic selection of photo's of Crewe from 1971. In photo' C502 is a class 121 on a service to Cardiff, and I did not realise that these units got as far as Crewe.

All the best,

Market65.

Some nice shots once more, Dave. That one of the train of vans hauled by two 25s intrigues me. The third vehicle from the left-right-hand end is an ex-GWR Mink G- I'd always believed the last examples of these in the revenue fleet had gone by the mid-1960s, but this one doesn't look as though it's gone over to engineer's use. Immediately to its left is what looks to be one of the spectacularly unsuccessful Dia 1/211 Palvans; again a type that had gone into non-revenue use a long while before, I thought. It certainly doesn't have the white stripes of the 'Palvan-Shocks' in the same train.

The other freight shot looks as though it's composed of Tube wagons from Corby.

Sorry about confusing left and right..

Edited by Fat Controller