The Official Rapido APT-E Thread

rapidotrains

• RMweb Premium

What somebody does with a model after they buy it is entirely down to them providing that they stay within the law and avoid using it as an offensive weapon or as part of a fraud or other such unlikely possibilities. Once Locomotion sell the model then they have no further control over the model. I am really not sure Locomotion would want to prevent people re-selling (for the simple reason that the speculators provide additional sales to the original seller, i.e. Locomotion) but if it really is troubling them then one thing which might reduce it is if they publish something on their website offering to refund deposits for anybody who ordered the model but who now no longer wants it for whatever reason. That wouldn’t prevent re-selling either but it would at least provide a simple option for people whose circumstances really have changed and if people really are profiteering on EBay then there wouldn’t be much risk to Locomotion either.

Hi All,

The 1/76th Mr Tilt, joint module steps, tilt active warning board for above the bogies, a collection of other train staff and front nose speed probes are already under construction, along with a 3D printer version of POP 1.

Kits figure will be more expensive to produce, due to the vast amount of 70s frizzy hair.

Watch this space............

• Like 4

I actually changed my mind about the model and my need of it. I did consider completing the purchase and selling it on Ebay and I probably could have made some money. However I emailed Locomotion to see if I could cancel and get a refund of my £50 and they were only too happy to do that as they said they had a waiting list just in case there were others like me. It was dealt with promptly and I had my refund in a matter of days. 

I have no problem though with people who choose to sell on Ebay. We do do not know if they have a change of circumstances or if they bought them to sell specifically .If they did good luck to them they increased the sales for  Locomotion and boosted Rapido profits so that they will be more confident in the future of doing something similar.GT3 anyone ? Now I wouldn't cancel that.

• Like 1

Hi All,

The 1/76th Mr Tilt, joint module steps, tilt active warning board for above the bogies, a collection of other train staff and front nose speed probes are already under construction, along with a 3D printer version of POP 1.

Kits figure will be more expensive to produce, due to the vast amount of 70s frizzy hair.

Watch this space............

.... and the size of the flares no doubt?  :D

Whatever the number is, it is at least minus one, probably two as I guess from your post, Shane, that you haven’t got yours yet either.

I realise that 2,000 or so models take quite a bit of work to send out and the team, if any smaller, would be one person. I’m doing my best not to worry but if the sound ones are being sent out first, as stated, and some people have their non-sound ones, then something isn’t quite right if my sound one hasn’t arrived yet.

I have a DCC ready APT ordered from Locomotion models and I've already paid for it in full, I have no intention of selling mine on eBay or elsewhere but I don't have a problem with anyone who sells their models on eBay or elsewhere and I don't mind anyone who makes a profit...once you buy anything it becomes your property and your free to do anything you wish to with it.

At the risk of moaning about eBay.

This guy has a genuine reason for sale as evidenced by the scuffed noses and presumably matching silver paint on bits of his scenery.

BIN price is a bit rich though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/rapido-trains-APT-E-OO-gauge-DCC-sound-/121945412084?hash=item1c648351f4:g:-1IAAOSwZ8ZXAm72

He needs to read the '...a book about the history of this locomotive....'.

TC-1 means 'Trailer Car 1', not 'Test Coach 1'.

Sometimes I wonder why I wrote it all down........... <sigh>

Hi all, we are working hard to get these sets out as quickly as possible. For those who already have them, you know how big and heavy the boxes are so when you've shifted a few of those around in a day it wears us out!!

Shane, i think yours is going out this week as I've been making out courier labels all day and I have certainly made at least one label for a Shane ( I hope you are the same one!)

I think we are half way or just over sending them out so still a way to go yet...

Cheers

Sandra

Edited by LocomotionatShildon
  • Like 1

Thanks Sandra, I feel reassured now! Obviously I know you are working very hard at getting these out which is why am being patient but just needed to be reassured. I am unashamedly very excited about this, it is also the single largest purchase of any model railway equipment I have ever made. I am even building a layout specifically to run it on.

Cheers

Shane

• Like 1

Thanks Sandra for the frequent updates regarding the shipping out of the models.

For us that haven't yet received our models it is reassuring to know what's happening and where you are up to.

Although I do understand what NO DECORUM is saying in regards of the sound versions going out first, as this was my understanding. (open to be corrected).

Anyway still waiting patiently.

Cheers D7100.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Sandra, I've sent you a personal message about next week :)

We'll have less of that sort of thing on here. It is a respectable forum you know!

Thanks Sandra, I've sent you a personal message about next week :)

She is busy packing and shipping APT-Es so what ever it is will have to wait! 

Actually, Sandra have a day off and relax.

Signed somebody who hasnt got his yet but can fully appreciate the effort you are both/all putting in to getting these out as quickly as you can.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The three-car set threaded its way through my layout this afternoon with no fouling points:

post-14389-0-13743800-1459804202.jpg

This is a c. 1:20 gradient with a 24-inch curve at the bottom, no problems. I have however banned the train from the mine branch (the higher level) because the nose actually bottoms out at the foot of the gradient, but I can't imagine this affecting many other modellers.

I think the model is fabulous, so one more photo:

post-14389-0-29602600-1459804334.jpg

- Richard.

• Like 2

Its weird why everyone seems to be getting hot under the collar for this ...... eBay is there to sell items, one of those APT-Es is mine - I've listed it at the price I paid for it - not looking to cash in, pre-ordered it as soon as it was released and paid the deposit, a few months later I changed my mind but as id already paid the deposit i was bound to buy it as I didn't want to lose £50.

If people didn't pro-order the loco which was very heavily publicised, and are prepared to pay a higher amount for it then so be it. As I stated in my advertisement, just looking to recoup my costs - hence the start price  - now if someone is prepared to pay more then thats their decision not mine. And yes I could have put a buy it now price of £225 but when you take into account eBay selling fees and paypal fees and postage (its a big heavy box) i'd probably need to sell for around £270 to recoup my outlay - so if someone is prepared to pay more for the item and i make some money then good for me - I'll still sleep at night and the world won't stop spinning. Ebay gets bashed on this forum by a fair few people but at the end of the day its a business and the business exists to make money or it would go out of business very quickly.  There are a great many bargains still to be had on the forum and touch wood I have never had an issue with people not paying for items or not sending items I've bought, I've well over 1000 transactions on there and 100% positive feedback - if used correctly it is a very good tool for us model railway enthusiasts especially with rising prices on new products....

Ben 

I have nothing against anyone who wishes to sell their APT-E

However like you say Ebay is a market place and a global one at that

If it`s true that all you want to do is recoup your costs then by your own admission you`ve listed it to make a profit

Nothing wrong in that but it would seem that the age old mentality of "MMMMM it`s worth more than I paid for it" has come into play

Along with the human trait of jumping on the bandwagon i:e if one sells for loads of money then several more get listed in an attempt to cash in on the current popularity and interest in the model

I currently count 7 on ebay plus the one that's already sold

For those of us who have received our models it makes for an interesting decision "Do I sell now and cash in" or "Do I sit on it for awhile as clearly the price is only going to increase with time" or do we behave like normal model rail peeps and keep it to run on our layouts

The one listed with the damage just makes me lol

Clearly it`s been unboxed , put together and then run at speed around a layout without first checking to see if it was indeed going to strike anything

I`d of thought that any normal modeler would of sent the set round at a snails pace first to check for clearance before giving it some beans especially seeing as it had just cost nigh on £300 or more depending on the set bought

Not sure if this has been worked out before, but packing 2000 packages at 5 minutes each would take 22 days at 8 hours per day! And that doesn't include lunch and toilet breaks, which I presume Sandra needs.

8 hours a day, dont they realise how vitally important it is that we get these things, they should be working at least 23 1/2 hours a day! 

this post is not meant to be taken seriously, anything over 22 hours would be too much!

• RMweb Premium

I would want to give at least 10 minutes per pack, possibly even 15. Even with all the packing materials cut and ready to use, there's still getting the labels sorted out and double checking to ensure the right certificate goes with the right buyer. So for one person you could be looking at a couple of months to post out... (I don't think Locomotion will take that long though).

It looks like the boxes come sealed and packaged from Rapido with the model type marked on the outside the invoice and certificates are put in the plastic envelope stuck on the out side.

Having said that I would not want to be the one send out circa 2000 boxes.

Especially when you people like me who ring up and change to a sound model at the last Moment when you realise it works on DC, and then you receive it the next day.

Sandra is a real hero, perhaps we could recommend her for the new years honors list

• Like 1

I took my E-Train model down to my club, the Gloucester Model Railway Club, tonight and wowed them all with it.  :D

I took the opportunity to do some serious running in on the test track, as well as demonstrating as many of the sounds as I could manage. The club DCC controller will only go up to F12, so rather ironically I couldn't run the tilt packs, nor F16 either, but it certainly looked great tilting around the curves. The other guys were amazed when I levered the roofs of the Trailer and Power Cars off to show them the interiors, but I told them I'd been practicing all day doing that at the York Show over Easter.  :D

I took some pics and even some video of it with my phone, but as I have NO idea how to get them off and onto my laptop they could join the Dead Sea Scrolls in antiquity.......

• Like 1