Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway photo’s. Such a diverse collection of engines and stock, and in J6622, and J6626, at Haverthwaite, and Lakeside, you have two lovely photos of the Bagnall Princess. What a lovely engine.

The ECML photo’s are as fascinating as ever, and Peterborough to Retford is such an important part of the line, and the photo’s capture it perfectly. In J6514, at Dry Doddington with 47514 on an up express in June, 1979, is a good example of a 47 plus eight. I wonder if it was standing in for a Deltic.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

A visit made in August 1979 to the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway in Cumbria for this morning.

attachicon.gifHaverthwaite Fairburn 2-6-4T 2085 NCB Barclay and Peckett Caliban Aug 79 J6616.jpg

Haverthwaite Fairburn 2-6-4T 2085 NCB Barclay and Peckett Caliban Aug 79 J6616

attachicon.gifHaverthwaite Barclay Alexandria and Peckett Caliban Aug 79 J6617.jpg

Haverthwaite Barclay Alexandria and Peckett Caliban Aug 79 J6617

attachicon.gifHaverthwaite Hudswell Clarke Renishaw No6 Aug 79 J6618.jpg

Haverthwaite Hudswell Clarke Renishaw No 6 Aug 79 J6618

attachicon.gifHaverthwaite Bagnall Princess Aug 79 J6622.jpg

Haverthwaite Bagnall Princess Aug 79 J6622

attachicon.gifLakeside Bagnall Princess Aug 79 J6626.jpg

Lakeside Bagnall Princess Aug 79 J6626

attachicon.gifLakeside Pier Swan and Swift Aug 79 J6625.jpg

Lakeside Pier Swan and Swift Aug 79 J6625

David

Hi David,

Small correction to captions, the green saddle tank in J6616 and J6617 is Avonside 1772/1917 'Askham Hall'.

• RMweb Gold

Hi David,

Small correction to captions, the green saddle tank in J6616 and J6617 is Avonside 1772/1917 'Askham Hall'.

Thanks very much for the information, I've amended the captions.

David

A north east miscellany for today.  

I've just noticed that the thread has now had over 2.5 million views, thank you all very much indeed.

David

No wonder, this along with Waverley West is one of my favourite threads on RMWEB.  Another favourite of mine being  Scottish Region in the 80s, however the latter is not as regularly updated as your one.

Thanks for all your photos.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I Ike the north eastern photo's. All most interesting and now quite historical too. I particularly like C7823 at Battersby, with 143003 on a Whitby to Darlington train on the 2nd August, 1986, with a couple of unidentified 143's in the adjacent platform. A scene which, although modern and new back then, is just history today.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

C7037 doesn't look much like Monkton, are you sure?

I'm sure it is Monkton cokeworks at Hebburn. There are a number of photos on the web at the same place showing these buildings.

David

Edited by DaveF

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the photo’s of the Blackpool trams, the Pleasure Beach and also of Milnthorpe. All full of both interest and nostalgia. In J616, at Blackpool Pleasure Beach, with diesel 4472, in September, 1966, the engine has a most uncanny resemblance to those that were in use on Scarborough’s miniature railway at the time of the photo’.

And you are absolutely right to always have a camera ready, or that Jubilee at Milnthorpe, in the last photo’ would have been missed.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Settle and Carlisle photo’s at Langwathby. They are of interest and points of detail. That’s a fine portrait photo’ of the station building at Langwathby in the first photo’. I like 156498 on a Carlisle to Leeds service on the 21st October, 1997, in C23173. A piece of history now seeing a class 156 unit in the SuperSprinter livery.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Just to be pedantic Dave, regarding the C&HP photos. The tunnel is actually under the A515 and more often described as Newhaven Tunnel. Nice pics,as ever.Keep them coming. At 2.5 million views and counting, they must be good.

Thanks very much.  I haven't been there for over 45 years and was relying on my memory and Dad's notes to sort out the photos.

David

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the photo’s which you’ve posted today. They certainly are full of interest, and in the first one, at Derby, with a class 120 unit, on a Crewe to Lincoln service in June, 1979, you can see how faint the two bulbs are in the destination indicator box. As I’ve said before, nowhere near as bright as on most models.

With warmest regards,

Rob.