Not able to add photos in text using "add to post"

• RMweb Premium

Dunno if it's related to the recent outage, but I can't place a photo within the message body. despite using the "Add to post" button. Instead the photo appears at the end of the post

The post in question is:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/85630-signals-to-the-left-or-right/&do=findComment&comment=1445476

I've used "reply to post" and the editor is in HTML ode as well.

Cheers,

Mick

Test

Feature1s.jpg

Seems OK at this end so it shouldn't be server related; it's maybe a browser caching issue after the outage. Cache clearing may help.

It allowed me to edit your post to put the signal image in place.

• RMweb Premium

Test

attachicon.gifFeature1s.jpg

Seems OK at this end so it shouldn't be server related; it's maybe a browser caching issue after the outage. Cache clearing may help.

It allowed me to edit your post to put the signal image in place.

Ta for editing the post.

Still can't get the editor to display correctly.
Here's a screenshot and again, it won't allow placing of the pic in the message body.

post-408-0-78399200-1399664422_thumb.jpg

I'll have a go with my laptop,

EDIT: Just edited the post with laptop and I can place the picture correctly. Looks like a browser issue with my desk PC.

Cheers,
Mick

Mick

My "normal" browser is IE. However, I have found for some time now that the only way to add anything more complex than a plain text response on RM is to use Firefox. I am sure that the computer wizards can explain how I should beat IE into compliance, but, if there is a simple work around, that is good enough for me.

Best wishes

Eric     

• RMweb Premium

Mick

My "normal" browser is IE. However, I have found for some time now that the only way to add anything more complex than a plain text response on RM is to use Firefox. I am sure that the computer wizards can explain how I should beat IE into compliance, but, if there is a simple work around, that is good enough for me.

Best wishes

Eric     

I use IE on two PC's - a desk and laptop. I've just re-edited my post above via the laptop and it's all normal. Possible issue with my desk PC browser, but I think I have the same version on both PC's - version 8. I'll do some more digging

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

I use IE on two PC's - a desk and laptop. I've just re-edited my post above via the laptop and it's all normal. Possible issue with my desk PC browser, but I think I have the same version on both PC's - version 8. I'll do some more digging

Cheers,

Mick

IE8 on the laptop - working fine, IE 10 on the desk pc not working fine.

Another observation - when I click on "show comments" to try and reply in the member's status update field on the right, the screen defaults to the top.

BTW, the &nbsp above and under the quoted post is generated by the reply editor

And another one - when I click on a hyperlink in a post, it doesn't open in a new window, it closes the RMweb tab. It's all very probably something simple for the PC guys out there.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

I've also had the same issues with images and quotes using IE, so have switched to Chrome which seems to work fine.

( this post was written on Safari on my iTouch, which does quotes but not pictures).

• RMweb Premium

I've had all these problems for weeks. Since a windows update.

Solution is to switch to BBCode mode!   That's the mini light switch icon above the B bold icon. It can be switched back & forth but the only thing I can't now achieve is coloured type!

Hope this helps

Shaun.  On PC!

• RMweb Premium

I've had all these problems for weeks. Since a windows update.

Solution is to switch to BBCode mode!   That's the mini light switch icon above the B bold icon. It can be switched back & forth but the only thing I can't now achieve is coloured type!

Hope this helps

Shaun.  On PC!

I can't get the BBcode switch as it now doesn't appear in my reply options - see my post above for the screenshot. I have absolutely no toolbar/header when I "reply to post"

I'm beginning to think it's related to a windows update.

Cheers,

Mick

I can't get the BBcode switch as it now doesn't appear in my reply options - see my post above for the screenshot.

Yes, that's an IE/Invision Power Board compatability issue; they're supposed to be re-doing the editor in the next software version out soon(ish).

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Lots of bugs seem to have disappeared!

Normal service seems to have been resumed.

I'm now able to add photos within the post, rather than attached thumbnails at the bottom of the post. I can now reply directly, without having to use "reply quoting this post" and then deleting the quote. Also, the BBcode switch and editor including smilies and url link buttons are now working!

Yay.

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Why do I see " " either side of NewBryford's quotes?

I doesn't seem to appear elsewhere

Keith

It's not happening now - I presume it was a bug that's now fixed.

Cheers,

Mick

If I want to paste a link, say to Photobucket, or even edit my post by cutting and pasting I have to use Chrome.  IE11 (whatever the latest is with Win7) doesn't work - very frustrating coz I hate Chrome.

John

Archived