RMweb

The Official Rapido APT-E Thread

rapidotrains

Happy to say mine arrived safe and well. Wasn't too bad to assemble either but I agree you really do need to read the booklet!

Stunning model and has really been worth the wait. My only comment is that this this does not like track pins so make sure their all down properly before you run.

I am no 267 (boring old DCC ready) but havent had an email to pay the balance yet, I cant do it online because I subsequently added the extra coach to the order (a couple of months after my initial order at Warley 2014) and want to make sure I pay the full amount owed, I have left a telephone message and used the contact us page and am now quietly waiting for them to get a couple of minutes spare to sort me out (in a nice way).

• Like 1

Pleasantly surprised to see mine arrive today, I was expecting to recieve it after Easter given the amount of work Sandra and her team have got on at the moment.  Well done to the Locomotion dispatch team for getting it out so quickly.

For the number collectors amongst you I'm 158 (which doesn't make me a DMU).

• RMweb Gold

Pleasantly surprised to see mine arrive today, I was expecting to recieve it after Easter given the amount of work Sandra and her team have got on at the moment.  Well done to the Locomotion dispatch team for getting it out so quickly.

For the number collectors amongst you I'm 158 (which doesn't make me a DMU).

Huh?

I should be before you - where's mine, not had an email from courier etc?????

Huh?

No idea.  I didn't get any e-mails either so it was a surprise to me.  There again our local courier who deals with a number of firms is pretty good, it wasn't a UPS van that delivered but Gareth in his white van who does Yodel, myHerpes and now it seems some UPS work!

Part of the fun of living in Rural Wales.

Edited by wombatofludham

I set myself a target of getting my layout wired before mine arrived, so I could set it up & run it straight away.

I've been working hard on over the last few weeks but I've just lost. My APT-E has just arrived & I have about a week's worth of work left before the layout is ready for it.

I'm not complaining though.

• RMweb Gold

And just now a sound version has appeared on e bay.That was quick!!

Blimey. 99p start too. That's brave. because I bet that there'll be one or two still available for sale at Locomotion if you could tear Sandra away from a roll of tape and pile of boxes.

Huh?

I ordered on scanning day and was given No. 5. No sign of it yet, so maybe they are dealing with them in order of final payment, rather than numerical order. (CJL)

• RMweb Gold

My DCC sound APT arrived today. Yippee! No 186. :-)

I was just wondering what the loud lorry sound was outside when the door was knocked. Unpacked but not assembled yet.  My grandson said, "can we put in on my Thomas set?"  He was a bit disappointed when I said No.  But he enjoyed the Cybermen video from Rapido as a consolation prize.

Now to read the READ THIS FIRST BOOK...

Edited by 87004

I ordered a dcc and a dcc sound one, not been delivered yet though although fully paid up, I don't have a layout though, how does the dcc sound work without a dcc controller?

In general it will cycle through a start up routine before finally moving off. Of course Rapido may have programmed it to act differently.

DCC can normally be run on DC. A non sound chip DCC loco will act like any other DC loco under those conditions.

While I have had no issues, I avoid as much as possible running a DCC item on DC (just because I,m cautious), only did so on silly small things like making sure the lights work after replacing the body etc, rather than spending time starting the entire DCC set up.

• RMweb Premium

Blimey. 99p start too. That's brave. because I bet that there'll be one or two still available for sale at Locomotion if you could tear Sandra away from a roll of tape and pile of boxes.

Now up to £64 - EDIT: £102

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BR-Advanced-Passenger-Train-APT-E-Rapido-NRM-Locomotion-DCC-Sound-Brand-New-/322050641293?hash=item4afbb6cd8d:g:AQgAAOSwvFZW8az-

Is that one of Andy Y's pics?

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Gold

I just could not resist asking the seller if the item had been tested and does it run well in both directions.

This is the reply:

Hi,

No, as such a rare collectors item it would be devalued significantly by me even opening the packaging! In the highly unlikely event of the item being faulty then as long as it was returned as new (obviously the packaging will have been opened) I would give a refund. In the event of it being damaged in transit it would be covered fully by insurance.

If you are on RMweb jaked258  please accept my apologies for my tongue in cheek question.

• Like 2

Thanks, Andy for the great photos and to everyone for the very kind words!

A lot of hard work has gone into this model - more so than almost any other project we've done. Today Bill described it to me as "The Canadian" for the UK market in terms of its ambition and complexity. It certainly took over our whole factory for a few months like The Canadian did back in 2012.

I'm delighted that the initial reaction is so positive.

-Jason

• Like 13

I can see that Ebay one going for well in excess of the £325 originally paid for it

Just a shame the chap can`t even get his description right

"Four car set as 13001" is the first line

Picture five shows it to be the 13501 DCC / SOUND Version

Small mistake yep , But if your gonna sell it at least get the description right (Rant over lol)

Still waiting impatiently for mine to arrive (number 7 to France). No idea if it left Shildon yet as these ones are not via UPS it seems.

I can't wait, I just can't wait....

Oh what fits of stress I am in!

• Like 1