Agenoria WR 1366 Pannier for Pencarrow Bridge

2ManySpams

Yes, those are the overflows - they typically turn out somewhere the fireman can see them, under the steps is normal, and they occasionally dribble, cough, splutter and can make credible farting sounds.

Best

Simon

Edit A note to self - check if there is another page of posts before answering...

Edited by Simond

• RMweb Premium

Comparison of the tank support as supplied in the kit on the rhs and my modified version on the left...

post-6675-0-12930000-1472336330.jpg

Too many packing pieces on the original and a bit too narrow.

Mods included a fair bit of filing and some extra scrap etch being soldered on...

post-6675-0-62415400-1472336606.jpg

post-6675-0-74224600-1472336621.jpg

• Like 7

Nice one Chris, that's looking really good. Because it's such a tiny engine, each individual piece has a huge impact on the overall look and character of it, so an error which you really might not notice on a big pacific is magnified alarmingly on a tiddler like this.

Lots of work on your part, but well worthwhile!

John

• RMweb Premium

Cheers John.

Next up are the front sand boxes. The castings in the kit seem to be too tall. I may try getting the bast&rd file on them to see how that goes before making new ones.

I note the kit destructions show operating levers going down both sides of the footplate - one to each sandbox. From photos there appears to be a single rod going down the drivers side and some sort of linkage between the two...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

My understanding of GW practice accords with the photos. You can use the kit instructions for wiping your .... soldering iron.

Best

Simon

Having had a closer look at the real sandboxes it looks like fabricating the parts from scratch is the way ahead. Joy.

• RMweb Premium

For some inexplicable reason I didn't much feel like working on the 1366 today.

I had two abortive attempts at making a box shape for a new sandbox yesterday (before beer). It didn't go very well and the one that was OK I bu99ered up with the file. These two are on the mat in front of the loco below.

post-6675-0-75014800-1472491866_thumb.jpg

This afternoon I've felt slightly more focused and had a light bulb moment. Use some square box section, two bits side by side, and plate round it.

This worked nicely and can be seen on the front of the loco to the left of the wrong Agenoria casting.

• Like 5

Fewer, not less.

Fewer pubs, less drinking.

(Remember it more easily as fewer flowers, less flour.)

Andy will get the team doing anything, won't he? :)

But no worse than the amount of people eating a larger number of sugar.   AARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!

Your recent photos show a quite splendid piece of modelling. The prototype is not my cup of tea, although it has more charm than a 57xx (ducks quickly, wimpering) but what you are doing to sort it out is excellent. Leaving aside any reservations about kit quality you must have learnt a helluva lot about etched brass getting it to this state. I look forward to seeing it painted (and weathered?)

ATB

Chaz

• RMweb Premium

Thanks all for the continued support and encouragement, much appreciated.

It looks like there may now be a possibility of attending the Telford show on the way home on Sunday. I'm wondering about upgrading the front and rear Vac pipes and smokebox dart. I have also noticed that Premier Components do a set of frames for a 1366 and also the correct shape coupling rods. Is such a chassis rebuild too much? I am concerned about how flimsy (and wrong) the current chassis is though. What to do...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Your recent photos show a quite splendid piece of modelling. The prototype is not my cup of tea, although it has more charm than a 57xx (ducks quickly, wimpering) but what you are doing to sort it out is excellent. Leaving aside any reservations about kit quality you must have learnt a helluva lot about etched brass getting it to this state. I look forward to seeing it painted (and weathered?)

ATB

Chaz

Thanks Chaz, the 1366 isn't really my cup of tea either as a prototype but they were a very distinctive loco that ran in the last year's of steam in the area. The real thing does have a rugged beauty of a short, outside cylinder loco and, having poured over many photos, it has grown on me. The kit will never grow on me though!

Yes, I have to admit that my skills have come on no end after tackling various metal kits in the last few years. I realised that when coming back to this loco after a two year break. Quite pleasing really to gain a new skill set. I still consider myself a novice though, particularly compared to many on this forum that can turn out a beautiful loco in a week or so. This does have to fit in with my day job though, and home life...and with this kit in particular I really do have to be in the right mood to work on it.

• RMweb Premium

Sometimes the light bulb moment is late arriving. But when it comes you think to yourself why am I so stupid not to think of it earlier.

The loco is coming along great.

I have lots of those stupid moments...

• RMweb Gold

Thanks all for the continued support and encouragement, much appreciated.

It looks like there may now be a possibility of attending the Telford show on the way home on Sunday. I'm wondering about upgrading the front and rear Vac pipes and smokebox dart. I have also noticed that Premier Components do a set of frames for a 1366 and also the correct shape coupling rods. Is such a chassis rebuild too much? I am concerned about how flimsy (and wrong) the current chassis is though. What to do...

How long is your shopping list young Sir ?