Swad Lane.

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

I should have gone to Club tonight but my Mojo has gone out on its own, and wont be back for some time.

And 25 minutes later.............

BUILD IT? Sounds a bit complicated to me, need another lie down me thinks.

Welcome back!

Cheers,

Mick

Andy

I am sorry... that while i would love to be sympathetic about the star letter, i could not finish it. Despite trying several times i could not finish reading without falling asleep.

I will just have to take everyones word about it, if i ever need a treatment for insomnia , i shall dig out that letter in the future.

• Like 3

Thanks Mick

Kal just found it in BRM. :sungum:

Have to say her letter droned on, pedantic and boring. Even if her facts are right (and I don't know if they are) by the time you got to the end of her letter....you didn't care.

You always get a well deserved good reception for your work, and I wouldn't let some one off comment upset you. Your work is well liked, and I daresay if someone wanted to pick holes, they will do it in a letter, where there is no opportunity for any comeback. 

Andy, I would think that the speed at which this thread has developed since I went out this morning is ample evidence for the argument that you should stay!! One rotten egg spoils an omelette so simply dispose of it before wielding the whisk! Would be lovely to see some modelling by said 'whinger' in order that we could all join in constructive criticism? Don't expect that will ever happen. Of much more importance, in my humble opinion, is the news on the house - that really is a pain in the derrière! My counsel would be to throw yourself into the making of what looks like being one of the layouts of 2014. In any case, being selfish, I need the continued inspiration to keep me going,

Speak tomorrow when I've calmed down,

Kind regards,

Jock67B.

Dear Andy,

All the very best mate!

I just want to say that you have always lifted my spirits whenever I've felt a bit low and you always seem to exemplify all that RM always said "Railway modelling is FUN"!!

You help make this forum and the Lunesters what it is today.

Chin up!

John E.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It's a real feat to have some work published in one of the magazines! :fan: :fan: :fan: :fan:
It is a crying bloody shame that the magazine even gave space to something as pitiful as this nobody's letter. :nono:

Shaun.

Thanks Mick

Kal just found it in BRM. :sungum:

Have to say her letter droned on, pedantic and boring. Even if her facts are right (and I don't know if they are) by the time you got to the end of her letter....you didn't care.

You always get a well deserved good reception for your work, and I wouldn't let some one off comment upset you. Your work is well liked, and I daresay if someone wanted to pick holes, they will do it in a letter, where there is no opportunity for any comeback. 

AND according to Ben, he had edited out about HALF of it before publishing the divvel that was left.

AMAZING

Hi Andy,

Now I know the facts I'll give you a laugh. When I exhibited Bermuda Road, like any layout it was/is not finished. I placed a couple of trams in the town area for effect and hundreds of people passed by without comment until one guy said 'what's an Edinburgh and Bradford tram doing together' I replied 'much more to the point, how did they get there as there are no wires or rails' He walked away. Haha.

• Like 1

O.K. Guys and Galls, I have made the decision to move on and try and put it behind me. I have asked for a letter to be published in response and I hope it is.

I would therefore respectfully request that the matter is dropped from this thread now so that I can get back to doing what I enjoy best, and that's modelling.

I think that the house problems that are still on going as I type this have added to my stress levels over the last 48 hours, and I was quite poorly yesterday as a result with my ticker going ten to the dozen, both in anger at the letter and in frustration at the man with NO MONEY. 

Thank you all for your continued support, and I will try to repay you all with humor and modelling

Bodgit :O

P.S. I logged on this morning to a massive 72 likes / supportive, much from people I have either never heard of or had conversations with on here.

Thanks you all

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

Morning Andy,   l don't know what to say, words fail me, l thought the 'mad cow disease' had all but gone, she is oblivious of this ? a model railway layout is built mainly for running our trains on, and in some cases people like to show theirs off at exhibitions and shows which gives people who have not got the time or room to build one of their own an in-sight to our world, plus it plants the seeds we need to go on a build one of our own, most off the layouts are fictitious with just a feel for GWR, SR etc etc and most if not all are not 100% accurate

In the past few years you have done just that with your countless layouts of a very high standard, and you are always there to answer any questions that may pop up from the general public, l have been with you and your gang many times as a witness, only once can l recall where someone has pointed out, 'is that right or that's wrong' but you are there to explain the reasons why.

You will always get the rivet counter, l remember building from scratch a Bulleid pacific in 0 gauge 34063 in brass, it was my baby and gots lots of interest at one of your 0 gauge meetings at your club, then this guy comes up an says l don't think the washout plugs are right, so l said well you show me your scratch-built Bulleid and we will compare,  Oh no l haven't got one ? so l said well P*** O** then. and that upset me all day,

So you keep the threads / layouts / tutorials / pictures etc etc going mate, as you are an inspiration to all of us (even me) don't let one S*** H*** spoil what you have achieved with all your hard work, l will say no more.......... George

• Like 3

so does this mean...I can ask if you plan to put up any more pictures of your nice new shiny layout???  :angel: .....not being pushy.....much....  :D

O.K. Miss Pushy Pants, here's a couple of 33035 in NSE especially for you my dear.

post-9335-0-06943100-1399624246_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-34332500-1399624331_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-71552300-1399624365_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

Morning Andy,   l don't know what to say, words fail me, l thought the 'mad cow disease' had all but gone, she is oblivious of this ? a model railway layout is built mainly for running our trains on, and in some cases people like to show theirs off at exhibitions and shows which gives people who have not got the time or room to build one of their own an in-sight to our world, plus it plants the seeds we need to go on a build one of our own, most off the layouts are fictitious with just a feel for GWR, SR etc etc and most if not all are not 100% accurate

In the past few years you have done just that with your countless layouts of a very high standard, and you are always there to answer any questions that may pop up from the general public, l have been with you and your gang many times as a witness, only once can l recall where someone has pointed out, 'is that right or that's wrong' but you are there to explain the reasons why.

You will always get the rivet counter, l remember building from scratch a Bulleid pacific in 0 gauge 34063 in brass, it was my baby and gots lots of interest at one of your 0 gauge meetings at your club, then this guy comes up an says l don't think the washout plugs are right, so l said well you show me your scratch-built Bulleid and we will compare,  Oh no l haven't got one ? so l said well P*** O** then. and that upset me all day,

So you keep the threads / layouts / tutorials / pictures etc etc going mate, as you are an inspiration to all of us (even me) don't let one S*** H*** spoil what you have achieved with all your hard work, l will say no more.......... George

Cheers George, we'll chat later mate.

Thanks.

Well as you've all seen from the pics so far, Swad Lane could be Exhibited with just one board, there would be enough room to have wagons and Locos on the Layout for a Show and to entertain the Public.

The Layout would then be just 4ft x 2ft plus a 30 inch Fiddle Yard, and that's more than enough for some show organizers to squeeze into a spare corner.

I will post some pics of the second board soon.

• Like 4

Well as you've all seen from the pics so far, Swad Lane could be Exhibited with just one board, there would be enough room to have wagons and Locos on the Layout for a Show and to entertain the Public.

The Layout would then be just 4ft x 2ft plus a 30 inch Fiddle Yard, and that's more than enough for some show organizers to squeeze into a spare corner.

I will post some pics of the second board soon.

I have always had enough space with that kinda size mate, remember pilot road box file?? minimal as it gets hahaha

I hope to catch up and see this one, really nice buy and i want it ( just the 4x2 bit though ) hahaha

nice one mate

• Like 2

I have always had enough space with that kinda size mate, remember pilot road box file?? minimal as it gets hahaha

I hope to catch up and see this one, really nice buy and i want it ( just the 4x2 bit though ) hahaha

nice one mate

Cheers Neil, but as the song goes, You cant have one without the other. hahhah

Catch you laters mayter

• RMweb Premium

O.K. Miss Pushy Pants, here's a couple of 33035 in NSE especially for you my dear.

Oi Bodgit

What has happened to the lovely little green diesels from last week? I don't know new train set, new period of modelling. :dontknow:

Evening all, well the BAD NEWS IS

THAT SWAD LANE WILL NOT BE DEVELOPED MUCH MORE FOR NOW

The God News Is that

We have been told today that the Man now has his Money and is paying it all into his Solicitor on Monday.

This means we could exchange contracts next Friday

And be moved within Two Weeks.

Then its a few Weeks / Months of hard work on the Bungalow and then on the Garage conversion.

Then and ONLY THEN can I start modelling again.

Still I'm at the Derby Show tomorrow so I will be on the lookout for some divine inspiration :sungum: :sungum: :locomotive: :locomotive: :scared:

• Like 10

Oi Bodgit

What has happened to the lovely little green diesels from last week? I don't know new train set, new period of modelling. :dontknow:

Fear not young man, the Green 22 and 35 (Hymek) will be joined by a Green 33 very soon, ( see George T's Ashcombe) ready for a nice West Country Branch when I move.

The hope is to have 3 Layouts in the Potting Shed, one either side, i.e. the West Country Branch on one side and a Midland Terminus on the other.

Swad Lane will be portable and can be erected in the middle to play with.

My interest are to wide and varied to have just the one Layout in one period I'm afraid.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

As someone pointed out earlier you are inspiring you do stuff! No well maybe perhaps it gets done as Jazz (Ken)  puts it learning by doing... He is inspirational too he doesn't hum and har he makes things quickly and well. If I win the lottery tonight you can build the 0 gauge layout just so I could buy his loco's to run on it.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Evening all, well the BAD NEWS IS

THAT SWAD LANE WILL NOT BE DEVELOPED MUCH MORE FOR NOW

The God News Is that

We have been told today that the Man now has his Money and is paying it all into his Solicitor on Monday.

This means we could exchange contracts next Friday

And be moved within Two Weeks.

Then its a few Weeks / Months of hard work on the Bungalow and then on the Garage conversion.

Then and ONLY THEN can I start modelling again.

Still I'm at the Derby Show tomorrow so I will be on the lookout for some divine inspiration :sungum: :sungum: :locomotive: :locomotive: :scared:

Andy

YEA!!!!!!  I have just caught up and am pleased to end my reading on a high.  I am SO pleased that it has happened at last.  All the best for the move.

Fear not young man, the Green 22 and 35 (Hymek) will be joined by a Green 33 very soon, ( see George T's Ashcombe) ready for a nice West Country Branch when I move.

The hope is to have 3 Layouts in the Potting Shed, one either side, i.e. the West Country Branch on one side and a Midland Terminus on the other.

Swad Lane will be portable and can be erected in the middle to play with.

My interest are to wide and varied to have just the one Layout in one period I'm afraid.

Good news on the house front, full steam ahead (sorry don't know the diesel equivalent).

Sounds like you've got (or getting) the same line up of GREENS as me. The Hymek turned up today to go with the 22, 25 and 33. I'll be watching closely to see what you do with them (then I can pinch your ideas, haha).

Ray.

Ps. Mind you, Pollys got her eyes on some of them for her 60s period on GWR'd.

Edited by tender
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

I have seen other work by Trevor and Ashley Toon - its great.  Your own 'additions' make them exceptional!   George T mentions 'the gang' that operates Andy's models at exhibitions and as one of the privileged I can tell everybody that it is fun and GR was one of the best (apart of course from Deesdale Road(? biased) which will be at Loughborough and Stafford) to operate.  To me fun is the name of the game and long may it continue.

Looking forward to seeing Swad Lane in its new guise.

Also thanks for your advice on Rothleigh tonight.

Cheers, Peter BB

• Like 1