Wizard/Comet

lofty1966

• 2 months later...

I truly support Andrew and Wizard for their support of the old Comet franchise, but when is the web site going to accept Safari as a browser, it's been months?  Come on, get with the program!

Or you could just get with a decent browser - Firefox works fine ...

• Like 1

• Administrators

I truly support Andrew and Wizard for their support of the old Comet franchise, but when is the web site going to accept Safari as a browser, it's been months?  Come on, get with the program!

Yeah, stop working on all those model railway products and concentraite on developing the website - which works fine in IE9 by the way. :scratchhead:

Look, I don't disagree with either of you about the focus of a company on its main objective (I was self employed for 30 years), but a web site is there to sell those products. I often use an iPad to buy stuff and have no problem with the majority of vendors.  Clearly I can't buy from Wizard this way though I was a strong supporter of Comet and have 2 Royal Scot kits, a Caprotti 5 kit, numerous chassis kits, etc.

I have always found Andrew very accommodating but this is, for me, a serious issue.  I use Firefox sparingly on my Macbook Air if and when I have to.  Apple's philosophy regarding not holding information is one reason I like and use their products.  I have been a Apple user since 1992 and have no intention of changing down a gear or two, thank you very much.

This having been said, I am off doing some modeling and you won't hear from me again on this topic.

• 2 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

So, since the 'new' website was introduced I yesterday late afternoon ordered some Comet Coach sides. They arrived this morning first thing.  That's service for you. 

I still find sections of the website a little difficult to get into/around, however that's me being a slug on the PC. The purchasing bit is  now far too easy to part me with my money. For example, after sorting the above sides, I accidentally ordered two of the excellent, inexpensive for what you get, ready made SR Lattice Post Home Signals last evening. I believe Andrew makes these to order and so I know there is a waiting period, however the product is top class.

Wizard/Comet et. al. is certainly one of the best places to get decent modelling parts  (especially signal parts) and certainly coach kits. Keep up the excellent work Andrew and thanks.

Phil  

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 3

So, since the 'new' website was introduced I yesterday late afternoon ordered some Comet Coach sides. They arrived this morning first thing.  That's service for you. 

I still find sections of the website a little difficult to get into/around, however that's me being a slug on the PC. The purchasing bit is  now far too easy to part me with my money. For example, after sorting the above sides, I accidentally ordered two of the excellent, inexpensive for what you get, ready made SR Lattice Post Home Signals last evening. I believe Andrew makes these to order and so I know there is a waiting period, however the product is top class.

Wizard/Comet et. al. is certainly one of the best places to get decent modelling parts  (es[pecially signal parts) and certainly coach kits. Keep up the excellent work Andrew and thanks.

Phil  

As you may know I get most of the signalling parts I use from Andrew apart from square posts and certain finials and lamps. As you can usually get some if not all of Alan Gibson signal parts from him as well, it makes life somewhat simpler. For UQ arms in 4mm scale I prefer these days to use either his individual frets or Alan Gibson arms with some additional bits from the Wizard/MSE range. 

All of which reminds me that I have a half-built bracket signal (Seaton Junction) that I should give some attention to, now that I have all necessary parts, but more of that elsewhere in due course.

As far as I know, Andrew doesn't actually build the signals himself but has someone who does (not me).

Edited by Stephen Freeman

• RMweb Gold

I've done a couple of small orders with Andrew, and also exchanged a few emails - great service every time, and no fuss with small orders, well packed, reasonable prices and postage costs, delivered very quickly. Long Live Wizard Models! Only "issue" I have is with the number of ranges he has, I can't decide what to get. Having the old websites still up for comet etc. also helps finding info - I understand and appreciate it would be a massive task to integrate it all into the one site.

• 3 weeks later...

Very much so, but it is now owned/operated by Wizard models. You can buy direct from the Wizard website.

Yes you can but it's much more of a faf than buying from the old Comet website. Perhaps we should have a thread for the most badly designed website in railway modelling.

• RMweb Premium

Well I had my moments with the old version of the Wizard website, but it is way, way better than the Branchlines site, which despite the fact that the company is very much alive and well gives the exact opposite impression.

• RMweb Gold

Yes you can but it's much more of a faf than buying from the old Comet website. Perhaps we should have a thread for the most badly designed website in railway modelling.

I just choose what I want from the comet site and plug the numbers in the wizard site. Andrew has said he wants to get all the info from all the brands onto the one site but it's a massive task.

• RMweb Premium

Thank you. All-seeing Google has a problem with it:

www.wizardmodels.ltd/product-category/carrk/page/6...

No information is available for this page.

That's what you get when you put Wizard Models in the search box.

And then:

Oops! That page can’t be found.

But at the top it has the Wizard Models header which, if you click on it, takes you to the Home page. Very odd.

David

Edited by DavidLong