Swad Lane.

Andrew P

Great weathering!

Those polybulk's are hard to get hold of now.

Jack, I was just saying earlier this evening on Marcus's Kyle of Lochwilliam that there were a couple at the Derby show that surprised me. I would have thought that they'd all gone now.

Luckily I only needed 1 for SL as it just a works, and no long sidings or through running.

• Like 2

The 47 in the shots above was originally like this, again I did this at the Easter Show.

post-9335-0-32427700-1399930755_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-54351600-1399930765_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-19627700-1399930776_thumb.jpg

Having got it home it looked a bit over done, but a wash with some Enamel Thinners soon got rid of the worst of the dirt and just left it in the grooves.

When I get the Air Brush out again I will need to re do the Exhaust soot though.

• Like 5

Hi Andy, I've just caught up with this thread so appologies if this has been said before but I cant believe the letter that was published and I cant belive the magazine printed it as well, let alone made it a star letter!!

Anyway enough of that, I am so glad you're still posting on here as I and so many others find your layouts and articles so inspiring. Are you planning on doing any demonstations or exhibiting at the rm web day as I'm hoping to go and it woudl be good to see your work in the flesh, so to speak, although I know how stressfull moving can be so I guess that will take up most of your time.

Keep up the modelling and I look forward to seeing more pics, the last few with the class 47 and polybulk were great, the good thing about a 'works' layout is you dont need loads of wagons and you can run almost anything.

Take care Andy, hope alls well.

Steve.

Lovely subtle weathering on the 47 & Polybulk wagon - both look really good. 

Thank you for adding loads of photos of SL (and on all your many previous layout threads!). I will be merrily "borrowing" ideas when I get to the scenics on my layout.

All the best

• RMweb Premium

I think Andy's slipping. Look at the weathering on the inside of the spray booth. It's nearly as minimalistic as that on the garage doors in earlier shots.

And as for the cardboard boxes containing the road vehicles . . . .

Seriously, I've never been a fan of heavily weathered rolling stock. Perhaps it is a desire to pretend to remember trains as I would like to have seen them in my younger days. Andy always seems to strike the right balance between the pristine and (to my way of thinking) appropriately weathered.

I wish I had even a modicum of his artistic talents which seem to show no bounds. I've just got no artistic talent.

Hi Andy,

Love the 47' shots, at risk of being really shot or at worse skitted to bits I have to say the 47's were/are my favourite diesel. To gain some credence back my reason is simple, when I was a BR fitter they were in my opinion the easiest mainline loco to work on, followed by the variable 24/25/26/27 classes. The O8 was simpler still and I'm sure I could still strip and rebuild one in my sleep! NO I AM NOT AVAILABLE!

Keep up the good work mate.

Hi Andy, I've just caught up with this thread so appologies if this has been said before but I cant believe the letter that was published and I cant belive the magazine printed it as well, let alone made it a star letter!!

Anyway enough of that, I am so glad you're still posting on here as I and so many others find your layouts and articles so inspiring. Are you planning on doing any demonstations or exhibiting at the rm web day as I'm hoping to go and it woudl be good to see your work in the flesh, so to speak, although I know how stressfull moving can be so I guess that will take up most of your time.

Keep up the modelling and I look forward to seeing more pics, the last few with the class 47 and polybulk were great, the good thing about a 'works' layout is you dont need loads of wagons and you can run almost anything.

Take care Andy, hope alls well.

Steve.

Hi Steve, and thanks for all your nice comments, I'm not at RM Web Live, but after the move I hope to get out and about with some demo's. It may be backscenes or weathering or just running Swad Lane, or something again.

Cheers again. 

• Like 3

Lovely subtle weathering on the 47 & Polybulk wagon - both look really good. 

Thank you for adding loads of photos of SL (and on all your many previous layout threads!). I will be merrily "borrowing" ideas when I get to the scenics on my layout.

All the best

Evening Sam, borrowing, stealing, copying ideas, I think we all do it. When I go to a show I generally take about 200 or so photos, things like Lanes, Cottages, and small bits of interest in order to NOT copy, but do similar with at some point.

Thanks again, more pics later. 

I think Andy's slipping. Look at the weathering on the inside of the spray booth. It's nearly as minimalistic as that on the garage doors in earlier shots.

And as for the cardboard boxes containing the road vehicles . . . .

Seriously, I've never been a fan of heavily weathered rolling stock. Perhaps it is a desire to pretend to remember trains as I would like to have seen them in my younger days. Andy always seems to strike the right balance between the pristine and (to my way of thinking) appropriately weathered.

I wish I had even a modicum of his artistic talents which seem to show no bounds. I've just got no artistic talent.

Evening Ray, and thanks, the reason for the minimalistic weathering in the spray booth is because it was BRAND NEW a couple of hours earlier.

Don't worry, the Land Rover got it in the end, as did these two.

post-9335-0-38064700-1400016623_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-70607700-1400016633_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Andy - Is this a new idea, weathering the boxes of vehicles so that you don't have to remove them  :nono: - much easier to weather a box than a Landrover :jester:

Cheers, Bob.

Sorry Bob, your to slow, see post above, ahhhahha

Hi Andy,

Love the 47' shots, at risk of being really shot or at worse skitted to bits I have to say the 47's were/are my favourite diesel. To gain some credence back my reason is simple, when I was a BR fitter they were in my opinion the easiest mainline loco to work on, followed by the variable 24/25/26/27 classes. The O8 was simpler still and I'm sure I could still strip and rebuild one in my sleep! NO I AM NOT AVAILABLE!

Keep up the good work mate.

Hi Mike, I'll post some more pics soon, poss even a 25 for you to enjoy.

Cheers Mate

nice layout andy, nice job on 401. regards steve.

Thanks Steve, I will re do some bits on the 47 roof, especially around the Exhaust port.

I also used the new Humbrol washes to do in and round the window frames and door edges to show dirt in them, I will try and do some close ups tomorrow.

Thanks again for looking in.

Heres a couple of Buses I did at the Easter Show, although NOT appropriate for Swad Lane I though I would just post them up to show the light weathering.

post-9335-0-43036400-1400017341_thumb.jpg

And this open Wagon that will be on Swad Lane.

post-9335-0-88817000-1400017436_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

And a bit of fun from today,

attachicon.gifDerby 2014 May 10th 049.JPG

attachicon.gifDerby 2014 May 10th 050.JPG

attachicon.gifDerby 2014 May 10th 051.JPG

Although it did seem to prefer Continental Stock to British.

Sorry not been on hear for a long time :nono: :nono: :scratchhead: :scratchhead:

Where did you get the pigeon from I won't one of them :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:. I love the pic's and the work you are putting into this one, keep up the work.   O good luck on the move. 

Edited by RAY NORWOOD