Revolution Trains confirms TEA tanker in N

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

I was really happy with the running qualities of the models under test and I am glad the production models are performing as well. Thanks to everyone for the feedback.

I feel this has vindicated our decision to go with the heavier NMRA weight specification, which helps keep them on the track even in long rakes.

This can make the models a challenge for N gauge locomotives but then so are the real things - I have heard that they remain a working where a 60 is the preferred traction as 66s can struggle with 30 loaded tanks!

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ian,

The models are made by Rapido, so I would imagine they are sourced in the same way as the wheels for their other freight cars.

Whether they are turned in house, or bought in bulk from another supplier, I honestly don't know.

For the TEAs they needed nearly 30,000 individual wheels, and they are to scale diameter, but I don't know whether that coincides with a US specification or whether these had to be made specifically for our order.

They are certainly to the standard NMRA wheel profile.

Cheers

Ben A.

• RMweb Gold

They are the same diameter

Hi Ian,

The models are made by Rapido, so I would imagine they are sourced in the same way as the wheels for their other freight cars.

Whether they are turned in house, or bought in bulk from another supplier, I honestly don't know.

For the TEAs they needed nearly 30,000 individual wheels, and they are to scale diameter, but I don't know whether that coincides with a US specification or whether these had to be made specifically for our order.

They are certainly to the standard NMRA wheel profile.

Cheers

Ben A.

They match the diameter of the USA Fox Valley 33 inch diameter resistance wheelsets. I havent tried any of these in other UK manufacturers bogies yet apart form the Etched Pixels Shapeways Arbels (which Mike ordered and I had part of that order).

Ian

Those who missed ordering these, you've missed out on a superb quality model. :sungum:

Last call for TEAs at C&M Models:

VTG - Red - Triple Pack              3 of

VTG - Grey - Triple Pack             1 of

VTG - Grey - Single                     1 of

All TEAs now sold out from C&M. Thank to everyone for their custom.

Edited by 87029
  • Like 2

I returned home to find a package had been delivered while I was away. 5 EWS TEA tanker wagons.  In a word STUNNING. Ive only taken one out the package and Im sitting here looking at it just taking it all in. The packing is very well done, but the wagons.....Simply untouchable by the major n manufactures.  There is an amazing heft, detail and paint is mind numbing. T'mrs said that it is beautiful. I looked at her funny and then thought about it. They are beautiful; real works of art.

Well done to all involved.  "N" just took a huge step forward.

stephen

Edited by Gloucester Road
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your kind words.

It is interesting how many customers have commented - either in public or via PM - on how impressed their wives or partners are with the models.  Wifely approval seems to be the ultimate accolade for a model; so I am thinking of branding future Revolution Trains as "wife endorsed" or similar, and maybe even adding a separate "wives' reviews" section on our website!

Seriously, I also want to pay tribute to Rapido Trains here.

I think their reputation in North America is well known, and with the APT-E and our models I think they are creating quite a name for themselves here.  Working with them has been a fantastic experience - their dedication to accuracy, and determination to deliver the best possible model they could, has been wonderful.

Going forward, I can't wait to see the Pendolinos when they are delivered and I am confident the KFA container flat, Class 320/321 units and Class 92 locos will be equally stunning!

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 3

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your kind words.

It is interesting how many customers have commented - either in public or via PM - on how impressed their wives or partners are with the models.  Wifely approval seems to be the ultimate accolade for a model; so I am thinking of branding future Revolution Trains as "wife endorsed" or similar, and maybe even adding a separate "wives' reviews" section on our website!

Seriously, I also want to pay tribute to Rapido Trains here.

I think their reputation in North America is well known, and with the APT-E and our models I think they are creating quite a name for themselves here.  Working with them has been a fantastic experience - their dedication to accuracy, and determination to deliver the best possible model they could, has been wonderful.

Going forward, I can't wait to see the Pendolinos when they are delivered and I am confident the KFA container flat, Class 320/321 units and Class 92 locos will be equally stunning!

cheers

Ben A.

Rapido does advertise some of their US stuff at "Wife Approved" pricing, so they are one step ahead of you...  :sungum:

I have three of these wagons, two run very smoothly, the third has a problem with the leading axle on the bogie with the hand wheels. There must be a slight interference fit with the wheel flanges just touching the bogie. I am trying to establish how to deal with this and I will report back.

In the meantime has anyone else had this problem?

Regards

Sorry Terry, wrong forum OOPS!

A number of us have seen this problem. It is caused by the Shaped metal retaining clip that is under the bogie not being clipped in properly.

To fix, remove the bogie, take look down the underside of the wagon, you'll probably see that one side of the H shaped clip is slightly too high. press down hard with a small screwdriver on each corner of the retaining clip, if it isn't flush, you'll hear a small click as it fits into place.

That should solve the problem.

Regards,

John P

• RMweb Gold

Hi Terry

The other thing to look out ofr is that the bogie is not screwed in too tightly. Just easing it off by a quarter to half a turn can help in some cases.

Cheers, Mike

I had a couple with one bogie a little tight out of 21 but as you say it is very easily tweaked. The only one to derail on the 11.5 inch radius curves was where I hadn't put an axle back into the bogie properly.

EDIT

My rake will be running again on Banbury at the Tolworth show in just under two weeks time if anyone would like to see them in the flesh.

Edited by roundhouse

I finally got some track out this weekend and checked mine were free running, I would like to repeat all the praise, congratulations and thanks you have received on here and elsewhere, truly fantastic models

Ian

Colletts of exmouth had these in stock when I visited last weekend, I don't model 'N' gauge but I wanted to have a look at them as I've ordered these in 'OO' and all I could say was WOW! Superb models with incredible detail and accuracy. I have no connection with anyone involved in manufacturing or selling these but I'd highly recommend buying them (well that's if you can get hold of any now) I don't regret ordering these in OO and can't wait for them to go into production and finally arrive!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

Due to a change of plan.. (a baby on the way) I'm looking to sell on my 6 wagons.

Theses are brand new and never been out there boxes.

I was hoping to get a small layout up and going before Christmas but has my plans have now changed thus isn't going to happen.

I have -

2 x triple packs - red.

Will be offered on here for 1 week before going on eBay.

Sorry to RevolutioN for being cheeky and placing this on here, if anyone is offended please delete.

Thanks, Matt

(Now on eBay)

Edited by matt-b
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hello all,

We are delighted and proud that the TEA in N has been nominated as N Gauge Rolling Stock model of the year in both the BRM/RM Web and Model Rail awards for 2016.

post-420-0-95039600-1484486101_thumb.jpg

Thanks to everyone who supported the project and helped make this happen, and of course to Rapido Trains who did such a fantastic job on the model. They have set the bar very high IMO for the forthcoming HOA hopper!

We are obvously up against some high quality products from other manufacturers too, but if you think our model should win and wish to vote for us, please do so here:

BRM/RM Web http://www.rmweb.co.uk/poll/index.php?sid=16428&lang=en

Model Rail http://www.model-rail.co.uk/moty

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

We are delighted and proud that the TEA in N has been nominated as N Gauge Rolling Stock model of the year in both the BRM/RM Web and Model Rail awards for 2016.

attachicon.gifIMG_4156.JPG

Thanks to everyone who supported the project and helped make this happen, and of course to Rapido Trains who did such a fantastic job on the model. They have set the bar very high IMO for the forthcoming HOA hopper!

We are obvously up against some high quality products from other manufacturers too, but if you think our model should win and wish to vote for us, please do so here:

BRM/RM Web http://www.rmweb.co.uk/poll/index.php?sid=16428&lang=en

Model Rail http://www.model-rail.co.uk/moty

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben and Mike,

Well done on the award! Based on that, is it worth a re-run of models subject to expressions of interest? I'm sure you would have no problems selling them all. Having seen them, I'd quite fancy a few myself! Gutted I didnt order any first time around!

Best regards,

Jeremy

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jeremy

We will open up expressions of interest in another run of TEAs later this year, though realistically we have plenty that we want to get on with and it is unlikely another run would/could be in production before late-2018.

Cheers, Mike

Edited by red death