Agenoria WR 1366 Pannier for Pencarrow Bridge

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

I was intending having the cab roof removable but my usual sliding / locking method was out as the joins are curved. The fit was also poor, partly my fault from the first attempt to fit it a year or so ago. So it's now permanently fitted and I have a cunning plan to make the cab structure removable.

• Like 3

I was intending having the cab roof removable but my usual sliding / locking method was out as the joins are curved. The fit was also poor, partly my fault from the first attempt to fit it a year or so ago. So it's now permanently fitted and I have a cunning plan to make the cab structure removable.

Not the first to do it that way.

• RMweb Gold

I doubt there's a first in anything I'm doing, perhaps the amount of swearing involved might be a first though...

I suspect most others would have given up by now. Is it admirable perseverance, pure masochism or bl00dy obstinacy. Whichever it is fascinating and I cannot hear you swearing from here. I think you have to keep going now.

Don 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Having considered the issue of the half etched line on the cab front and the prospect of throwing yet another part in the scrap pile, I was pleased to find that the line is in fact covered by a L shaped filet between tank top and cab front. Just in case I've put some filler in the line, Halfords best car body filler and have sanded it flat. I'm not sure how much more rebuilding from scratch I can face with this kit. Certainly the small issue of the tank and cab being too narrow will just have to be ignored. That would be a start again from scratch.

• Like 4

For the cab plate it's quite difficult - often there is some angled beading around the tank and cab plate will this not hide the half etch line?

I was pleased to find that the line is in fact covered by a L shaped filet between tank top and cab front.

:sungum:  :boast:  :drag:

• RMweb Premium

Glad to see you are still willing to do battle with this loco, I doudt many of us will notice the cab is a tad narrow, when it is running, as long as it looks the part.

Will be less noticeable as it will be painted black all over when finished.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Glad to see you are still willing to do battle with this loco, I doudt many of us will notice the cab is a tad narrow, when it is running, as long as it looks the part.

Absolutely and I'm particularly pleased he's persevered with 1368 and look forward to seeing her on Pencarrow.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I think it quite likely that some contributors to this thread will (threaten to) loudly point out the error once you exhibit the layout...

Your dedication to this is seriously inspiring.

He'll certainly find out whose been following this thread, when some gob sh$te opens their mouth at a show.

• RMweb Premium

He'll certainly find out whose been following this thread, when some gob sh$te opens their mouth at a show.

I've thought of that...it's a home layout not a show layout. ROAR as the old concert posters used to say ,-p

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

So we don't get the chance to see this masterpiece then, except in photo's.

At my snails pace progress, the layout will be some years off yet. Would be good to get the 1366 in primer this year though. I've taken it and bits of Pencarrow to various shows and meets as part of a few "show and tells". Delivering BCB to a tight deadline took the joy (but not the accomplishment) out of the hobby for me. Pencarrow is designed as a solo project to bring the enjoyment back.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

And this engine is part of the enjoyment? :)

I agree: deadlines are endemic at work, so I don't want too many in my hobby.

No, it's not part of the enjoyment, but it needs doing so I can move on. I've said before it's like a stone in my shoe. Looking forward to the achievement of completing it though.

I fancy finishing the boards next and some track laying.

• Like 1

Totally agree with the above comments, being under pressure with your modelling creates a chore rather than an enjoyment.

I admire your persevearence with the 13xx as it looks to try the patience of a saint. But I'd have to try and conquer it as well before ejecting it through the nearest window.

Well done, great modelling.

Jinty ;)