The Engine Shed

Multiple identity account

• RMweb Gold

I’ve had an amazing idea. Maybe a new thread could be created, dedicated to all things Bulleid, so we can stop the spread of this disease and confine the awful subject to that thread. Us Collett-ites might get a break then haha

But please be careful not to contract Coll-itis.That's a real pain in the b** :stinker:

• RMweb Gold

I’ve had an amazing idea. Maybe a new thread could be created, dedicated to all things Bulleid, so we can stop the spread of this disease and confine the awful subject to that thread. Us Collett-ites might get a break then haha

Whenever I hear of the MiM, I feel really Bullied......

post-7000-0-66626000-1508355025.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It's here: https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/news/the-engine-shed/a-touch-of-class-87/

The Class 87 leads...BUT it's the last one in the current format. :-(

Well that about does it for this week except to say one final thing... we have been bringing you The Engine Shed every fortnight (or thereabouts) now for well over two years and we cannot express how much we enjoy writing the blog and letting you in on all the behind the scenes content from Hornby HQ. However, as we look to the future and in an effort to keep bringing you the same level of high quality content we have made the decision to move to a monthly blog format. This does not mean the end of the blog, we will still be here with all the latest samples and news direct from the Hornby Development office and you never know there may still be some surprise Stop Press editions along the way.

So there we have it, the next edition will be coming to you next month, just before we head off to the annual Warley National Model Railway Exhibition and we can’t wait to get going. We have a BIG surprise in store, to which the final touches are being applied now so keep an eye out on here and on our social media channels for more clues on what that might be.

Edited by brushman47544

It's here: https://www.Hornby.com/uk-en/news/the-engine-shed/a-touch-of-class-87/

The Class 87 leads...BUT it's the last one in the current format. :-(

That is disappointing. The web benefits from frequency - I stopped looking at MREmag a few years back when it stopped being daily. I'm sure the content was actually just as good, but with the lower frequency I just got out of the habit and the content seemed somehow stale.

I have hugely enjoyed the Engine Shed: hope it doesn't go the same way.

Paul

• RMweb Premium

Another great edition. A shame it’s going to monthly. However it’s great to know it’s not going altogether. Could mean that each months edition will be bigger, covering more items. Time will tell I guess

Edited by Hilux5972

BIG surprise announced over an hour ago and no wishlisting/frothing yet?  Where is everyone? ;)

I give up, I'll play your silly games.....I'm in Western Australia, it is 8.30 pm, so what have I missed? The full range of Bulleid coaches, 15 variants? Or is it the ex. GER/ LNER  E4?

G'night,

Peter C.

I give up, I'll play your silly games.....I'm in Western Australia, it is 8.30 pm, so what have I missed? The full range of Bulleid coaches, 15 variants? Or is it the ex. GER/ LNER E4?

G'night,

Peter C.

I’ll play too:

Something Great Western -

Full brake coach

Toplights

The Great Bear.......

Must say that I haven't been surprised by anything!

Engine Shed to be monthly?  A counter-productive bean-counting exercise.

Surprise announcements at Warley? Unsurprising.

As for the meat of this Engine Shed, I've no need for WCML motive power, so it wasn't very surprising either.

Sooooo....

I did wonder if the word BIG was the big clue in itself?  Much has been made of the ever rising prices of RTR OO locos, whilst at the same time RTR O Gauge has been falling. Is it time for Hornby O Gauge?

I'd had the same thought. But they also referred to the 0 sized model cab of the 87 then denied that gauge was "on their radar".

Actually, I'm also hoping at some stage for an ex-GER E4, to complete their near-total coverage of motive power required for East Anglian branchlines. And it's such a cute prototype - who could resist it?

Paul

• Like 1

Only a thought, but I don't think Hornby have a BCK or a restaurant car in their range of Mk 1's.

But there is certainly one of each in the ' Duchess ' video

If the video was produced by Hornby magazine, they could of course be Bachmann Mk 1's.

I only mention the above in case the train in the video contains some sneaky clues for Warley.

• RMweb Premium

The return of BIG - BIG Trains

Shame it’s going monthly . I suppose there hadn’t really been that much to report recently. Just hope it’s not the return of Kohlerism to blame and a reduction of direct contact with customers in favour of sandwiches at sandwich with the press