New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Ian Smeeton said:

I love the beautifully signwritten "Condemned Wagon  on loan to the Civil Engineers  dept"

Did whoever lent the wagons really want them back in then state tat some of them were in?

Regards

ian

I wondered that - I can only guess they may have wanted wheelsets, couplings etc. back?

• Like 2

On 28/08/2022 at 21:00, Ian Smeeton said:

I love the beautifully signwritten "Condemned Wagon  on loan to the Civil Engineers  dept"

Did whoever lent the wagons really want them back in then state tat some of them were in?

Regards

ian

I suspect it was more to stop someone putting it back into traffic in between setting it aside and the day of filming. Either that or it's the posh version of "COND X" because they were going to be immortalised on celluloid. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hooray.... NEW LSWR bufferstops are up on the website at last, took a wee while to get the website to load up, an update we didn't know about apparently.

Link to BS27 page:-

http://www.lanarkshiremodels.co/lanarkshiremodelsandsupplieswebsite_251.htm

Also check out the 'CLEARANCE' items, there may be a bargain you've been looking for.

If you have us in favourites you may need to update our address:- http://www.lanarkshiremodels.com

Cheers all,

Dave.

Edited by davefrk
  • Like 6

Hi, have had a mad rush for the clearance items on the website this morning so some items are already sold out, must have been too cheap....  I'll keep monitoring sales to keep it up to date.
Also forgot to say we now have oil of the type used on Portescap motor/gearbox units, yes the red stuff, works well with Highlevel gearboxes too been using it myself and it seems to quieten down gears.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Well, the new LSWR bufferstop has gone down very well, I had to do a second batch on Friday so thank you people, not bad for a bufferstop I had a few doubts about.

Also, only a few clearance items left now so thanks again.

Dave.

• Like 6

• 2 months later...

New  loco buffer available now.

LB19 - GWR Collett Parallel Loco buffer. 1’81/2” 16” head
Typical Modern GWR Loco Buffer. Also used as a replacement on older locomotives.

LB19.JPG.5b5ff87e04c24cb41d01df70b2717e4a.JPG

A very cruel picture but it shows the detail of the eight bolts on the flange.

Also more stuff added to the Clearance lines

Cheers,

Dave Franks.

• Like 12
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 1

I've added handrail wire to the clearance items, it is hard brass pin wire 0.45mm so perfect for the usual 4mm scale knobs, I've used it for years myself and it is used in the chassis kits too.

Also, piercing saw blades have been added, high quality Swiss ones and also standard ones, various sizes but not many left and 22mm cutting discs with and without mandrel.

As we are no longer attending shows we are selling off the items we had on the display table that were never on the website.

Cheers,

Dave.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Didn't realise it's been so long since I posted something here, nothing much has happened really just been very busy. So now for the bad news:- 

Prices have been increased! Sorry but it had to come eventually. Yes, as of late last night the website was updated with the latest prices reflecting the increases in metals, mould rubber, energy, postage etc. etc. As some of you may have guessed prices have been kept stable for many years due to improved methods and increased productivity but now things have had to change hopefully you will still see our products as value for money.

Regards to all,

Dave Franks

Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Daddyman said:

Anyone else having trouble getting on to the website? Antivirus warns about certificate, and when I continue I get 404 error notice. 

No problem for me everything worked ok just clicked om the link in his signature. I am using chrome.

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, skipepsi said:

No problem for me everything worked ok just clicked om the link in his signature. I am using chrome.

Thanks. I'm still getting the same, clicking from his signature and in chrome. EDIT: but I can get there on Firefox! 

Edited by Daddyman

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Daddyman said:

Thanks. I'm still getting the same, clicking from his signature and in chrome. EDI: but I can get there on Firefox! 

I am sorry but I know so little and I have forgotten so much that I cannot help beyond suggesting a rotten cookie.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, Daddyman said:

Anyone else having trouble getting on to the website? Antivirus warns about certificate, and when I continue I get 404 error notice. 

I get a security warning but Google insists on sites being encrypted these days. Fine for sites that take payment details but LM&S diverts to paypal for that so not a big issue. 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Daddyman said:

Thanks. I'm still getting the same, clicking from his signature and in chrome. EDIT: but I can get there on Firefox! 

Problem solved firefox is a nicer browser, not insisting on googles own invented rules.

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, MJI said:

Perhaps it is another google fund raiser?

Google wants sites to be encrypted for security reasons, they don't levy any charges, it is the website hosts that charge.

If an unsecured website refers to PayPal or any other external payment provider, it leaves itself open to cloning and fraud.  

Encrypted sites can obviously still be cloned, an SSL gives the business owner and customer financial protection if that happens.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 04/09/2022 at 17:02, davefrk said:

Our new Bufferstop LSWR BS27 has been cast and trial built so here are some quick photos.

317083505_BS27Bufferstop.JPG.64418be34cd0cd041ceb3741d4c90065.JPG

113628079_BS27Bufferstoprear.JPG.72d7257c6f4c9db55b1dab4c1e2db4c5.JPG

Detail was difficult to see on some photos then I got a copy of an 1894 LSWR drawing so I was able to add the correct details of the fixings..

276886301_BS27Bufferstopdetail.JPG.84f5c263b758b327a658c0d10b0c2492.JPG

Also available as an option is the stop with buffers fitted as per the drawing.

442944026_BS27Bufferstopwithbuffers.JPG.d36c39edea6042338ede5a5d9599e8d3.JPG

I could also supply a later replacement plain bufferbeam with square ends or different loco buffers on request.

Dave.

These are Superb Kits; I had around 8 of those on release. Five are in place. 

Dave, any chance of doing the Standard B R Loco Lamps?

Your Lamps are really 'fine' compared to existing cast ones. I like the Modelue ones, but they are so fragile.

Phil 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, NBL said:

Google wants sites to be encrypted for security reasons, they don't levy any charges, it is the website hosts that charge.

If an unsecured website refers to PayPal or any other external payment provider, it leaves itself open to cloning and fraud.  

Encrypted sites can obviously still be cloned, an SSL gives the business owner and customer financial protection if that happens.

I don't particularly mind them forcing encryption, it's Google forcing certificate valididty to be a max of 12 momnths and soon less. Used to be able to do multiple years.

• Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 10:38, Daddyman said:

Just been told about these posts, could be that Daddyman was originally using an out of date link which effectively didn't go anywhere, we have had one or two people who have had similar problems and asked them to use the website address instead of their stored link just in case the link is old or corrupted. Use the   http://lanarkshiremodels.com/  address and save it but renew it occasionally and that should do the trick.

Dave F.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

TC01 Track cleaning kits. These were out of stock for a while but the etches did finally arrive just when the computer had a core meltdown.... We lost some stuff but most stuff was saved elsewhere, we lost the current saved website and access to it for updates though the website does function on it's own.

We now have access but need to rebuild the website on the computer complete with all the photos stored on the hard drive so that we can update the website, it is taking some time.

So a few items that are shown out of stock are actually back in stock, TC01 Track cleaner kit can be bought by ordering TC02 and emailing that you want TC01, a few have been sold this month that way after an enquiry.

Also the CR21 universal coupling rods for inside cylinder 0-6-0 locos can be purchased in this manner, just remember to email with your enquiry.

Hope that all helps,

Dave Franks.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6