The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Paddington bear PG

C.A.T.Ford

...sorry, what does 'tea bag' mean? (Yes, honestly....I don't know.....)

P

It's the practice of using a bulldozer and a cable to lower a second bulldozer down a slope which it could not otherwise safely negotiate.

Yes, really.

Probably not in this context though ;).

• RMweb Premium

Well now that I have looked at the 'meaning', I'm actually offended by that 'quotation'. I don't think we need that sort of thing written on here. OK so I might need to get a life but this is a light hearted discussion isn't it?

P

Edit (after Brandy). Ignore, I'm just not modern.

Listening to the Simon Mayo show with Hugh Bonneville on the PG rating came up and there appears to be a few things that mean it is not a U.  One was where Paddington hides in a fridge - The kind of behaviour if mimicked by a small child that could have tragic consequences.  

Listening to the Simon Mayo show with Hugh Bonneville on the PG rating came up and there appears to be a few things that mean it is not a U.  One was where Paddington hides in a fridge - The kind of behaviour if mimicked by a small child that could have tragic consequences.  

Got to say I think it's a bit odd to write that kind of scene in then, on a film presumably aimed at least partly at a child audience?

• RMweb Gold

the PG rating decision on the film has been knocking about for ages, as i put on the first page i first heard it mentioned a good 3-4 months ago at least on the R4 news quiz, the film release is imminent (ie this coming weekend iirc) and all this discussion on newspaper coverage is merely added pubiliciy for the film, the way i see it the "outrage" has been planned to be broken by the media this particular week by the studio for a long time

i for one cant wait for the film to come out, it does look very good and "paddy bear" was my childhood hero!

Err, I should point out that I was using the term "tea bag" in the way used in First Person Shooter games (eg Call Of Duty), when a player has "fragged" his opponent he may take a moment to crouch over the virtual corpse and move forward and back, thus "tea-bagging" to gloat over the kill.

Sorry for any misunderstanding! :pardon:

• RMweb Premium

...sorry, what does 'tea bag' mean? (Yes, honestly....I don't know.....)

P

To crouch over a victim in a multiplayer game to humiliate them. Like you are going to go to toilet on them

usually the circle button but in my favourite multiplayer game the move button

Oh boy..!! :scratchhead:

My all-time favourite bit of any Paddington story - cracked me up as a 5-yr old and still does- is when Paddington is 'helping' Mr Curry put up a new fence. Paddington is holding a big hammer. Mr Curry holds a fencepost in place and says to Paddington "When I nod my head, hit it".

The actual act wasn't described in the book, but the descriptive writing about Mr Curry's reaction was just superb, & left you in no doubt as to what Paddington had hit...

No doubt they won't include that now as it might encourage extreme violence with hammers in 5-yr old children.... :nono: :beee:

• RMweb Gold

I saw the "violence" in the trailer. It was a threat of violence rather than an act of violence. So if anyone wants to know whether their child is going to be traumatised by a threat to stuff Paddington they only need to watch the trailer!

That looks like it's true to the original Michael Bond(?) Paddington, who, in illustrations, was never duffel-coated or bewellied but did, on occasion, wear a hat. Something which was instantly forgotten when TV Paddington burst upon the scene in the mid-70s.

If so, I'm rather pleased that pre-TV Paddington may be in for something of a renaissance.

Alledgedly the "TV Paddington" got wellies so the model could stand up unsupported.

Got tickets booked for tomorow night at the Pictures; I reckon I'll be laughing more than my lad. :lol:

Having seen the dire trailer just before The Imitation Game last week - good luck !!

I hope it really isn't the waste of money it looks to be.........

Archived