Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Your people skills are impressive. Just how large do you think the population will be for the size of station - a few hundred?

Not too sure, I need to study photos and videos of terminus stations outside of London. I am not going down the route many seem to go , that loads of people on every platform evenly spaced. A couple of the platforms will have people waiting but they will be more densely spaced at the barrier end thinning out to about half way. One or two will have a crowd leaving having their tickets inspected. Otherwise railway staff going about their business avoiding the station master and work.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

And somewhere in that mix should be a model reflecting your picture, maybe even holding a DCC handset. You could also move him around to keep RMweb guessing as to where's Clive given the humour in the thread.

Again, back to the serious note, I like the thinking you stated about where are the groups of people on a station at anyone time and got me thinking the concourse is where most people are and the platform is only occupied for a short period. I have a think about how that would apply on my layout though I am still a way from letting the little people loose yet.

Very impressive clay work. Do you have to be fast with it? I do a bit of pottery and clay drying out as you work it means that it'd be just about impossible to make something like that from regular stoneware clay. Not that I could in any case.

• RMweb Gold

So how big is your opivisor now? I think with the aging eyesight these will be more blobby as you get older.

Please no, not him.

Or at least, if we have to have him, can we at least avoid Noel...

• RMweb Premium

Very impressive clay work. Do you have to be fast with it? I do a bit of pottery and clay drying out as you work it means that it'd be just about impossible to make something like that from regular stoneware clay. Not that I could in any case.

Hi Zomboid

Milliput has a working time of about 1 hour but the closer you get to the hour the harder it is to work. I have used Gamesworkshop green stuff but not to the same success, my eldest thinks it is better.

• RMweb Premium

Whoops I have seemed to done some modelling, just a few little bits on my Vi Trains 37s in making them suitable for the 1960s.

Modelling would be better for you mate, now if it was the Stones or Led Zep then it might be an excuse for no Modelling. :sungum:

I like Skating Polly.

• RMweb Premium

I’ve heard many euphemisms in my time, but that’s a new one on me... ;)

I hope you listen to the words of "Hollywood Factory"

The lines "We'll work for any creep, We're sucking our tummies in", are a big two fingers to the way some perverts in the entertainment industry treat young women. Kellie and Payton are two very clever young women.

Edited by Clive Mortimore

Not too sure, I need to study photos and videos of terminus stations outside of London. I am not going down the route many seem to go , that loads of people on every platform evenly spaced. A couple of the platforms will have people waiting but they will be more densely spaced at the barrier end thinning out to about half way. One or two will have a crowd leaving having their tickets inspected. Otherwise railway staff going about their business avoiding the station master and work.

great work Clive, yours is the perfect solution for my setting, there are not enough children for playground, gardens etc.as demanded by my grandchildren. 

I can't complain as one of them designed my playground layout herself. The few commercial figures around are either too modern, combined with parents or don't suit my situation. Must try to do one half way down the slide.

Colin

• RMweb Premium

I have been adding the buffer beam valances to a third Vi Trains class 37 and improving the split headcode boxes on the one with the Lima nose fronts. And at the same time I have been running trains.....how good is that. :imsohappy:

I had my BRCW class 104 3 car and Derby class 107 3 car running together, both converted from Hornby 110. I dug out my very old conversion of a class 110 to a Derby 108 (I know it isn't right) running the other way. the 108 was swapped for one of my Sutton Loco Works 24s, as it still has no couplings it ran light engine for a few turns. I gave my two Pressed Steel class 122s a run, coupled together. The Hornby one was pushed all the way round by the Lima one. I do like the motor that Hornby has developed for the old Lima DMUs as it has a slightly finer control but not the same oomph that the Lima motor has.They in turn were replaced by a Derby class 125 conversion from a Lima 117. The two three car units running on the outer circle were replaced by a 4 car Met-Cam unit. I remembered I had a spare centre car so it was added to a 3 car Limby unit so I now have a late batch 4 car unit.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

While I was searching for my box with loco buffers and other bits in it, I stumbled across my very old part made Trans Pennine unit, I am going to have a ago at getting it going.

The buffers are for my Vi-Trains Type 3s, they are coming on OK.

• Like 2