Kernow 117 3 car DMU

DJM Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Any news on this project? The webpage on the Kernow site I had saved is now 404 not found and I can't find it elsewhere on the site. Hope the project hasn't been cancelled.

I can't find it either. I hope they haven't cancelled it I just sold an old Lima one (which had had the conversion to create the DMS) to make way for it....

Hi Guys

It might be me but I cannot find it on the Kernow website or the DJ Models website.

I think I will continue (at my normal snail pace) converting a Lima 117 into a Lea Valley set.

Hi guys,

Just double checked and the DJModels website is fine and no problems with it for around 4 months. Www.djmodels.co.uk

As for the 117, work continues, but not at the fast pace of the D600 and GWR tank (at the moment).

No doubt as work concludes on these 2 the work on the 117 ( and others) will speed up.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave

Why does your website search engine say

"Nothing Found

Sorry, but nothing matched your search criteria. Please try again with some different keywords."

When I typed in Class 117 DMU five minutes ago?

post-16423-0-88734000-1428827929_thumb.jpg

Edited by Clive Mortimore

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Kernow MRC has recently reworked their website and this page might have been one of those temporarily lost in cyberspace.

With the O2 about to become a commercial reality - as those who have seen the painted samples will realise - and numerous other large projects already well-known and well advanced it is no surprise that there has been no further word on this project of late.

I suggest patience and subscribing to their newsletter, Facebook or Twitter feeds as an alternative to emailed or telephoned enquiries as any news will be shown there first.

• 3 months later...

Much chattering about a 125 unit here...so, chaps, out with the saw for the usual cut and shut like we did with our LIMA units (that we just sold...), OR wait for the 'clever use of slides' (Kernow site) and 'crowdfund' the correct pattern trailer?? (Or the whole lot?)

It's all gone rather quiet otherwise... can't see a page for the 117 on the Kernow site either.

You can't get the 117 page from the top 'Limited Edition' selection bar on Kernow's site, but drop down to the bottom right on the 'Home' page, where there is another selection box for the limited editions, fronted by the image of a sample D600 cab. Click on 'Click here for more' and on that page drop down past the Road Van Cad/Cams to a list of other models and select the 'DJ Models WR Suburban DMU' the penultimate option. That will open the original spec for the models, but there hasn't been an update on prices and liveries yet.

• 2 weeks later...