Bachmann 2015/16 Speculation ... or Divination 101 as it is known on the Hogwarts Express

Ozexpatriate

• RMweb Gold

If as, most people assume, Hornby's announcement of the air-smoothed Merchant Navy is intended as a spoiler because they believe Bachmann was/is about to announce the same thing, I wonder if the boys from Barwell have another recent N gauge set of CADs that could be upscaled to OO and seriously irritate Hornby?

Edited to add - I know production CADs can't be directly upscaled, but the underlying dimensional data can...

• RMweb Gold

If it's Western, I'd reckon a 16xx, or a 94xx, or even a Duke 4-4-0. They could pull a blind one, and do a 41/51xx prairie. The main possibility is to announce re-tools of existing locomotives. There again, they might 'do' Toplight coaches. There's also the Taff Vale locomotives 28 & 85, one of which is NRM backed.

On second thoughts, I don't expect much, Western wise, this year....

Of course, they could do an all singing & dancing AA21, or AA23 Toad brake van, but I'd be away with the fairies if that happened......

Ian

Anyone noticed the Hattons' banner advertisement appearing on some of these pages?

"Pre-order the entire Bachmann 2015 range". Someone would have to be pretty keen to do that! ;)

Fortunately the link does not work yet.

They're only announcing one loco then...

I'm hoping for ... class 158 in the new Arriva Wales livery. ...

I wouldn't hold your breath. They announced a brand-new 158 with much fanfare back in March 2012.

2012 came and went, as did 2013 (models are announced for the "next 18 months", right?). And obviously 2014 also came and went. We're now well into 2015 and so far as I know we haven't even seen any CADs, let alone pre-production samples.

Though, in fairness to them, they did announce they were chopping one of the versions they had previously announced.

Paul

• RMweb Gold

If it's Western, I'd reckon a 16xx, or a 94xx, or even a Duke 4-4-0. They could pull a blind one, and do a 41/51xx prairie. The main possibility is to announce re-tools of existing locomotives. There again, they might 'do' Toplight coaches. There's also the Taff Vale locomotives 28 & 85, one of which is NRM backed.

On second thoughts, I don't expect much, Western wise, this year....

Of course, they could do an all singing & dancing AA21, or AA23 Toad brake van, but I'd be away with the fairies if that happened......

Ian

I think the most likely Western offering will be a retooled 'Manor'.  I know they have taken onboard the idea of a 94XX but I doubt it for this year and it was rumoured, a long while back, that they'd design problems fitting the chassis into the body (I think they forgot to turnround the chassis).  If they do any GW coaches at all it would be a re-tool of the Colletts but their coach programme seems to be well behind but they might well announce it anyway as a 'political' move.

Anyway later today we'll know.

FWIW I actually feel that Bachmann are where Hornby were 18-36 months ago! We have promises of great ranges to cover many eras, but very little product on the shelf! The gestation of the Hornby B17 was agonisingly long, but when it appeared it was worth the wait. Hornby have copped a massive amount of flak over delays to promised items, but they are now delivering superb models..J15 anyone?

I have a longish list of preorders waiting from Bachmann, Stanier Crab, Thompsons etc. All I have seen or been told in the time since their announcement is, 'you won't get it at that price now Sunshine!'.

There have been changes at the top of Bachmann, there appear to be supply problems, there are price rises, 25 quid for a tube wagon?? all rings familiar bells.

All I can say is whatever is announced later today, I will not be holding my breath to see it in the shops.

Doomsayer from WA,

Peter C.

I wonder if the boys from Barwell have another recent N gauge set of CADs that could be upscaled to OO and seriously irritate Hornby?

Apparently not available in N but what if they came up with a Princess Royal?

Leen.

• RMweb Gold
Apparently not available in N but what if they came up with a Princess Royal

If only Bachmann had done the princess royal in N gauge and not the princess coronation

1pm UK time ... that means midnight Eastern Australian Daylight Saving Time, 11pm Queensland time, 10:30pm Northern Territory time, 11:30pm South Australian DS Time, and 9pm Western Australian time!

I think that's right but is it any wonder we Aussies get a bit confused?? :D

• RMweb Gold

1pm UK time ... that means midnight Eastern Australian Daylight Saving Time, 11pm Queensland time, 10:30pm Northern Territory time, 11:30pm South Australian DS Time, and 9pm Western Australian time!

I think that's right but is it any wonder we Aussies get a bit confused?? :D

You mean you're so confused you can't remember which state you're in? :jester:  :O

Well, whatever the gestation period of the new products (longer than even the African Elephant) at least the embargo appears to have held, nothing has been accidentally released apart from a little bit of wee by fans of the Merchant Navies thanks to Hornby.

Archived