Diesel Hydraulic Era O Gauge Garden Railway (Steve Beattie Class 22)

Indeed Rob  :locomotive:  & from the same base model by the look of it  :good:

Where have you sourced your headboard clips from ?  :scratchhead:

Im still none the wiser as to the kit/body's origins.....  :help:

Today I have been mainly swearing at lifting hooks  :wild: & attending to other details mainly on the roof   :D

attachicon.gif1-20170824_205156.jpg

Mind you I'm sure I will have plenty more to swear about when I tackle the contents of the box it's stood on!!  :scared:  

Ahhh, yes well, I sold mine, I bottled out, too many kits and not enough fettling time and these days I have to look for the route of least resistance! :help:  :smoke:  :fool:

ATVB

CME

Wherefore is such splendour available to us mere mortals?  The ghost grey Western and Warship are veryWell alluring!

Well, good Dr.,

Therein lies the rub. Theyre as rare as hens teeth and unless one is initiated into the ancient craft of injection moulded loco wrangling, it aint easy! Im sworn to secrecy too, so if I tell you, I will either have to set the phantom raspberry blower onto you, or else I shall be black-balled.

Kindest,

CME

Now in a very unusual livery ...

attachicon.gif20170826_202102.jpg

Hi Phill,

Are you preparing to pre-shade the livery application or are you using the black to helpwith flattening the paint etc?  

worse than the Spanish Inquisition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nyE1DFNmfY

Hi,

Sorry, I came by mine by a sheer fluke.....cant speak for Phill and Rob....

Atvb

CME

• Like 1

Today I have been mainly swearing at lifting hooks  :wild: ......

Mind you I'm sure I will have plenty more to swear about when I tackle the contents of the box it's stood on!!  :scared:

Did it help? Which words were most effective? :jester:

Glad to see the One True Colour for British Diesels being adhered to. :yes: ;) (& quite appropriate, I suppose, after all that language!! :D )

• Like 1

Hi Phill,

Are you preparing to pre-shade the livery application or are you using the black to helpwith flattening the paint etc?  Hi,

Atvb

CME

You are right with the first guess CME, I am indeed going to experiment with pre-shading.........not a clue how it will turn out though  :scratchhead:  :senile:

• RMweb Premium

I have come to a decision as to which Western this one will be ....modeled complete with cab accident damage as she was 1975/76 ....

attachicon.gif20170826_153019.jpg

Phill - Very brave (and refreshing) to see damage modelled - like it. Are we normally guilty of seeking perfection to avoid wear and damage being mistaken for poor modelling?

Looking forward to seeing how the preshading goes Phill, Ive used it from time to time, it can be a great effect.

Accident damage? Ive modelled such on wagons etc. Its a tricky one though, its like modelling ripples in a diesels flanks on a ships hull....those are best avoided as it can just look like poor modelling. Im sure you will do a great job Phill.

ATVB

CME

Hi Phill, Just catching up. The GUV is coming on really well, I am likeing the Western too not seen pre shading before so will follow with interest. Thought you had more than 3 westerns though. Did you sell one?

Cheers Peter.