• RMweb Gold

Oh that doesn't sound good.  Couldn't you have used the modelu ones? might save a little stress?

Thanks Mike I could of gone down the wills route but I was trying to save a few penny's etc, they're just do fiddly, the ones I've fitted already are ready made out of white metal, they are far easier to use but since I need to relay them I thought I'd give these a go.

The reason for relaying is that I don't think they look realistic enough, fare enough once th last two rods are fitted and it's all weathered it old look ok but at the moment they're a bit wonky

0BA11C2C-462B-49ED-B9C5-869E329022F7_zps

E5E391FD-F136-460D-B567-15D7077F2E8A_zps

Thoughts on the wonkiness would be much appreciated fellas.

Cheers

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Ouch! Sorry to hear that fella

Speaking with my scientific head on stools come from @/$e any way...

Phil

Pity there not made out off brass :D although that could be painful :O

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Mike I could of gone down the wills route but I was trying to save a few penny's etc, they're just do fiddly, the ones I've fitted already are ready made out of white metal, they are far easier to use but since I need to relay them I thought I'd give these a go.

The reason for relaying is that I don't think they look realistic enough, fare enough once th last two rods are fitted and it's all weathered it old look ok but at the moment they're a bit wonky

0BA11C2C-462B-49ED-B9C5-869E329022F7_zps

E5E391FD-F136-460D-B567-15D7077F2E8A_zps

Thoughts on the wonkiness would be much appreciated fellas.

Cheers

Tricky stuff point rodding fella! And you have set such a high standard to live up to with your track

Don't let it destroy your sanity or modelling mojo....

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock

Hi Paul,

Try MSE, they do stools and nickel silver flat section rodding in 7mm, and I'm pretty sure they do it in 4mm as well.

Walk away, count to 10, by that time you're at the fridge, open door, grab beer, sit down and watch that sh*#e they call TV for a bit!!!

Jinty ;)

Edited to say:   THEY DO!!!!!!!!!          Website:  http://www.wizardmodels.co.uk/FrameSetShop.php?DM=wizabout

Stools    Item Number LS005

0.4mm Flat Rodding bar in Nickel Silver    Item Number: LS006/2

Edited by Jintyman

• RMweb Gold

Thanks fellas much appreciated :)

Phil thanks for another huge compliment I'll make sure I just about keep my sanity (wait did I ever have any?? :O )

Andy the rodding is just 0.4 square wire I think the main reason it's wonky is the fact I didn't align the stools correctly so it's my own fault, I did rush it as I like to just dive straight in.

Cheers Jinty they're the ones I've used originally, the 7mm ones are far more detailed but the 4mm are good I just thought I'd give the brass ones a go, the fridge has been opened so chilling watching motd, our Charlies here so he relieves all stress to, he's in bed now but early start in the morning, Daisie dog has been entered into 'Bark in the Park' Liverpools dog competition so I'll let you all know how she gets on tomorrow night :)

Thanks again

Edited by PjKing1

Good Luck Daisie. :)

Now, about the wire:

Hold one end in a vice, the other with pliers and gently stretch (and relax :) ). Thus will straighten the wire, but be careful not to bend it again as you can usually only get away with one stretch, the stretch work hardens the wire and does make it slightly stiffer.

My suggestion would be stretch and fit 'one piece at a time' to quote a song lyric.

Good luck.

ps what does bark in the park entail, if there's any form of discipline involved, my Bingley might not fare too well, strong willed JR that he is. I sometimes think his responses to my commands are purely coincidence.

Edited by leopardml2341

• RMweb Premium

Paul, will the point rodding take any stretching? If so it will make it straight and (it looks like metal) make the metal slightly harder and keep its straight.

Edit: very slight pull clearly

Hold one end in a vice, the other with pliers and gently stretch (and relax :) ). Thus will straighten the wire, but be careful not to bend it again as you can usually only get away with one stretch, the stretch work hardens the wire and does make it slightly stiffer.

Deja vu

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks once again fellas I'll give the stretching a go tomorrow :) I really do appreciate all the help :)

As for 'Bark in the Park' no disapline in Daisie' categories she's be useless and just run off, she's entered into wagiest tail, loveliest eyes and cutest puppy under 2, you can tell the Mrs chose the categories :/

Thanks again everyone

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

SO how did Bark in the Park go?Phil

Don't ask all a fix!!!!!! But I am biased :( it was a very wet an freezing day.....

But just found out we got onto the Liverpool Echo official pics

E5534607-9E63-4C0C-82FC-4B7362BC255E_zps

I'm made up

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Round two with the brass point rodding seen me win 9-1 with only one getting launched so things are getting better, I'll try and get the remaining ten done before the weekend, then I'll get them painted and hopefully have a go at relaying the rodding, hopefully straighter this time ;)

Cheers

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oooops, a thousand appologies are on their way...

Trains please.................... :pardon:

Ha ha no worries, he actually snapped the Dalmatians neck in the making of this photo!! Well broke the Mrs's brolly stabbing the grass ;)

Cheers

• RMweb Gold

been a busy day in the modelling room, unfortunately not modelling though, as there is only ten weeks to go till the little one arrives it was time to tidy up and sort stuff into boxes, most of the stuff I don't really use will go in the loft and the rest will be stored in and on top of my wardrobe in our Charlie's room.  Then ELJ's home will become a nursery, what i did realise today was how many locos I need to convert to EM quite scary really.  On a positive point at least when the two rooms are decorated I can do some modelling without that look :)

Cheers

• Like 1