Bachmann Branchline announcements for 2015/6

Andy Y

I see that Bachmann's new catalogue has a photo of their new Scenecraft brick station building ref 44-0023 and of their new brick station waiting room building ref 44-0024 (no photos yet on their website). These fit together, and form rather an attractive station building.

Presumably it is a model of a real station - does anyone know where? And which railway company?

John

Was anyone able to identify a prototype location for the above items or are they generic?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Five Bachmann Class 66s are due this year in May/June. One Freightliner, one DRS, three GBRF so far.

Freightliner Powerhaul 66416.

DRS Revised/New 66434.

GBRF 66718.

GBRF 66720.

GBRF 66721.

The last GBRF three are all Limited Editions. 718 and 721 from the London Transport Museum and 720 from elsewhere (can't remember where).

Original liveried EWS 66s that are currently available are 66050 and 66111. Both are Limited Editions and can be bought from a few places online.

Thanks for your post. Is it likely any new-numbered, original-livery Freightliner/EWS will be produced in future? They seem to be popular models/liveries.

• RMweb Premium

Five Bachmann Class 66s are due this year in May/June. One Freightliner, one DRS, three GBRF so far.

Freightliner Powerhaul 66416.

DRS Revised/New 66434.

GBRF 66718.

GBRF 66720.

GBRF 66721.

The last GBRF three are all Limited Editions. 718 and 721 from the London Transport Museum and 720 from elsewhere (can't remember where).

66720 is a commission from Rail Express Magazine (not be confused with Rail Exclusives - who is an ex-Rail Express editor......)

And here's my 66434 (not a Bachmann original - done in late 2014)

post-408-0-21170200-1454250363_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

I wouldn't have thought any new original Freightliner or EWS 66s will be released this year as standard models. This is mainly because this year Bachmann seem to be focusing on the 66s, with five been produced so far, two standard and three as Limited Editions.

Just from my point of view I wouldn't say there would be any this year as they above five are all due to be released at the same time (May/June) which isn't far away so I would assume we are past the time when anything new could be announced. Bachmann are due to announce there new range in March so possibly in 2017 or maybe 2018 if anything is due to be released as a standard catalogue model.

If you are wanting to acquire EWS 66050 and/or 66111 I would buy them as there might not be anymore original EWS liveried 66s in the near future if any at all.

The Bacchy one is diagram 71 - its the Diagram 73 with three doors per side

Seems bizarre to have modelled this one when the drawings must be to hand for the Farish diagram 73!

These some excellent gen on this thread http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/28050-br-mk1-first-open-coach-info/

I'm with Rembrow - just been fitting close coupling mechanisms to a Replica diagram 73...only one of these new jobbies for us

Phil

I don't know if you've got your one yet, but picked up my maroon version today and am very disappointed. I was aware from the beginning that Bachmann had chosen the version with low numbers originally produced by BR (4 in Diag 71), as they could use the existing Mk1 RFO body tooling, however fully expected a new interior to replicate the different seating and table types between the RFO and the FO, however it's not the case as Bachmann have used the RFO interiors. This is very noticeable from outside the coach at viewing distance, with the white, wider, elliptical tables of the RFO compared to the rectangular type in the FO and with chair restaurant seating rather than coach 2+1 seating . Will see if the table side edges can be filed flat, but a cheap and nasty offering from Bachmann (and not at a cheap price).

I wouldn't have thought any new original Freightliner or EWS 66s will be released this year as standard models. This is mainly because this year Bachmann seem to be focusing on the 66s, with five been produced so far, two standard and three as Limited Editions.

Just from my point of view I wouldn't say there would be any this year as they above five are all due to be released at the same time (May/June) which isn't far away so I would assume we are past the time when anything new could be announced. Bachmann are due to announce there new range in March so possibly in 2017 or maybe 2018 if anything is due to be released as a standard catalogue model.

If you are wanting to acquire EWS 66050 and/or 66111 I would buy them as there might not be anymore original EWS liveried 66s in the near future if any at all.

Would have thought an EWS 66 wouLd continue to be a standard item every year as its been the numerically predominant loco for almost 20 years.

However I guess they'll get a DB , de branded EWS one soon.

I sold all mine when I moved away from contemporary to 90s - as they have provided a ying ying soundtrack to the best part of half my life I may have to get another in future

• RMweb Premium

I would agree that soon there will be an original EWS liveried 66 but debranded and with DB stickers applied.

Why wait?

Quite an easy renumbering/rebranding job using Precision decals. John does full number sets, so no need to line up individual digits.

post-408-0-64368200-1454586550_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Guest spet0114

Why wait?

Quite an easy renumbering/rebranding job using Precision decals. John does full number sets, so no need to line up individual digits.

Cheers,

Mick

All the numbers on that loco are upside-down....

Unless I've missed it, nobody seems to have mentioned the appearance of samples of the Bachmann 20 ton anchor mounted tanks in their display case at various shows.

A pic of the Benzene Producers tank appears on BRMs facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/Britishrailwaymodellingmagazine/photos/pb.185729314793450.-2207520000.1454592533./1112400745459631/?type=3&theater

Based on this HMRS Photograph:
http://www.hmrs.org.uk/photograph-collection/images/1200px/AAX115.jpg

I first saw the wagon in the cabinet at the Blyth show November last, where there was also a decorated Shell/BP class B liveried example. I remember being fairly unimpressed at the time, on seeing those prominent and non prototypical tank joins yet there was no representation of the very prominent rivets on the anchor plate and solebar. Also the representation of the weld joins along the top sides of the Tank were incorrect on one side.

I hope they were pre-production samples, but my experience of the Bachmann display cabinet is once a decorated sample has appeared in it, that's the condition the final models turn up in their blue boxes at the retailers.

Anybody else got any opinions?

P

Edited for spelling  (and it's still probably horrific)

• RMweb Gold

Unless I've missed it, nobody seems to have mentioned the appearance of samples of the Bachmann 20 ton anchor mounted tanks in their display case at various shows.

A pic of the Benzene Producers tank appears on BRMs facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Britishrailwaymodellingmagazine/photos/pb.185729314793450.-2207520000.1454592533./1112400745459631/?type=3&theater

Based on this HMRS Photograph:

http://www.hmrs.org.uk/photograph-collection/images/1200px/AAX115.jpg

I first saw the wagon in the cabinet at the Blyth show November last, where there was also a decorated Shell/BP class B liveried example. I remember being fairly unimpressed at the time, on seeing those prominent and non prototypical tank joins yet there was no representation of the very prominent rivets on the anchor plate and solebar. Also the representation of the weld joins along the top sides of the Tank were incorrect on one side.

I hope they were pre-production samples, but my experience of the Bachmann display cabinet is once a decorated sample has appeared in it, that's the condition the final models turn up in their blue boxes at the retailers.

Anybody else got any opinions?

P

Edited for spelling  (and it's still probably horrific)

Oh Dear. The joins will presumably be less obvious on the black ones, but it's not a good look.

There are weld lines on the prototype illustrated but not in quite the same places.

J.

There are weld lines on the prototype illustrated but not in quite the same places.

From memory and I stress it's from memory, Bachmann have represented the weld lines in identical positions in the upper part of the tank on both sides of the tank on the outside plates. In reality the way the plates overlapped during manufacture on one side there was only one  upper weld line on the central plate.

Although it's an Esso tank these two images illustrate the difference.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/svr_enthusiast/8581619899

https://www.flickr.com/photos/svr_enthusiast/3871149938

This image shows the single upper weld better.

http://www.invictamodelrail.com/ekmps/shops/invicta/images/38-776-class-b-20-ton-anchor-mounted-tank-wagon-shell-bp-pre-order-tba-768-p.jpg

I hope my memory is tricking me.

*My memory is definitely playing tricks on me because I seem to remember now, that the Class B tank in the display cabinet was in Esso livery with lozenges*. As here:

http://www.hmrs.org.uk/photograph-collection/images/1200px/AAX135.jpg

Anybody else got recollections?

P

• RMweb Gold

From memory and I stress it's from memory, Bachmann have represented the weld lines in identical positions in the upper part of the tank on both sides of the tank on the outside plates. In reality the way the plates overlapped during manufacture on one side there was only one  upper weld line on the central plate.

Although it's an Esso tank these two images illustrate the difference.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/svr_enthusiast/8581619899

https://www.flickr.com/photos/svr_enthusiast/3871149938

This image shows the single upper weld better.

http://www.invictamodelrail.com/ekmps/shops/invicta/images/38-776-class-b-20-ton-anchor-mounted-tank-wagon-shell-bp-pre-order-tba-768-p.jpg

I hope my memory is tricking me.

*My memory is definitely playing tricks on me because I seem to remember now, that the Class B tank in the display cabinet was in Esso livery with lozenges*. As here:

http://www.hmrs.org.uk/photograph-collection/images/1200px/AAX135.jpg

Anybody else got recollections?

P

I was referring to the vertical weld lines approximately in line with the inner edges of the cradles.

Unfortunately, Bachmann seem to have diverted them round the outside of the supports rather than continuing their downward path. 

J.

• RMweb Gold

I was referring to the vertical weld lines approximately in line with the inner edges of the cradles.

Unfortunately, Bachmann seem to have diverted them round the outside of the supports rather than continuing their downward path. 

J.

When the production Grain wagons arrived, the joins turned out to be much less prominent than they had been on the display samples.

Hopefully, the same might apply with these.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Yes quite sad at moment , hopefully it will pick up at some point.

There was a programme on TV last night re Chinese factories many are on a serious downturn in business or closed/bankrupt. The Chinese  economic outlook due to massive foreign loans isn't looking very good either. It does make you wonder re the Chinese workers wage rises when many in the programme are desperate for any kind of work at any wage rate.

• RMweb Gold

There's definitely an air of gloom over both Hornby and Bachmann at the moment. There's certainly not much in Bachmann's "Coming soon" section for me.

I'm not really bothered about Bachmann's forthcoming announcements. If they announce anything that's of interest to me I shall be very surprised.

I'm not really bothered about Bachmann's forthcoming announcements. If they announce anything that's of interest to me I shall be very surprised.

And it won't be available until after 2020.

I found lots to make me bubble in Bachmann’s last announcements, even if some intended items were cancelled in order to avoid duplication. I’m afraid all my bubbles about the earlier announcements have gone flat by this time. Still, some tasty items are progressing slowly and my LMS Patriot can’t be far off.

Some grouping liveries of existing items would be very welcome. A 7F in Slow and Dirty Jerky black is top of my list and an Austerity 2-8-0 in LNER black to join the lengthening line of LNER heavy freight jobbies. Speaking of which, some sub-classes of the O4 would be too much to hope for.

AC electrics. Plenty to choose from.

Don’t mention the 04. I did but I think I got away with it.

P.S. For those who key OO instead of 00, note the distinction between O4 and 04. 

• RMweb Premium

No Decorum,

While I agree about 00 and not OO, as spoken it is double O, and not double zero or double nought.  All very confusing.

French is the same with in using the letters in H0.  Ache O.

It is only when you get to German that the demands of exactitude and precision describe H0 as Halb Nul (half zero).

Archived