The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Paddington bear PG

C.A.T.Ford

• RMweb Gold

there was a funny quip on the news quiz a few months back that started....

"the news that hugh bonneville was going to pull out of paddington bear........"

by which point the audience had jumped one step ahead and were laughing in a childish manner which prompted sandy toksvig to break down in laughter too and could barely finish the joke, finally delivering the punchline

"......,,.,has prompted the bbfc to rethink their PG rating for the film"

• RMweb Gold

Seriously? This country has gone completely bonkers. Chuck in things like this http://www.theguardian.com/science/video/2014/nov/14/rosetta-scientist-matt-taylor-breaks-down-apology-offensive-shirt-video

This is the guy that landed a machine on a comet for crying out loud, but it's his dress sense which has grabbed the headlines.

Well, let's just say it winds me up. How did people of my generation, allowed to make our own minds up, fall out of trees, go out of sight of our parents, etc.,etc., survive?

Edit...waiting for someone to pick up on my use of the word 'bonkers' in commenting on supposed sexual connotations....

Drifting slightly, there is a book entitled 'A Bear Called Euston - The Evil Twin' which if assessed using the same criteria would probably merit an '18' rating - but it is IMO Very Funny.

Usual internet book retailer search will give you a sample read.

Either a clever ploy or the world has gone completely mad. The fact that females popping out of their dresses appears to make headlines on the Web is obviously of no consequence whatsoever, despite the fact that children may be corrupted by seeing sights that they shouldn't (being sarcastic).

Dennis

Surprised that Paddington didn't get a warning for poor food storage practices - marmalade sandwiches under hat.

Anyway, they've revised the warning to "innuendo" now (must have been reading this thread):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30105052

After an approach from the film's distributor the BBFC altered the term "mild sex references" to "innuendo".

I believe in early drafts, Paddington went "postal" when Mr. Curry called him "Bear!" once too often.

"Yipee Kai-aye, Melon Farmer!" screamed Paddington emptying the magazine of his smoking AK-47 into the ceiling of number 32 Windsor Gardens, he crouched briefly to "tea-bag" the still twitching body of his erstwhile neighbour before reloading and exiting purposefully in the direction of Portobello Road Market.

• RMweb Gold

he crouched briefly to "tea-bag" the still twitching body of his erstwhile neighbour.

That one sentence has just made my night, i've been feeling really fed up this evening but reading that has left me laughing to myself like a nutjob on the train to wolverhampton!!

(i dont think you can really appreciate just how much that has cheered me up after a rubbish couple of weeks)

Archived