Oakley Green Oil Depot

mudmagnet

• RMweb Gold

Two weeks to go before the debut exhibition in Barnstaple.

A few items to get done, in no particular order.

• Finish security fencing - most of the 'barbed' wire' (silver cotton), now threaded through the holes - one run to finish.
  • Finish pipe work around tanks and pump house.
  • Make a couple of trees.
  • Finish the grass areas - more static grass to pick up from the sorting office tomorrow morning.
  • Finish signals.
  • Finish Brutes and glue to parcel platform with newspapers, mail bags and parcels.
  • Finish a few more details.

Additionally, the lights have been completed, so we will be drilling these onto the boards before the show.

• Like 2

Two weeks to go before the debut exhibition in Barnstaple.

A few items to get done, in no particular order.

• Finish security fencing - most of the 'barbed' wire' (silver cotton), now threaded through the holes - one run to finish.
  • Finish pipe work around tanks and pump house.
  • Make a couple of trees.
  • Finish the grass areas - more static grass to pick up from the sorting office tomorrow morning.
  • Finish signals.
  • Finish Brutes and glue to parcel platform with newspapers, mail bags and parcels.
  • Finish a few more details.

Additionally, the lights have been completed, so we will be drilling these onto the boards before the show.

It looks like you have a plan Richard, far to organised for my liking, hahhaha

• RMweb Gold

It looks like you have a plan Richard, far to organised for my liking, hahhaha

Finished soldering up the 12 BRUTES last night. Also started the trees!

Plan to get a lot tomorrow, not much time today as Mum's birthday.

• Like 3

Finished soldering up the 12 BRUTES last night. Also started the trees!

Plan to get a lot tomorrow, not much time today as Mum's birthday.

Got to get your priorities right good lad, pays in the end?

Nigel  :read:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

OK, a bit of an update and photos to follow, (hopefully tomorrow)

• Finish pipe work around tanks and pump house. just need to be weathered now.
  • Make a couple of trees - started three with flexi-bark applied. Will paint tomorrow.
  • Finish the grass areas - more static grass to pick up from the sorting office tomorrow morning.  Will be adding some bushes etc
  • Finish signals.
  • Finish Brutes and glue to parcel platform with newspapers, mail bags and parcels.  Brutes now being painted.
  • Finish a few more details - still to do

Additionally, there are a few more things to do

• Add some more fencing and hedges.
  • Add the dummy point levers.
  • Fit telegraph poles.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

A few photos taken this evening as below.

Progress so far ...

• Finish pipe work around tanks and pump house. just need to be weathered now.
  • Make a couple of trees - trees painted and made a start with the covering.
  • Finish the grass areas - more static grass to pick up from the sorting office tomorrow morning.  Will be adding some bushes etc
  • Finish signals.
  • Finish Brutes and glue to parcel platform with newspapers, mail bags and parcels.  Brutes now being painted.

Additionally, there are a few more things to do

• Fit telegraph poles.

post-7854-0-47408300-1436819263.jpg

post-7854-0-27872800-1436819264.jpg

post-7854-0-93748700-1436819264.jpg

post-7854-0-58760300-1436819265.jpg

post-7854-0-10503500-1436819266.jpg

post-7854-0-68151200-1436819266.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

A further update.

• Finish pipe work around tanks and pump house. just need to be weathered now. Done this evening !
  • Make a couple of trees - trees painted and made a start with the covering. Now ready for planting !
  • Finish signals.
  • Finish Brutes and glue to parcel platform with newspapers, mail bags and parcels.  Brutes now being painted. Just need to glue the canopy down now.

Had a couple of visitors this evening looking at the layout, when I had just finished weathering the tanks and glueing the parcels canopy down. Hope to take some more photos tomorrow.

Edited by mudmagnet
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

A bit more work completed / started last night.

Fitted some fence posts along the front ( Ratio) and started glueing the nylon "wires" to the posts! Done three runs, just two more left to do. Also added some hedges.

Made a start on a second batch of cable drums. The proprietary ones are either too coarse or expensive for the better quality ones, so making them myself.....

Hope to take some photos later.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A further update - just over a week to go !!!!!!

• Make a couple of trees - trees painted and made a start with the covering. Now ready for planting ! Now planted.
  • Finish signals.
  • Finish Brutes and glue to parcel platform with newspapers, mail bags and parcels.  Brutes now being painted. Just need to glue the canopy down now.

post-7854-0-42772700-1437076078.jpg

post-7854-0-03839600-1437076079.jpg

post-7854-0-72387100-1437076079.jpg

post-7854-0-42472400-1437076080.jpg

post-7854-0-07958700-1437076081.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Outstanding!

Best Regards,

Christian

Many thanks Christian, much appreciated !!

Nice work Richard, another fine Layout mate, well done, nice little details.

Thanks Andy,

Slowly getting there !

• RMweb Gold

Very nice work MM. I would love to see a Petroleum 60 arrive on the bogie tanks!

Love the depot, you have done a great job on that.

Thanks GG

Although primarily aimed at late 70's / early 80's period, I don't think anything will look out of place. There could even be a Freightliner 66 appearing at the weekend !!!!

Only a few days until the exhibition debut !

Will make sure we take loads of photos of the stock.

• RMweb Gold

I ended up partly remaking the dummy point levers as I made an error by not leaving sufficient clearance! Whoops!

Anyway, all ready to be glued down tomorrow and then weathered. Two tasks for tomorrow - finish signals and finish hardstanding in front of depot, oh fit the rest of the lamps. If I gat time, I'll need to make some more cable drums and would like to solder up the PH Designs depot baskets and inspection platform.....

On Friday afternoon, we will be fitting the fiddle yard for the first time and drilling the supports for the lights. Hoping that we have a dry afternoon as the garage not long enough for all three boards, plus not sure if enough height under the open garage door for the lights to be fitted.

• RMweb Gold

Point levers glued down today, but need weathering - a task for tomorrow. Oh, made a small error, but will wait be revealing - I'll see if someone spots it tomorrow / Saturday !!!

Had to send one of the PowerCabs back to Digitrains the other day due to the buttons stopping working. Got back yesterday, as fitted with a new PCB - so good service, thanks. Both controllers working OK and have used some 'Velcro' on the rear to hold them to the backscene.

A couple of tasks to complete tomorrow morning before Jamie arrives to fit the lights .....