LNER Models in 4mm

micklner

Couple of wagons done.

Parkside Dundas LNER Hopper this has taken a age to make , 51L Metal Buffers, Maygib wheels and Smiths Couplings added, a good end result but to me the Hornby r.t.r version is better all round and saves lot of time, the only thing better on the Parkside is the inside handrail moulded, not used on the Hornby version.

post-7186-0-45753700-1498667255.jpg

post-7186-0-01594600-1498667270.jpg

post-7186-0-27412500-1498667287.jpg

D&S ex NER Single Bolster pair .

post-7186-0-67973100-1498667304.jpg

post-7186-0-39909200-1498667328.jpg

Edited by micklner
  • Like 8

Nice. 

Nice horsebox too - got one of those on the go myself - D&S NER, right? Did the height of the sides match the height of the ends? Mine didn't! 

Dont remember any problems , the other D&s  NER version where the sides/doors go into the sides of the  roof was a bit of a pain to fit however !!.

• RMweb Premium

Nice. 

Nice horsebox too - got one of those on the go myself - D&S NER, right? Did the height of the sides match the height of the ends? Mine didn't! 

I don't recall any problems with these three.

post-6751-0-71534900-1498687493_thumb.jpg

ArthurK

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks to you, for all the advice regarding this build.

Mick,

You're welcome; it was my pleasure. As satisfying as this build must be, for you, it was also gratifying for me to see you make a success of it. And I can vouch for the fact that the tender is easier (maybe only slightly - joking!!) to build than the loco!!

And much as I enjoyed building the B16/1, the B15 is a far better looking loco. Shame that they had all gone by 1948.

Cheers

Mike

Edited by mikemeg
  • Like 1

Mick,

You're welcome; it was my pleasure. As satisfying as this build must be, for you, it was also gratifying for me to see you make a success of it. And I can vouch for the fact that the tender is easier (maybe only slightly - joking!!) to build than the loco!!

And much as I enjoyed building the B16/1, the B15 is a far better looking loco. Shame that they had all gone by 1948.

Cheers

Mike

Success , I did wonder for a short time !!  Now in primer and looking lovely . Tender next week , easy( ier ) !  I hope so !!  lol

Edited by micklner

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...