The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The "bus on bridge" challenge

eastwestdivide

Hmmm

a bit more difficult than I expected.

This is not quite right though.

post-7081-0-76559900-1419426763.jpg

At Ely 47156 arrives with the 11.35 Kings Lynn - Liverpool Street, the VR waits at the crossing, 24/3/82

edit  and another one

post-7081-0-70650400-1419427283.jpg

45068 in the rain  at Leicester with a Manchester - Luton Footex, 2/10/82 (The score was 1 -1 Ricky Hill and Ashley Grimes being the scorers)

Another one - not great quality

post-7081-0-67597600-1419427998.jpg

Bristol set B473 on the 16.15 Bristol Temple Meads - Taunton heads into the setting sun at Parson Street, 3/2/81

At Port Talbot

post-7081-0-62309400-1419428488.jpg

47087 Cyclops passes Port Talbot with a Freightliner 5 set from Danygraig, 7/7/81

cheers

ps I must have too much time on my hands, I have just looked through all 2468 of my photos on Flickr, and they are the only ones I have found

Edited by Rivercider
  • Like 12

Hmmm

a bit more difficult than I expected.

This is not quite right though.

attachicon.gifscan0024a.jpg

At Ely 47156 arrives with the 11.35 Kings Lynn - Liverpool Street, the VR waits at the crossing, 24/3/82

edit  and another one

attachicon.gifscan0218a.jpg

45068 in the rain  at Leicester with a Manchester - Luton Footex, 2/10/82 (The score was 1 -1 Ricky Hill and Ashley Grimes being the scorers)

Another one - not great quality

attachicon.gifscan0021a.jpg

Bristol set B473 on the 16.15 Bristol Temple Meads - Taunton heads into the setting sun at Parson Street, 3/2/81

At Port Talbot

attachicon.gifscan0067a.jpg

47087 Cyclops passes Port Talbot with a Freightliner 5 set from Danygraig, 7/7/81

cheers

ps I must have too much time on my hands, I have just looked through all 2468 of my photos on Flickr, and they are the only ones I have found

I was on that Footex from Luton to M/cr......Ashley Grimes there's a name to give me nightmares, I'd nearly blanked it out......!

I don't think I was particularly bothered what was on the front, must have had some decent haulage back in the day... 

• Like 1

The obvious location back in the day would have been Bolton (Trinity Street). There were a whole bunch of bus stops on the bridge over the station throat; in effect it was a bus terminus. And in earlier years, trams stood there too. What I can't recall is whether there was a place you could stand to take a photo that would have shown both the buses and the trains. Possibly from the footbridge over the Blackburn lines. It's a long time ago now, and the memory is misty...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/boltonmuseums/3112342167/

Edited by Poggy1165

The obvious location back in the day would have been Bolton (Trinity Street). There were a whole bunch of bus stops on the bridge over the station throat; in effect it was a bus terminus. And in earlier years, trams stood there too. What I can't recall is whether there was a place you could stand to take a photo that would have shown both the buses and the trains. Possibly from the footbridge over the Blackburn lines. It's a long time ago now, and the memory is misty...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/boltonmuseums/3112342167/

Just checked my own gallery and found this. Taken when I was a box lad at Bolton West. Ex Bolton East Lancs bodied Atlantean in SELNEC livery just in shot.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/image/24306-trinitystreet016jpg/

JF

(Edited to correct link!)

Edited by Jon Fitness
  • Like 4

We'll soon put this modelling cliche to bed...

I love the idea of a thread devoted to pictures of buses on bridges, and the photos are great, but I don't understand your comment.

The cliché is a cliché not because buses use bridges to cross railways - they most certainly do. The cliché (which doesn't bother me in the least) is the law that every layout has have one.

Edited by Ozexpatriate

I love the idea of a thread devoted to pictures of buses on bridges, and the photos are great, but I don't understand your comment.

The cliché is a cliché not because buses use bridges to cross railways - they most certainly do. The cliché (which doesn't bother me in the least) is the law that every layout has have one.

It was a throwaway comment. 

• Like 2