Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

'Bishop Street'

georgeT

Thanks Andy, have made a storage tank out of bits and pieces, (never throw anything away) so a TTA will be needed to fill the tank daily...totally non-descript but it looks good...

post-7716-0-37393500-1430846657_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-08979000-1430846661_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-96132600-1430846664_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-96208500-1430846668_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-95231300-1430846672_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-79019100-1430846676_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-34083100-1430846680_thumb.jpg

post-7716-0-67816100-1430846683_thumb.jpg

Looking good George. Do fuelling points usually have an inspection pit though? Or are you going full on supercool and meshing over the top as a drainage trough?

Thanks Bob, really enjoying BS lots of modellers licence, but its fun, hows your 7mm coming on, l keep thinking of going back to 0 but the wallet soon brings me back to earth with a bump, hahahaha...

George,

Coming together at an astonishing rate mate - well done. Hope you don't mind if I wish Andy all the best for his election duties - don't work too hard!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Just to echo what everyone else has said George. Absolutely fantastic work. Fancy building me one for Peak Dale. Makes a change to seeing the usual Knightwing kit. Although good it's great to see something different.

Cheers

Marcus

• RMweb Gold

George -

it looks great and 4 long years since you produced one for Deesdale Road - keep the good work going together with the very useful 'step by step' approach photographs.  Do I see a budding article for one of the magazines?

Cheers, Peter

Just to echo what everyone else has said George. Absolutely fantastic work. Fancy building me one for Peak Dale. Makes a change to seeing the usual Knightwing kit. Although good it's great to see something different.

Cheers

Marcus

Hello Marcus, l will do a deal, you work out all the signals for BS, then send me a rough drawing and sizes and l will knock you up a re-fuelling point in exchange...

Thanks for all the likes and comments lads, l like to be different when l build, sometimes it works sometime it don't and they normally end up in the bin, l have so much stuff in my drawers left overs from other projects, trouble is l never throw anything away, SWMBO hates it,     hahaha

Evening George,

More great work mate.hope you don't mind me asking a couple of questions on the Peco inspection pits : do you think they will stay in gauge if they are glued into the baseboard and then the cross members and central steps removed? I hope to use them as ash pits and as fairly long inspection pits inside the shed at 67B if I get that far and there weren't any such parts on the prototype - only end steps from memory! I might be able to incorporate a couple of ash pits on the first module that will eventually feature a coaling stage, turntable and bothy. Some people elsewhere have complained that the rails were difficult to insert - wondered if you found that? Sorry to hi-jack your thread.

I'm looking forward to the next instalment!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hello Marcus, l will do a deal, you work out all the signals for BS, then send me a rough drawing and sizes and l will knock you up a re-fuelling point in exchange...

Now theres an offer I can't refuse.

Just been having a study of the track plan. The two main lines that run into the right hand side fiddle yard are they both going to be bidirectional? In other words can trains run in both directions on both lines under main aspects rather than shunting signals?

I'm guessing they are as trains using the platform can only access the middle line. This would make the top line probably freight only or a loop line. In effect its a single line with a bi directional goods loop. Just need to know so it can be signalled correctly.

Cheers

Marcus

That's a brilliant job George, really amazing. A few bits of plasticard and some brass, and there you are! :O

You make it look so easy.

Al.

Says the other Plastikard guru. That was high praise indeed coming from you Al.

Evening George,

More great work mate.hope you don't mind me asking a couple of questions on the Peco inspection pits : do you think they will stay in gauge if they are glued into the baseboard and then the cross members and central steps removed? I hope to use them as ash pits and as fairly long inspection pits inside the shed at 67B if I get that far and there weren't any such parts on the prototype - only end steps from memory! I might be able to incorporate a couple of ash pits on the first module that will eventually feature a coaling stage, turntable and bothy. Some people elsewhere have complained that the rails were difficult to insert - wondered if you found that? Sorry to hi-jack your thread.

I'm looking forward to the next instalment!

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hello jock, They are moulded plastic and pretty strong, you don't need to insert the cross menbers, and they will stay in gauge without them, you can place the steps where you want them, a really nice kit from Peco....

Archived