Marcus 37

That's sat down in there really well mate.

BTW Sorry I missed you at the Gresley and Wychnor MRG Open Weekend today, remember were doing it again all day tomorrow as well.

Thanks Andy. Yeah, it was a shame I missed you. Unfortunately I've already got plans for tomorrow. We will meet up soon though especially as we might be your way quite regularly as Di was rather impressed with the Riverside at Branston. Had a superb meal there and Anthony was rather impressed with watching the trains go by.

A Lovely setting by the river just a shame it wasn't a bit warmer.

See you soon

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

Hi Marcus

Great to finally put a face to a name.

The shed is a masterpiece which belongs to the landscape.

Hi Duncan

Great to meet you too. As you say it's always nice to put a name to the face. Had a very enjoyable afternoon. Just found your layout and work bench topics in your signature so I shall definitely be having a look in soon.

All the best

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2

80 pages and 2000 posts!

You must be doing something right, mate :)

The shed looks great now it's in position, and again your concrete is some of the best I've seen modelled.

Here's to the next 1000 posts :D

Al.

Thanks Al. I can't believe I've got to 2000 posts. Never dreamt that I would make that far. Don't worry there's still plenty to come yet.

Thanks again for the compliments.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 2

Thanks for the pic's Anthony, sorry I missed you and Dad yesterday. The O Gauge 4F in the second pic is my old Bachmann Brassworks one that I weathered and sold to a fellow Club Member a few years ago.

• Like 2

Thanks for the pic's Anthony, sorry I missed you and Dad yesterday. The O Gauge 4F in the second pic is my old Bachmann Brassworks one that I weathered and sold to a fellow Club Member a few years ago.

Yeah that 4F looks really good !  :sungum:

Hi Peter

Must admit I've seen Hood a few times now and the Intercity livery suits it really well. I agree LL was probably the best although Defiance in RF General was my personal favourite. Also in my little world the trial was a success and its use became a little more wide spread spending a short spell in the Peak Forest area on trip workings. So keep a look out. HaHa.

Cheers

Marcus

I never got to see 50149, but did hear about the trials on stone workings out of Westbury. I did do quite well but it's downfall was that class 50's have no sanders though I think they did have them when built. It would have been nice if the trail had worked out and who knows they may have be allocated back to the Midland, so look forwards to seeing one on Peak Dale.

Cheers Peter.

I never got to see 50149, but did hear about the trials on stone workings out of Westbury. I did do quite well but it's downfall was that class 50's have no sanders though I think they did have them when built. It would have been nice if the trail had worked out and who knows they may have be allocated back to the Midland, so look forwards to seeing one on Peak Dale.

Cheers Peter.

I never got to see it in its original RF livery but the Class 50 Soceity did a superb job of repainting it back into the livery whilst at the West Somerset Railway. It just goes to show how well thought out the sector livery was as it managed to look smart on all the locos that carried it. I shall be up in the loft later so I'm sure I can roster it to some thing.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

Your building looks awesome Marcus. Will it stay white?

I have to agree the concrete is fantastic.

The base colour will stay white for the time being until it gets weathered. I won't do it yet until I've perfected the finish I want on something else. Don't particularly want to ruin it just yet!

The building at Peak Forest itself is still very white but does appear to have a light greyish weathing which I guess is just from the stone dust.

post-18515-0-26858900-1492485272_thumb.png

Any tips mate would be greatly appreciated as always.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 3

Did manage to put some static grass around yesterday just to blend everything in a bit. We did have a nice running session yesterday which Anthony's done some video footage of. He'll post it up as soon as he's edited it.

Meanwhile a couple of pictures

post-18515-0-83680400-1492486698_thumb.jpeg

post-18515-0-42493200-1492486718_thumb.jpeg

post-18515-0-27305700-1492486731_thumb.jpeg

post-18515-0-75225200-1492486804_thumb.png

• Like 10