SCRATCHBUILDING AN EX LSWR G6

I think the building has finished. I have just to paint the crew and add some coal to the bunker. I can say I have completed the task, within time too!!!

The work today consisted of adding the pickups. The front ones were very tight there is not much room for them. In the end it worked well, hiding the wires and avoiding the the motion was fun. You will see the simple strap for the motor.

post-13601-0-76913100-1450399610_thumb.jpg

post-13601-0-89402500-1450399708_thumb.jpg

The next bit was to refit the brake gear, which worked very well, and needed easing, thankfully I put plastic shoes on it. The body was united with the frames and the couplings added after testing. The nice thing about compensated frames there is less sensitive when bolted to the body. Then last but not least the couplings.

A few more photos than needed but hey I do not care.

post-13601-0-37851500-1450399821_thumb.jpg

post-13601-0-80462500-1450399951_thumb.jpg

post-13601-0-58270500-1450400108_thumb.jpg

post-13601-0-26411800-1450400204_thumb.jpg

post-13601-0-37162500-1450400448_thumb.jpg

And the low down moody shot.

post-13601-0-60402000-1450400307_thumb.jpg

Hopefully the crew will be added before the end of the comp. Thanks for all the comments and likes, I hope you have enjoyed the build as much as I have. What to do I do now???????

I think the building has finished. I have just to paint the crew and add some coal to the bunker. I can say I have completed the task, within time too!!!

The work today consisted of adding the pickups. The front ones were very tight there is not much room for them. In the end it worked well, hiding the wires and avoiding the the motion was fun. You will see the simple strap for the motor.

attachicon.gifa.jpg

attachicon.gifb.jpg

The next bit was to refit the brake gear, which worked very well, and needed easing, thankfully I put plastic shoes on it. The body was united with the frames and the couplings added after testing. The nice thing about compensated frames there is less sensitive when bolted to the body. Then last but not least the couplings.

A few more photos than needed but hey I do not care.

attachicon.gifc.jpg

attachicon.gifd.jpg

attachicon.gifd1.jpg

attachicon.gife.jpg

attachicon.giff.jpg

And the low down moody shot.

attachicon.gifg.jpg

Hopefully the crew will be added before the end of the comp. Thanks for all the comments and likes, I hope you have enjoyed the build as much as I have. What to do I do now???????

Utterly beautiful and topped off with a flawless paint job! I think you can honestly say the "challenge" has been well and truly met :fan:  :clapping:  :superman:

Jon F.

Utterly beautiful and topped off with a flawless paint job! I think you can honestly say the "challenge" has been well and truly met :fan:  :clapping:  :superman:

Jon F.

Thanks jon

I think the painting has got better since I got some cellulose paint, it goes on thinner. But shows up everything underneath.

Over the weekend I took some paints to the apartment and have manage to get the crew ready. They will be reporting for duty after the Christmas break. People always seem to take far more time than you allow for.

post-13601-0-78323700-1450819215_thumb.jpg

Happy Christmas to all.

• 1 month later...

I was trying to get a nice photo for Andy today. As my tripod is to short, to old, and to wobbly I had to make a platform to sit the camera on. Then use the self timer to stop the judder as you push the button. (note to self must get a remote for it).

I did take a load many of the same pose but using different exposures ect. The trouble is I did not know which one to send. In the endI sent three and left it to Andy to pick the one that fits his needs best.

Well here are a few, nothing like being  self indulgent sometimes.

post-13601-0-75143200-1455917123_thumb.jpg

post-13601-0-00340600-1455917144_thumb.jpg

post-13601-0-62502700-1455917163_thumb.jpg

post-13601-0-24453800-1455917183_thumb.jpg

Now back to things that are not already finished.

Hi Peter

You have done a fantastic job this one and the photos have come out very good. 

I am now looking forward to getting back to and finishing my 0395 class, it is close to being finished and a little push would make it ready for painting. I think I have been re bitten by the scratch building bug. I would like to start another one.

I am now looking forward to getting back to and finishing my 0395 class, it is close to being finished and a little push would make it ready for painting. I think I have been re bitten by the scratch building bug. I would like to start another one.

What is going to happen with Bodmin Peter.

What is going to happen with Bodmin Peter.

Bodmin is going ahead, it is a long slow job. I have made two points, and will start on the first two boards soon. I have settled on a track plan, except for a possible alteration at the fiddle yard end. I would like to put a 50 foot table in. there is a ready made 300mm narrow gauge one that if I can get at the right price would do with a bit of alteration.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived