RMweb

Bachmann's Latest Collectors Club Model

Guest spet0114

Well with the 50th Anniversary of the End of Southern Steam this weekend, I thought a little themed running session was in order with the new addition. All sound recording are from my various railway visit, so the same (or similar) class.

Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gicQ9UlVJ4Y

Edited by SDJR7F88

• RMweb Premium

I am just wondering how easy it would be to remove the chalk markings and touch up the weathering on this one?  I would like one but the chalk markings put me off!

• RMweb Premium

I am just wondering how easy it would be to remove the chalk markings and touch up the weathering on this one? I would like one but the chalk markings put me off!

Buy one that doesn't have the chalk markings then. Leave these for someone else that wants one in this great looking condition.

Can any members remember what was said about a golden key ring ?

It was in the last club mag I believe.

I've got a key ring in with the new wagon, but I don't know if everyone gets one or if it's the golden wonka card or something....

• RMweb Premium

I've got a key ring in with the new wagon, but I don't know if everyone gets one or if it's the golden wonka card or something....

Everyone's getting a key ring this year to celebrate the clubs 20th anniversary.

• RMweb Gold

Everyone's getting a key ring this year to celebrate the clubs 20th anniversary.

Yeah but 20 years ago you'd get 3 golden keyrings for what it costs for one today, grumble, moan, price increases etc etc!

(Tounge firmly in cheek)

Edited by big jim

Yeah but 20 years ago you'd get 3 golden keyrings for what it costs for one today, grumble, moan, price increases etc etc!

(Tounge firmly in cheek)

Sadly wasn't a member 20 years ago and was just woundering in 20 years has the price went up that much I've been a member since 2002 and I think then it was only £19 for what was then the full package 4 mag's a catalogue and a member ship card and a wagon 00 gauge only if my memory is correct and I know you where trying to be funny but is the price bad for what you get I am just asking as I'm sure there are people looking on this forum that ain't a member and are woundering if it's good value or not I'd say yes it's worth it for me as I've enjoyed the wagons and have always enjoyed reading something in the magazine any way sorry for the bit of a rant am just interested to hear how people view the club good or bad

Thanks

Alan

• RMweb Gold

Well I'm a member now and am more than happy for what I get for the money through the year, (I only joined for the first time late last year)

Looking forward to seeing/getting the next wagon

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Sadly wasn't a member 20 years ago and was just woundering in 20 years has the price went up that much I've been a member since 2002 and I think then it was only £19 for what was then the full package 4 mag's a catalogue and a member ship card and a wagon 00 gauge only if my memory is correct and I know you where trying to be funny but is the price bad for what you get I am just asking as I'm sure there are people looking on this forum that ain't a member and are woundering if it's good value or not I'd say yes it's worth it for me as I've enjoyed the wagons and have always enjoyed reading something in the magazine any way sorry for the bit of a rant am just interested to hear how people view the club good or bad

Thanks

Alan

I'm a member of Hornby, Dapol and Bachmann clubs...by far and away Bachmann is the best of the three, it's the only one I will renew next year, it gives a wagon, frequent predictable magazines with decent content and exclusive updates, they have a strong "on the road" presence and the club has quarterly exclusive models, by comparison Hornby has no club models, no members days and a very ad hoc magazine of limited value, it gives a voucher off in stock models which if combined with the 10% off RRP from their website means you could benefit from a single average priced purchase in a year at a price that will end up being comparable to the high street.

In short.. imho only the Bachmann club is worthwhile.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium

I'm a member of Hornby, Dapol and Bachmann clubs...

In short.. imho only the Bachmann club is worthwhile.

Thanks for this. Could I ask what you get for the Dapol club and whether you find it useful?. I visited their factory shop for the first time on Thursday, but only had 5 minutes as they were about to close. It looked a little treasure trove though.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for this. Could I ask what you get for the Dapol club and whether you find it useful?. I visited their factory shop for the first time on Thursday, but only had 5 minutes as they were about to close. It looked a little treasure trove though.

If your into N or O gauge the Dapol club is pretty good.

It's not got much for the OO modeller, I really joined to get the special edition 73, which was cheaper than the high street versions, so the club membership is kind of subsided, so to that end it was worth it, the value add then is the newsletters.

There's nothing in it for me to continue into 2018, so I'd let it lapse, but would rejoin if something was attractive.

Hi Guys

Thanks for your feedback not only am I glad Bachmann are getting positive feed back plus the fact as a long standing member and custemer it's seems like the club is going to be in safe hands for a few more years to come yet and I'm glade your all happy with it as well

Thanks

Alan

• 1 month later...

Not long 'till September - any guesses as to the next club model? My guess - a Coal Tank.

I would doubt that because the Coal Tank has already emerged in pre-grouping livery in the standard range. If it were to be pre-grouping and it were to be a steam locomotive, my guess would be a Midland 1F. My guesses are never right, though.

• RMweb Premium

It'll be whatever has recently been in production. The model is usually a variant of that . Suggest looking at the latest Bachmann incoming thread for a clue , baring in mind it might be a wagon or a coach.

I would have wondered if it'd be a Class 37 as there are some catalogue models due out early in the new year, but there have been quite a few diesel/electric collectors club models recently that haven't always sold well so it might well be steam

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys

I must admit I have been asking for a while for the club to do some brake vans in the big 4 liverys to go with the wagons that come with the membership however I am guessing I am the only one that's saying this

Thanks

Alan

In the same vein,how about some pre-grouping wagons and brake vans ?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Guys

I must admit I have been asking for a while for the club to do some brake vans in the big 4 liverys to go with the wagons that come with the membership however I am guessing I am the only one that's saying this

Thanks

Alan

But what have you in mind?

Hornby and Bachmann produce a GWR Toad brake van and they have appeared in GWR liveries.

Bachmann produces the SR Queen Mary and Pill Box brake vans and they have appeared in SR liveries.

Bachmann and Hornby produce the LNER version of what became the BR Standard brake van. This has appeared in LNER liveries.

Bachmann and Hornby produce the Midland 20T brake van which have appeared in MR and LMS liveries.

Kernow MRC has commissioned a LSWR 10T brake van.

That's not a bad lot for the Big Four and should provide most people with a suitable brake van to run with the Bachmann Club models.