The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Currently Drinking...

Indomitable026

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, rockershovel said:

Bud Light, I’m afraid. Still on sale at £2 for four bottles in our local Coop and in the heat lately, I don’t find that beer tastes of anything.. perhaps that’s why most American beer is so nondescript? 

If you cross the pond you'll find that both the Canadians and the Yanks can brew some very good beer, but most of them are 5% and more and they are quite pricey starting at $6+ and don't forget the tip. I didn't see any of the wishy washy stuff on sale at any of the bars I visited. It's the same with European lagers are nothing like the frozen to death stuff you get here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

If you cross the pond you'll find that both the Canadians and the Yanks can brew some very good beer, but most of them are 5% and more and they are quite pricey starting at $6+ and don't forget the tip. I didn't see any of the wishy washy stuff on sale at any of the bars I visited. It's the same with European lagers are nothing like the frozen to death stuff you get here.

No 2 Son is something of an aficionado of European lager. I quite like it when it's hot out, but I also like cider, so that's what I generally buy in summer. That or a "golden ale" 

Wintertime, I don't drink lager. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 18/08/2019 at 17:32, SVRlad said:

That's because you were drinking the draught version, which is brewed at Rock - the bottled version is brewed under licence at Burton on Trent.

I’m not sure I ever stopped in Rock itself, but nearby Daymer Bay was a regular beach venue 60 years ago. 

Times change. When I was first drinking draught bitter there were brews that struggled to get a mile from the brewery without suffering. Rock to Newcastle is a little further. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Life's good when you find a stash of beer you'd forgotten you had!
I picked up a box of assorted ales from a shop in Lynmouth in 2017. Was going to give them as Xmas presents, but forgot about them, and they've been hidden in the back of the wardrobe for 2 years! They're out of date now, so I'm going to drink them myself :P

IMG_20190901_215442~2.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Bogof update this week, last night's brew first:-

1020193929_IMG_20190907_2246522.jpg.cac5e8b4d93d5c94bf2788e0886aa312.jpg

Surfer Rosa, from Madrigal Brewery, Lynmouth. A lively little number, despite being 18 months out of date! Tasty and aromatic too, though a little too like an IPA for my liking.

Next up is tonight's beverage:-

1531250640_IMG_20190908_2216192.jpg.7f3f03e398abc2705367aca5b2ebb69b.jpg

Hunter's Full Bore, from Ipplepen, Devon. Contains Boudicea hops, which I've never heard of. Nice, full bodied, rounded, warming, reminiscent of a winter warmer. Right up my street!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, SVRlad said:

That's a lot of head on both beers....

Yes, both have been stored at the back of the wardrobe for 2 years. I wonder whether being 18 months out of date means a bit of extra fermentation has happened?

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got back from Wakefield show (very good, and bought a 4 Road north light shed on the bring and buy stand), so relaxing with a pint of Flack Catcher from Flack Manor brewery. Hampshire brew, but drinking in my second home of Yorkshire.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, 43110andyb said:

A poor game tonight with a 2-4 defeat! Cheering the mood the post match beer is another offering from the Hadrian Border Brewery- Tyneside Brown 4.7% a full bodied northern ale!

59855604-F004-4B29-8791-A277DC7B7795.jpeg

Thank god, a decent Brown Ale. I nearly lost the will to live after Sonnet 43 discontinued theirs. No demand they said...

They still have the recipe, and when I win the lottery i'm ordering a 1000 pints. To start off with...

Mike

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Not 'currently' but last Saturday in the Spoons in Redditch, after a hectic day of Warley and 'Cats'. 

Also tried Abbot Ale recently - nice but to me it tastes practically the same as Doombar. 

I'm expecting an uproar by all the residents of Rock and fans of the village's main produce.... :D

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On 17/11/2019 at 15:33, leopardml2341 said:

:offtopic:

At least in so far as it's not beer!

Generic lemsip for me.....

On 18/11/2019 at 10:12, AndrewC said:

Snap. Blackcurrent Boots brand Lemsip. 

I add cooking Scotch to generic lemsip and rum to the blackcurrant flavour and if I have a sore throat with it, a spoonful of honey.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1