HO Monon inspired layout

In the box of goodies was a laser cut utility box for a pick up truck. First time I have used a laser cut product before. Very precise as you would imagine, minimum clean up and went together with relative ease once I stopped super glueing the bits to my finger. Just need to find the F100 to fit it into.

On the downside there are lot of scorch marks which I think would interfere with a natural wood finish if was to use it to replicate that in other items.

In the box of goodies was a laser cut utility box for a pick up truck. First time I have used a laser cut product before. Very precise as you would imagine, minimum clean up and went together with relative ease once I stopped super glueing the bits to my finger. Just need to find the F100 to fit it into.

On the downside there are lot of scorch marks which I think would interfere with a natural wood finish if was to use it to replicate that in other items.

post-9435-0-97234900-1412834366_thumb.jpg

post-9435-0-13716600-1412834376_thumb.jpg

post-9435-0-14932900-1412834385_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Came across this truck cab in my spares box I must have picked up from somewhere. Not very good in identifying USA vehicles. Does any one recognise its make and approximate year please? It was with a very basic white metal flatbed chassis which was coarsely detailed and if the cab is in the right period I would rebuild out of evergreen strip

Following a bit of 'trading', this is now in my possession for use on 'Woodsville' - and looks like this -

post-807-0-23705800-1413032004.jpg

Some filing hacking and carving around the windows to enlarge them, the remains of a Coopercraft Tank Trailer kit (wheels, chassis, rebuilt tank), some plasticard, industrial language etc. and almost ready to paint.

But how?

Possibly to match the Oil Company on Woodsville?

BTW, the white metal elements of the original have found their way into my 'large lumps of white metal and lead' box for weighting wagons etc. in the future.

One man's rubbish etc. etc......................

• Like 1

Following a bit of 'trading', this is now in my possession for use on 'Woodsville' - and looks like this -

attachicon.gifTank Lorry.1.A.jpg

Some filing hacking and carving around the windows to enlarge them, the remains of a Coopercraft Tank Trailer kit (wheels, chassis, rebuilt tank), some plasticard, industrial language etc. and almost ready to paint.

But how?

Possibly to match the Oil Company on Woodsville?

BTW, the white metal elements of the original have found their way into my 'large lumps of white metal and lead' box for weighting wagons etc. in the future.

One man's rubbish etc. etc......................

Yes agree the white metal seems to lack finese!

I think the model cab is one of these

post-9435-0-62387400-1413041935.jpg

Feelin a little grotty today - possible side effects of flu jab so after spending the morning working on the Big Draw have decided to chill out with hot chocolate and have a go at making an interpretation of this interesting set of huts

To fit my layout space the dimensions will be amended but hopefully keep the character of the buildings

post-9435-0-32049800-1413042109.jpg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 1

Yes agree the white metal seems to lack finese!

I think the model cab is one of these

Well, it's similar if nothing else.  I still think my windows may be a bit to small but as I've now laboriously cut and filed the glazing for them - they'll have to do!

Good luck with the huts, there's several types of Evergreen available that will save a lot of time.

A series of power cuts last night meant modelling came to a stop as eyes not good enough to detail and paint by candlelight but brought back the memories of the winter of discontent in the early 1970s. But did research old style - read a book. Came across reference to a car repairers hut and this morning came across this plan via the www.monon.org website so will be making to go with the last hut.

post-9435-0-93812100-1413440349_thumb.jpg

Not sure how much time will have over next four weeks as colleague I was covering for will be absent for a further 4 weeks but have exhibiting another layout at the Leeds Show this weekend to look forward so it will be time to snatch a few modelling minutes here and there.

Today I have been having a crate time and barrels of fun preparing some detailing for the warehouse scene

post-9435-0-75089300-1413786461_thumb.jpg

Edited by enginelane
  • Like 2