RMweb

Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Gold

I agree with your comments.

I don't use or wish to use electronic mags, a ticket to a show that is too far away is no incentive either.

But, I would be happy to pay a small premium to be able to sell items,  and support the forum that way.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

I agree with your comments.

I don't use or wish to use electronic mags, a ticket to a show that is too far away is no incentive either.

But, I would be happy to pay a small premium to be able to sell items,  and support the forum that way.

Just the good old days when RMWeb was Andy's personal toy?

Mike.

3 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Really???

I quote from the first post on the gold membership thread;

Steve and I have been working on this for quite some time and we're now proud to launch a new premium membership level to RMweb!

Mike.

That's 3 of us on the naughty step!

At this rate they’re going to need a bigger naughty step.

Move over a bet.......

Tim T

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Where's he gone? Not been run over by the Orse I hope.:o

BTW Not seen any Gold Medallions posting on my threads, but then, I am a Low Life, haha.:nono:

Well he's certainly still around, throwing pebbles in other people's ponds...

• Funny 2

We could try baiting him?...

-clears throat... inhales...- 'Sheffield Exchange would be much more fun to operate if it was configured for DCC and all the bog-carts had sound chips rather than just driving the track in analogue'

-retreats to fallout shelter-

;)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Where's he gone? Not been run over by the Orse I hope.:o

BTW Not seen any Gold Medallions posting on my threads, but then, I am a Low Life, haha.:nono:

Still here nothing to report.

All RMwebbers are equal, just some are more equal than others.

9 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Well he's certainly still around, throwing pebbles in other people's ponds...

I am trying to be helpful.

8 minutes ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

We could try baiting him?...

-clears throat... inhales...- 'Sheffield Exchange would be much more fun to operate if it was configured for DCC and all the bog-carts had sound chips rather than just driving the track in analogue'

-retreats to fallout shelter-

;)

They are not bog-carts, any more of that talk and you will need to hide in your secret bunker.

Remember DCC is "Doubt Clive Cares". Any more talk of DCC and you will need to hide in your secret bunker.

I can still go Brummm Brum Brummm getting the gear changes in the right places. Any more talk of sound chips and you will need to hide in your secret bunker.

Map is a tour guide for one of the Cold War secret bunkers.

I am going to do a stock swap to the early part of my modelling time period this weekend so more steam locos and hauled coaches.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

They are not bog-carts, any more of that talk and you will need to hide in your secret bunker.

Remember DCC is "Doubt Clive Cares". Any more talk of DCC and you will need to hide in your secret bunker.

I can still go Brummm Brum Brummm getting the gear changes in the right places. Any more talk of sound chips and you will need to hide in your secret bunker.

I am going to do a stock swap to the early part of my modelling time period this weekend so more steam locos and hauled coaches.

A big thank you to Clive for the free publicity, if anyone would like a tour then pm me for our tour booking sheet...

(no profits are made, we just ask for a donation to charity, we pick a different 1 each year. This time it's the Samaritans)

37 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Apart from Heaton Lodge, how many layouts have been built in secret bunkers?

If I take the LGB with me next time and a lay circle on the floor will that count?...

Edited by Satan's Goldfish
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Still here nothing to report.

All RMwebbers are equal, just some are more equal than others.

I am trying to be helpful.

Hi Clive,

Isn't DCC for those types that do "Un-boxing Videos" ?

Gibbo.

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Clive,

Isn't DCC for those types that do "Un-boxing Videos" ?

Gibbo.

Hi Gibbo

Today's packaging is so complicated I find those videos helpful. I did consider doing some myself following the times when I have suddenly realised that I have the packaging in my hands and the loco has just made contact with my toe under the title of "Clive's new loco bounce test".

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

51 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Gibbo

Today's packaging is so complicated I find those videos helpful. I did consider doing some myself following the times when I have suddenly realised that I have the packaging in my hands and the loco has just made contact with my toe under the title of "Clive's new loco bounce test".

Hi Clive,

Why not wrap up one of your scratch built jobs and then video yourself describing all of the features that were not made in a Chinese factory as you take it out of an old shoe box, unwrapping it from yesterdays news.

You could even pretend that you are in the back bedroom of your mothers house !!!

Gibbo.

Edited by Gibbo675
Extra added nonsense.
  • Like 5
  • Funny 3

39 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Is the good ladsy Mrs M aware or worried about your infatuation with nubile Oriental females? Of course, she could be one for all I know!

Mike.

:offtopic:And you need to remember Mike, our Clive IS tone deaf as well.

I think the Girl hit a couple of right notes, just in the wrong order, that's all. haha:nono:

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

10 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I have been just you tubing the past hour or so.

Here is a band I really like.

As soon as the song began it immediately reminded me to The Cure - A Forest, one of my faves.

A. Banshee

Edited by bgman
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

The big stock change didn't happen tonight. I got distracted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umSt7oMUMcs

I saw some Mongolian metal yesterday. Guys rather than girls and a bit darker than your usual taste Clive but it still made me think of you for some reason. I found it impressive anyway, 2 string violin/cello thing and 4 string 'guitar', always interesting seeing different traditional instruments and vocal techniques from around the world being used creatively. 

Can't find it without subtitles now... and that's kinda ruined it for me, preferred not knowing what the words were...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

I saw some Mongolian metal yesterday. Guys rather than girls and a bit darker than your usual taste Clive but it still made me think of you for some reason. I found it impressive anyway, 2 string violin/cello thing and 4 string 'guitar', always interesting seeing different traditional instruments and vocal techniques from around the world being used creatively. 

Can't find it without subtitles now... and that's kinda ruined it for me, preferred not knowing what the words were...

There you go boarding everyone's horizons. They are not bad, and if I was meet them face to face I would be brave enough to say " Your very good". I don't think they would take to well to an argument and then not lose.

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

4 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

There you go boarding everyone's horizons. They are not bad, and if I was meet them face to face I would be brave enough to say " Your very good". I don't think they would take to well to an argument and then not lose.

If they knocked on the front door and asked to borrow a cup of sugar I'd just let them take the entire kitchen...

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5