NHY 581

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, MrWolf said:

People are worried that traditional skills dying out.

Well, here's the proof. 

A couple of generations back the sheep would have sauntered casually out of the mine puffing on a Woodbine and wondering what all the fuss was about.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-62073174

I've always considered sheeps to be trouble

rps20230303_181245.jpg.15fa337ac94a5f1c14ad88724ceb7aa2.jpg

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6

3 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

I've always considered sheeps to be trouble

rps20230303_181245.jpg.15fa337ac94a5f1c14ad88724ceb7aa2.jpg

Definitely doesn't end well.

There was that chap in the Middle East about two thousand years ago ( when it was Hornby Dublo 3 rail or nothing) kept banging on about the good shepherd and leading the lambs along the righteous path...

And look what they did to him, just for eating a bag of pork scratchings in a Tuesday.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all, 

Does anyone know if anyone makes a nice little bell such as those fitted to the 1366 Panniers that waddled about Weymouth Quay and in particular, a few of the 03 shunters that frequented Swansea and bits of the West Country, including Weymouth. 

46673041962_282ee96a96_b.jpg.2a5623f84e9e0af9144157f19ebd028a.jpg

10420836335_b10533a963_w.jpg.2a1ddaefa3a993801d7365654fe84c7a.jpg

( I'm unable to credit the photographers for the above) 

Heljan included one in the detail pack for their 1366 but it's not available and it looks like Rapido don't offer one as a spare for their J70. 

Any pointers would be helpful. 

Rob

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Here is my cause of modelling inactivity since August. So much walking and nattering around our village but no train buffs !  Can’t take her out for a couple of weeks as she’s just gone on heat so I might get s little fettling done.

3E167E21-DEF5-4B8E-AFE5-0A8169EE8CC0.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

10 hours ago, BlackRat said:

I tried a search for “HO locomotive bell” on eBay after your suggestion, but you somehow found an item with more reasonable postage prices than I found - all my results were £23+ for postage for items ranging from £3 - £12 😳

9 hours ago, dseagull said:

A much more reasonably priced alternative!! 🤣

Thanks!!

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 2E Sub Shed said:

While stocks last at Model Junction Slough

Athearn R-T-R bell

Pack of 6 

Thanks for flagging that up. They may well do the job once the frame is removed and at a  good price as well. 

I'll give them a ring on Monday rather than order online. I'm struggling with the notion of paying £4.50 postage for something that costs less than half of that and is in any case,  a very small item. 

But a good find and hopefully a chat will sort it out. 

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Thanks for flagging that up. They may well do the job once the frame is removed and at a  good price as well. 

I'll give them a ring on Monday rather than order online. I'm struggling with the notion of paying £4.50 postage for something that costs less than half of that and is in any case,  a very small item. 

But a good find and hopefully a chat will sort it out. 

Rob.

Looking at the blog on their website, I don't think they are in business any more. 

Andrew

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Sitham Yard said:

Looking at the blog on their website, I don't think they are in business any more. 

Andrew

Thanks, Andrew. I've not dealt with them for quite a few years. 

I'll have another look. 

Rob. 

41 minutes ago, Sitham Yard said:

Andrew

Ah… just clicked on their homepage and found their closing down sale announcement and a whole lot of updates about closing down culminating with final closing down at (at the bottom of the page) as 31 March 2022

So possibly missed these by nearly a year! 😳

It isn’t half frustrating when webpages are still floating around cyberspace when their origin has long disappeared!

Steve S

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Gypsy said:

How's he with the snow?!

Well, it's gone now but most amusing at 05.30 yesterday when he saw it for the first time. 

Paw out, tapped it a few times then bravely went out. Danced about a bit, then the big woofs and sliding about started........

Quick tinkle and back into his nest......

• Like 7
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

The Temporary Acting Works Apprentice......

20230305_212652-01.jpeg.e856dd0bc3b777dc344ac79b2737326f.jpeg

For a minute, without looking closely, I thought the photo was a roast chicken on a plate. Yes, glasses required.

• Like 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

For a minute, without looking closely, I thought the photo was a roast chicken on a plate. Yes, glasses required.

Bonjour Spams, 

You're not the first to say that....

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Somewhere....somewhere...I have a big box full of Detail Associates parts given to me by a late NMRA member here, amongst which just may be a bell.  Give me a wee while (as in - tomorrow) to brave going down the garage, wonder were the box may be, find it and dig through!  You're welcome to any goody bell I may find, gratis free and for nothing.

Edited by New Haven Neil
speelink
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Just had a thought about a box of bits, so donned snow shoes and made it to the garage.  (Two snowflakes here)  Turned out to be a box of Kadee couplers, so the detail bits box must be in the garage loft - needs a dry day to get the bikes out and use stepladders to look in there, sorry.  Not getting the bikes wet....5 to clean doesn't appeal.  getting a bit full in there.

9.jpg.907004bc43228f2d0559a957c606cd7b.jpg

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4