Swad Lane.

Andrew P

Good news on the house front, full steam ahead (sorry don't know the diesel equivalent).

Sounds like you've got (or getting) the same line up of GREENS as me. The Hymek turned up today to go with the 22, 25 and 33. I'll be watching closely to see what you do with them (then I can pinch your ideas, haha).

Ray.

Ps. Mind you, Pollys got her eyes on some of them for her 60s period on GWR'd.

Hi Ray, forgot to mention the Green 24 and 25 with sound that's somewhere in one of the boxes, (I hope) hahah

• Like 1

Andy,

I have seen other work by Trevor and Ashley Toon - its great.  Your own 'additions' make them exceptional!   George T mentions 'the gang' that operates Andy's models at exhibitions and as one of the privileged I can tell everybody that it is fun and GR was one of the best (apart of course from Deesdale Road(? biased) which will be at Loughborough and Stafford) to operate.  To me fun is the name of the game and long may it continue.

Looking forward to seeing Swad Lane in its new guise.

Also thanks for your advice on Rothleigh tonight.

Cheers, Peter BB

Thanks Peter, its always good to have you, Mike (not on RM Web) and George helping out when I'm on the road.

Start the day with a good breakfast or Bacon Roll for the team and were set up for the day, I just love it and can't wait to get back out there talking to all the paying public and having a laugh along the way. That's what exhibiting should be all about.

• Like 2

Hi Andy,

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! House move is on, just the pick me up tonic you needed. Can't understand the bit about no modelling though, I mean your only moving house, well that will be over in a day so what's with the excuse?

For Ray (Tender) Equivalent of 'full steam ahead' for the diesel era is 'a good thrash' in my book! 

• Like 5

Great news Andy, should help us all sleep a bit better this weekend - as far as I'm concerned you can take as long as you like over the move as long as you promise to get into high gear soon after. The old Bodge is back - Hurrah!!

Kind regards

Jock67B (with fingers etc. crossed for a speedy conclusion).

Hi Andy,

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!! House move is on, just the pick me up tonic you needed. Can't understand the bit about no modelling though, I mean your only moving house, well that will be over in a day so what's with the excuse?

For Ray (Tender) Equivalent of 'full steam ahead' for the diesel era is 'a good thrash' in my book! 

Love your optimism Mike but you forgot the SMALL matter of

The Re wire.

The Re plaster.

The New Kitchen.

The Decorating.

The New Carpets.

Get the Furniture out of Storage.

The New Wardrobes.

The Garden.

Have a rest for a week or two.

Start on the Garage.

Underpin the back of the Garage.

Lay in a New Floor.

Insulate the Floor.

Insulate the Walls.

Build a shed inside the Garage.

Fit Lighting and power points.

Get the Railway Room Kitchen units back out of storage at Son in Laws.

Fit the room (The Potting Shed) out.

Retrieve the Locos and Stock from Storage.

START LAYOUT.

Another weeks rest I think :O

• Like 1

Great news Andy, should help us all sleep a bit better this weekend - as far as I'm concerned you can take as long as you like over the move as long as you promise to get into high gear soon after. The old Bodge is back - Hurrah!!

Kind regards

Jock67B (with fingers etc. crossed for a speedy conclusion).

Thanks Jock, just to let you know you hit a couple of indecipherable this morning mate, I know you didn't mean to.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Its much appreciated.

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Love your optimism Mike but you forgot the SMALL matter of

The Re wire.

The Re plaster.

The New Kitchen.

The Decorating.

The New Carpets.

Get the Furniture out of Storage.

The New Wardrobes.

The Garden.

Have a rest for a week or two.

Start on the Garage.

Underpin the back of the Garage.

Lay in a New Floor.

Insulate the Floor.

Insulate the Walls.

Build a shed inside the Garage.

Fit Lighting and power points.

Get the Railway Room Kitchen units back out of storage at Son in Laws.

Fit the room (The Potting Shed) out.

Retrieve the Locos and Stock from Storage.

START LAYOUT.

Another weeks rest I think :O

So what you going to do with the rest of the day when you have finished that lot? :scratchhead:

• Like 1

Thanks Jock, just to let you know you hit a couple of indecipherable this morning mate, I know you didn't mean it.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Its much appreciated.

Thanks for letting me know mate, can you tell me where (thread and post nos. if poss.)so I can amend them? What a techno-prat!! Hope you enjoy the show at Derby.

Kind regards,

Jock67B.

PS could you have read them as I corrected them because I can't find any? Thank goodness you know me well enough that I obviously haven't used that button in earnest - sausage fingers + iPad = c*ckup!!

Edited by Jock67B
  • Like 1

Andy

At last. Some good news after the roller coaster ride you've had over the last few months. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Just don't stop posting while the small list of jobs is ticked off. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Duncan

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Andy - with some of the banter that goes on on here, I'm not surprised that some people wonder what the hell we are talking about.

Have a good time at Derby - hopefully you'll be more relaxed after the house news!

Jeff

Morning All,  Andy looks like his avatar now that things are all go with the house (at last),  and he is knackered after a great day at the Manchester show about eight years ago, we had just got back to my place in Stockport so made him a nice cup of coffee and l took a picture of the Baron chilling out..

Like the idea of three layouts Bodge, sounds like your garage will be the place to be very soon, and love the fact that you will be exhibiting layouts again, looking forward to nice days out again with the gang (Mike & Peter) and of course the BREAKFAST, hahaha

Really pleased everything is taking shape me ol' mate..

George.. :locomotive:

• Like 3

Andy - Thank you for mentioning me and my dad in the description, im sure you will get it running to how you want easily. few more details and bits and bobs and im sure you can make it look totally different again. I do believe this is a beautiful layout and will look forward to hopefully see this in a show! This summer I think i will rebuild Windmill Road and hopefully get that showing again for all you keen modellers! 

Kind Regards,

Ashley

• Like 2

Andy,

I have seen other work by Trevor and Ashley Toon - its great.  Your own 'additions' make them exceptional!   George T mentions 'the gang' that operates Andy's models at exhibitions and as one of the privileged I can tell everybody that it is fun and GR was one of the best (apart of course from Deesdale Road(? biased) which will be at Loughborough and Stafford) to operate.  To me fun is the name of the game and long may it continue.

Looking forward to seeing Swad Lane in its new guise.

Also thanks for your advice on Rothleigh tonight.

Cheers, Peter BB

Thank you for your great comments - Trevor & Ashley

Swad Lane is the start of a new era for me.

I have never BOUGHT a Layout before, but I'm in a situation where I will be busy over the next few Months and I wanted something that I could tinker with.

The Layout has been built by Trevor and Ashley Toon, they have built many Layouts in the past including Windmill Road that was in Railway Modeller a few years back.

The Layout needs a lot of work to make it fit for Exhibition purposes as its only been in Ashley's flat.

Dad Trevor worked in the Wagon Works at Derby and that's why there is so much detail inside the sheds.

You will  may just, notice the charger for the fork lift in one corner, the cables for the crane and the job sheets on the desks etc. These are all the little bits that bring a Layout to life.

The Layout can be Exhibited in two parts, firstly the portion nearest to the camera up to and including the road over bridge, and that is 4ft plus a 2ft 6 inch fiddle yard.

The second option is to add the other 4ft board with the sidings on and that then brings the total length to 8ft plus fiddle yard, but with much more operation.

I wont bore you anymore for now I will just post a few pics that I've taken this evening and you will see that the boards are NOT connected as there is massive coach bolts to go through which I will do away with. And the close ups are from Ashleys phone so not good quality, I will do better pics in time, I hope.

attachicon.gifSwad Lane 007.JPG

attachicon.gifphoto 9.JPG

attachicon.gifphoto 11.JPG

attachicon.gifSwad Lane 015.JPG

I hope you like it.

The Bodgit is Back

Neat Andrew - like you say some tidying to suit and its a good one.

That depot interior reminds me of work   :umbrage:   totally familiar with FLT Chargers and this looks well..

Edited by Crisis Rail

Hi Andy

Been at work all week so hadn't even seen your new thread until today. What a lovely, superb little layout. I do have a complaint though. With all that quality English Electric Type 3 traction making an appearance I can't read your thread with out having a box of Kleenex on hand. Might have to write a letter I feel that strongly. LOL.

Seriously though mate I love all your layouts. They are always full of interest, superbly modelled and provide a lot of enjoyment and inspiration to all those who post on your threads.

Also she picked on the wrong person. I hope I speak for everyone else on here that you are probably one of the most respected and liked members on here. You're a perfect gentleman with a lovely sense of humour.

I know I felt quite proud when you first posted on my layout thread. God only knows what she would think of that. EWS mixed with rail blue with skirts. Whatever next!!!

Carry on doing what you do best mate and giving us the pleasure of seeing your master pieces develop.

Glad that your house move is going to plan now.

All the best.

Marcus

PS I have a real fetish with Dutch livery!!! HAHA

Edited by Marcus 37

Andy

At last. Some good news after the roller coaster ride you've had over the last few months. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Just don't stop posting while the small list of jobs is ticked off. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

Duncan

Hi Duncan, not sure we will have Tinter thingy or phone to start with as the property has never had a phone line.

Andy - with some of the banter that goes on on here, I'm not surprised that some people wonder what the hell we are talking about.

Have a good time at Derby - hopefully you'll be more relaxed after the house news!

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, really enjoyed Derby and posted on Mike's Dent, will put some INTERESTING pics in the Lounge later, you and Jason will like them.

Great news Andy.

Look forward to your return here.

Thanks Martin, it may be a little while before SL gets finished but that's no problem, I have a good starting point.