Muddy's dithering "journey" into O Gauge - help please GWR vs Southern decision

muddys-blues

"So the message to Shaun at EasyBuild is start on with this as a new project as I would rather like some Met cam Pullmans!"

Paul R

And whilst your at that Shawn, a 101, 103 and a 104 please, like I said, I am not too strict on my stock for the region, just an excuse to run my favourite classes of Bog Carts that will look damn fine in 7mm.

• Like 1

Guest 40-something

Watching this thread closely Craig!

My 7mm endeavours are starting slowly, I have all the wood and track for my new layout, a couple of loco's and some wagon kits.  God its big compared to 4mm!!!

Still clearing out my 4mm stuff too which is going quite well and raising much needed funds for this O gauge malarky!

• Like 1

"So the message to Shaun at EasyBuild is start on with this as a new project as I would rather like some Met cam Pullmans!"

Hi Paul.

I'm pretty sure that Westdale do a kit (or kits) for Pullmans.

This thread refers to them, though it is from 2009:  http://rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36134

Rod

Rod

Yes you are right. I will need to look into - birthday is in May!

Wife.........................

• Like 1

HEY HEY HEY ..... STOP THIS RIGHT NOW, turning my beloved 7mm thread into an Easybuild wish list !!!! :nono:

PSST Shaun ... any chance of a TP 123 or 124, I am sure there is a pic somewhere showing one in the Welsh Marches. :O

Edited by muddys-blues

All good Craig - went to Tower Models at Bl*ckp@@L a while back - liked the look of the Helly stuff especially the Blue Jock 26 in particular and nearly went for it - the threat of divorce was the main stumbling block.

Ian

Edited by Crisis Rail
  • Like 1

All good Craig - went to Tower Models at Bl*ckp@@L a while back - liked the look of the Helly stuff especially the Blue Jock 26 in particular and nearly went for it - the threat of divorce was the main stumbling block.

Ian

Go on Ian go for it, if you do get divorced, remember Trains never moan or give you a list of chores to do  :tomato:

Happy modelling

Craig.

• Like 1

Ian

Go on Ian go for it, if you do get divorced, remember Trains never moan or give you a list of chores to do  :tomato:

Happy modelling

Craig.

Interesting......

Perhaps I don't realise how lucky I am? SWMBO actually encouraged me to buy a Heljan Deltic sometime ago - even though she knows all my other models are 'Hornby' {sic}.

Edit for carp spelling

Edited by leopardml2341

HEY HEY HEY ..... STOP THIS RIGHT NOW, turning my beloved 7mm thread into an Easybuild wish list !!!! :nono:

PSST Shaun ... any chance of a TP 123 or 124, I am sure there is a pic somewhere showing one in the Welsh Marches. :O

The Western ones also worked Bristol Portsmouth too.

That means Rod can justify one on West Kirby Town

Ha Ha!

Long live the bog cart!

Paul R

• Like 1

Any track plans Craig? - if this is going to be external what buildings and such like will you be constructing? - RTR coming through slowly a platelayers and thats it unless I am wrong (and usually am) Tower said the skill of 0 Gauge is that there isn't much RTR available and definitely more of a challenge and more to do.

Ian

......1001 posts - yet more drivel :D

Any track plans Craig? - if this is going to be external what buildings and such like will you be constructing? - RTR coming through slowly a platelayers and thats it unless I am wrong (and usually am) Tower said the skill of 0 Gauge is that there isn't much RTR available and definitely more of a challenge and more to do.

Ian

......1001 posts - yet more drivel :D

I would disagree with Tower a bit there especially on the diesel front. It's surprising how good these beasts can look with a bit of detailing and weathering. Have a look at the West Highland 26 on my workbench thread. 7mm is a funny old thing, it's drawing me to it the more I work with it, I have just bought a 40. I think it's the first scale that really manages to capture the bulk and prescence of these big beasts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ian

Hi Ian, I've got 3 Heljan 26 bodies (1 of which will be a 27)

Hi Craig,

Some interesting ideas and projects you have. Oh and welcome to the 7mm world.

I have a friend who has a " HYDRA " kit to build so i will nudge him in your workbench direction. He will be very interested.

Rob

That would be me ;)

I shall also be doing Hydra and EasyBuild do have some transfers fir this unit for a small charge.

Paul R

Do they have transfers ? & How much small charge ?. I know railtec-models.com do them.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Right, this is it ....... starting next week I am having lift off, real time work life is p*ss*ng me off a bit, as I don't seem to be getting anywhere to get near to my beloved modelling hobby .... so work life can go and shove itself where the sun don't shine and starting next week that Easybuild 121 Bubble car kit is going to get caressed and man handled by this buffoon.

So watch it Jinty Boy  :butcher: ......... I am getting out the slicers, cutters, benders and burners, I am soon going to be out "posting" you with my uttermost nonsense on my dithering thread.

Let the Bogcarts Roll

phew I need to go and have a lie down after exerting myself with such an energetic post  :scared:

Peace, love & modelling

Craig.

Edited by muddys-blues
  • Like 3

Hello Craig and a belated welcome to the 0  gauge fraternity.

I've had a quick scan of the posts in here but as yet not found a layout plan what do you have in mind to build, end to end or roundy roundy?

Happy modelling

Hello Barnaby, many thanks for the welcome and the ratings on my posts, this layout is going to be a long, long, long, long term project, which if all goes to plan, will incorporate a Welsh BLT and a secondary main line through station, which will be a roundy roundy that has a loop out and back in into the garden also ..... track plan for the BLT will be sketched up later this week, and building will commence next week when I get the Bank Holiday week out of the way as our business relies on this weeks custom and I am busy concentrating on that.

Best regards

Craig.

• Like 1