Kernow Model Rail Centre announcement 15/8

Paul.Uni

Welcome indeed but I am assuming it is in 00.

I really wish they would shrink some of their commissions to N gauge. I would be up for a D600, an O2 and maybe even a Well tank. The problem with the 00 commissions is that it reduces the liklihood of an N gauge one ever being available. Bachmann won't touch bother if there is an existing 00 model so that rules out a Farish loco. We have a long waiting list from Dapol already so I can't see them coming from that direction either. :(

• RMweb Gold

Welcome indeed but I am assuming it is in 00. I really wish they would shrink some of their commissions to N gauge. I would be up for a D600, an O2 and maybe even a Well tank. The problem with the 00 commissions is that it reduces the liklihood of an N gauge one ever being available. Bachmann won't touch bother if there is an existing 00 model so that rules out a Farish loco. We have a long waiting list from Dapol already so I can't see them coming from that direction either. :(

I understand the frustration. But a number of Kernow commissions are now via DJM Models, and he's hardly got into his stride yet, nor will he do so until a few models are actually being sold, no doubt, enabling him to invest further. Once he reaches that stage, N gauge may become more feasible for him to essay.

• RMweb Gold

Three guesses

1.....0-6-0 ST 1361 class

2.....0-6-0 PT 1500 class

3.....0-6-0 PT 9400 class.

Had the same thoughts myself but have discounted the 94xx (inside cylinders) and the 15xx (single rather than twin slide rods)

A 1361 to the same standard as the Beattie tank would be hard to resist

Well we know from the CAD they released a couple of weeks ago on Facebook, of the underside of a model in development, that there is a brake van being developed for Kernow by DJ Models, and from what we could see of an oblique angle of one side, a couple of us believe its an LSWR road van brake van, and that they would announce it in a couple of weeks, so is this the model? I don't know how the plate instructions fit in?

• RMweb Premium

The problem with the 00 commissions is that it reduces the liklihood of an N gauge one ever being available. Bachmann won't touch bother if there is an existing 00 model so that rules out a Farish loco. We have a long waiting list from Dapol already so I can't see them coming from that direction either. :(

A OO commission may reduce the chances of a N Gauge equivalent but it doesn't rule it out. Bachmann did the class 14 in N after Hattons/Heljan did it in OO Gauge. Similarly the OO Gauge Snowplough done by Flangeway/Dapol was reduced in size for the N Gauge Society version whilst the NGS Stove R and Inspection saloon went the over way. I'm guessing it depends on the small print and if the research/CAD can be re-used as the basis for a model in other scales.

Happy modelling.

Steven B.

• RMweb Gold

As the 1361 and 1366 classes were essentially the same in the wobbly bits dept wonder if its a tie in with Heljan to do a 1361. Find out tomorrow won't I.......

Stu

I seem to remember talk of another company working on the same engines? Perhaps they continued with development?

Archived