The Official Rapido APT-E Thread

rapidotrains

• RMweb Gold

I’m still waiting but it suggests to me that a tiny drop of oil on the motor bearings might be needed. There or on the transmission.

The manual does mention that the transmission has adequate lubrication but requires some running for it to be effective.

• RMweb Gold

Do you want the honest or the diplomatic answer to that? :D

:jester:

My son is living in the Netherlands at the moment and he likes that the Dutch seem to be very forthright people, no messing about!
  • Like 1

I decided to be brave and put together my APT-E, runs great from the start and can manage a full circuit of my layout without hitting something (in 1 direction at least).

I was a little disconcerted to read the booklet as it advises against whinging about the couplings on RMWeb unless I have a better idea. Well as an English gentleman I reserve the right to complain about things I have no knowledge of or insight into. That's what makes us English great and why the rest of the world respects and admires us (I think).

Oh and thanks for the train guys.

At first I got confused about using pancakes to join the vehicles together.

I tried sliding the two parts together by sliding them across thin pancakes then thick pancakes, but they both stuck to the bottom of the coaches.

On the next one I added sugar but that made them stick more. Then syrup and then I thought "aha Canada" and Maple syrup. But still both halves ended up being stuck to the pancake.

I then clean up vehicles and made another deep filled pancake covering it in Lemon juice. The two halves could now slide easily without getting stuck to it but still they would not join.

It was at this point a gust of wind blew through the house and turned the page. There I saw a diagram showing that Pancake actually meant a part between each section of the train....

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I had an email which showed the courier delivering a large package on our Security system. Check the live feed and the box was left by the door.

Tonight we are at Mums but I couldn't wait to open the box so it's on the kitchen table but no I am not going to eat it!

post-1557-0-22360300-1459880051_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

does anyone have a nice side on image that I can use for the railmaster image as mine (594) arrived this afternoon :yahoo:

also I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone at Locomotion, Rapido and everyone at the APT-E conservation group for creating an amazing model of such a fantastic train

Edited by Danim

Has anyone found/been able to access the Rapido youtube enhanced instructions for connecting up the 4 units of APT-E yet referred to in the "read this booklet" it doesn't appear to be obviously availableon Youtube ? - mine is proving a real pig to connect up (i.e. not one of the 3 connector pairs  is matching up as per instructions and I do not want to force it as the instructions threaten penalties for those who do) ...... and I am not convinced looking at the connectors under a mag glass  that the plug and opposing socket are central in the mounting.

Has anyone found/been able to access the Rapido youtube enhanced instructions for connecting up the 4 units of APT-E yet referred to in the "read this booklet" it doesn't appear to be obviously availableon Youtube ? - mine is proving a real pig to connect up (i.e. not one of the 3 connector pairs  is matching up as per instructions and I do not want to force it as the instructions threaten penalties for those who do) ...... and I am not convinced looking at the connectors under a mag glass  that the plug and opposing socket are central in the mounting.

Tilt it 10 degrees,line it up then bring it down as you slide it in.

Tilt it 10 degrees,line it up then bring it down as you slide it in.

Hi Jitman  thank you but in nicest possible way thats exactly what I have been doing - as per booklets instructions - you can just about see that the 2 pins on the LHS are possibly engaging to go in on one side of socket but on the other side they appear to be misaligned and are hitting the plastic around the socket - however they do not look bent when I look at them under a glass. Problem is compounded  by the socket mounting twisting up as it tries to engage. As I said I do not want to force them hence I want to see how an expert does it - i.e. the youtube video..... if it exists yet.

• Like 1

January last year when I put a deposit on mine I thought £325.00 or AU$600 less vat was a rally good price considering I paid AU$915 for a 3 car Rapido turbo train which has a similar arrangement as the E train, i.e. 2 power cars and articulated coaches, It doesn't tilt. Oh no it doesn't!

The turbo train is having troubles with the drive wheel gears. I wonder if they might be the interchangeable with the same parts on the E train.  Rapido are currently trying to help me.

john

Hi John, I recently purchased a new late colours Amtrak turbotrain which just makes a lot of noise but no movement is this the same problem you have, did you find a solution?

I can find out when I get home, it's a Nokia Somethingorother.

Kit

And now for something completely ​different​ ​ off topic.

If it is  anything like this I don't know either , I only use it for 2 things making & receiving calls. For photos I have a real camera if you consider a DSLR a real camera.

post-28417-0-64754500-1459905496_thumb.jpg

John

PS its magenta not pink

• RMweb Gold

I got home last night and set up the full APT but my test track is 2 inches too short. However I could test it stationary with the power car lifted up onto the track stop block.

Talk about being noisy. Hope that I didn't disturb next door.

I have no lowered the overall volume (taking note of the warning about adjusting individual sound levels in the manual) to a CV value of 120.

I have also renumbered it to 999.

I may have it with me on the Sunday at the Crawley show in Horsham although it wont fit on our TT scale layout.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Can someone please say what F16 is? Those of us who didn't purchase are beyond teased now I believe.

Please no!

Some of us have a DCC train with an analogue controller, and want to find out in our own time :-)