RMweb

• RMweb Gold

I’ve also been secretly stashing 7mm scale train things away and probably have enough to run a small C&HPR layout now. 

Need to finish Middleton Top first though. 
[repeat until the 7mm thoughts go away]

Jay 

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

7mm?

Go on go on go on go on go on

You know you want to....

P1150221.JPG.aab24777e01b4216ab5b5108ab4cd8fc.JPG

Morning Neil, 

Nice. Sadly, I've not got room for something quite as expansive as that ( actually, probably a good thing !)1

I'm still firmly focused on 4mm. The 7mm thing is a bit of an as and when thing. I've mentioned before, I see it more as a diorama using techniques drawn from military modelling. 

It's now a little under a month to Larkrail . This weekend is pretty much spoken for so I'm hoping for a bit of modelling activity as of Monday. 

Having looked over Sheep Dip, I must confess, I'm pretty much happy with it and there's nothing major to resolve. A couple of items of stock will be added and that should be it. 

I'm keen to add an "internal user" brake van and I have a Kernow Road van set aside for that very purpose. Hopefully, next week will see it set upon......and I've not forgotten about weathering the steel mineral wagon......but I did forget to acquire one yesterday......

Rob

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 16/06/2023 at 07:30, NHY 581 said:

so perhaps just a couple of 7mm locos and few accompanying wagons wouldn't do any harm.......

Yeah, yeah, we've all fallen for that one!! 🙄🤣

In best (& Original) Top Gear tradition.... "What can possibly go wrong?"..... 😉

• Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Sadly, I've not got room for something quite as expansive as that

Ah, it's actually rather larger than that as it is an 'L' shape in the bike garage. 16 by 12 with the yard of fiddling.... Still, the occasional tease is good fun!

Must get on and finish the left hand corner and smaller yard of less fiddling.

P1150184.JPG.104dd85540a89e94e314381f9f8850f6.JPG

• Like 11
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
53 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Ah, it's actually rather larger than that as it is an 'L' shape in the bike garage. 16 by 12 with the yard of fiddling.... Still, the occasional tease is good fun!

Must get on and finish the left hand corner and smaller yard of less fiddling.

P1150184.JPG.104dd85540a89e94e314381f9f8850f6.JPG

Blimey Neil, there’s nearly a retirement plans worth of LGB bridges there! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

0 gauge stuff should come with a warning this product could damage your wealth.....   Well actually seeing the price of stuff in smaller scales the same is probably true for them. Generally 0 gauge doesn't have to be so costly because you don't need much stock for the same space .  However Rob you seem to go in for small layouts with not much stock anyway so not much of a problem. 

Don

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Father's Day has produced a treat in the form of a rather nice book to immerse myself in.......

20230618_093724-02.jpeg.a0c845fe725e92874cef9b6612f0d368.jpeg

There is also a selection of Badger Brewery's finest and some nice snacky things to accompany them. 

Therefore, the comfy chair is looking good for this evening. 

First impression are that, as expected, Simon has made a magnificent job of this book. I cannot recommend it enough. 

Rob

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Very nice Rob.  All I got - apart from lunch earlier in the week (very exceedingly nice sausage & mash at local pub, alas the liver & bacon on bubble & squeak is off the menu for the summer season) , sorry about that diversion.  anyway apart from teh m lunch all I got was a card anda flamethrower' - well actually the latter is called a 'Weed wand' but it dsposes of weeds by means of a nice hot flame.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

but it dsposes of weeds by means of a nice hot flame.

You can wander around members days offering an on the spot reheating service for pasties . . .

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 6

39 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Very nice Rob.  All I got - apart from lunch earlier in the week (very exceedingly nice sausage & mash at local pub, alas the liver & bacon on bubble & squeak is off the menu for the summer season) , sorry about that diversion.  anyway apart from teh m lunch all I got was a card anda flamethrower' - well actually the latter is called a 'Weed wand' but it dsposes of weeds by means of a nice hot flame.

A flamethrower is a wonderfully thoughtful present....

• Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

First impression are that, as expected, Simon has made a magnificent job of this book. I cannot recommend it enough. 

Your second and third impressions will doubtlessly be the same. As someone else has said, this is the definitive work on the subject and a work of art by someone who has a deep interest and love of the subject matter.

For someone (like me) who grew up only a few miles away, in Bath itself, the delight is even greater!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, MrWolf said:

A flamethrower is a wonderfully thoughtful present....

It is absolutely typical of my daughter's thoughtfully  practical approach to life.  However while it will no doubt be very useful I suspect that our current crop of fox cubs might not be keen on the idea although they seem to keep clear when we are out in the garden jungle.  

Only trouble is that I can't yet play with it due to the state of a finger on my right hand.  But that will be back in the hands of one of the surgery nurses tomorrow so maybe, just maybe, it won't need yet another renewak of the drssing and the finger nail will have settled down after being reattached a week ago.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 7

57 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning all, 

This morning, The Works Forecat has conducted one of her impromptu inspections of Bleat Wharf..

20230619_080552-01.jpeg.e6d9ee6ab0296d7ff288e16f0c1dc16f.jpeg

20230619_080630-01.jpeg.f507f8a30b3847971d19710cc9ce095f.jpeg

Rob

Why does she remind me of that cat in the bond movies. You know the one that the villein has.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

My Dad had one of those when I were a lad.  I'm surprised that in the risk averse H&S obsessed world you can still buy such things.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Mike_Walker said:

My Dad had one of those when I were a lad.  I'm surprised that in the risk averse H&S obsessed world you can still buy such things.

Wot, the bangers and mash or the liver and onions?

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

My Grandfather said that when they ran out of tobacco in the trenches the only thing available was used tea leaves and it wasn't very satisfying.

Don

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3