Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Talyllyn Junction. The Station area has been started!

Jintyman

Paul Chetter has done a great job for us with this sound project. 

Yes Chris, and sounded even better LIVE, than in the Videos, trundling in and out of the Tunnel, simply stunning, I need to raise some more cash now, hahah

The 57XX low cab panniers with welded tanks cleared customs at Heathrow today and will be delivered to Minerva HQ tomorrow. 

And I do believe one is destined for Talyllyn too!!!!

Although not totally common (8750's doing the mainstay of the work), they did get there now and again.

On another note I believe that the resident Midland interloper is running tomorrow evening on the through mixed goods to Brecon, not sure if a couple of wagons will be dropped off on the way through!!!

Dafydd Williams and his new fangled cine camera thingamyjig has promised to capture the moment  for posterity. That's if he can tear himself away from Angharad in time!!!!

Jinty ;)

Jinty ;)

• Like 2

And I do believe one is destined for Talyllyn too!!!!

Although not totally common (8750's doing the mainstay of the work), they did get there now and again.

On another note I believe that the resident Midland interloper is running tomorrow evening on the through mixed goods to Brecon, not sure if a couple of wagons will be dropped off on the way through!!!

Dafydd Williams and his new fangled cine camera thingamyjig has promised to capture the moment  for posterity. That's if he can tear himself away from Angharad in time!!!!

Jinty ;)

Jinty ;)

Please accept my apologies for not being able to watch the Midland interloper tomorrow evening owing to a prior engagement. 

Never mind Chris, I'm sure you'll be able to watch it on 'Catch up TV'.

Anyway, Dafydd managed to get away from the demands of Angharad and pointed his cine camera at the proceedings this evening at Talyllyn.

Dafydd managed to post his moving pictures to YouTube, for you all to enjoy!!! ;)

Hope you all enjoy it, comments are welcome.

Jinty ;)

• Like 6

I am so used to looking for the magnets....  

A pal uses Kadees in 0 gauge.

They use O Gauge Kadee's on our Clubs big Layout, mainly on the ends of Rakes of Goods Wagons for shunting, but on all the Passenger rakes for running in and un-coupling at the Terminus.

I still prefer Kadee for ''OO'' especially for Shunting, but much prefer 3 Link in O Gauge.

• Like 1

Talyllyn's Jinty, 47479 has had its Laurie Griffin Vacuum and Steam pipes fitted. Just awaiting the plates from Narrow Planet and then she can be finished.

Jinty ;)

Apologies if this has been covered here, but wasn't 47479 one of the push-pull fitted Jinties?

Apologies if this has been covered here, but wasn't 47479 one of the push-pull fitted Jinties?

Yes I believe that it was, although from my reading of their history the push-pull equipment was removed in the mid/late 1950's as they were no longer required for that duty.

She eventually left South Wales in 1962 to return to Crewe prior to withdrawal.

Jinty ;)

Edited by Jintyman

A crop from a poor colour shot of 47479 at Swansea Paxton St in Jul 1959. It has the gubbins on the LH side of the smokebox like most of the Swansea 3Fs.

Paxton St with 42305, 42390, 47479 Jul59.jpg

The extra pipework on the bufferbeam is there too. I hope 47479 wasn't the exception to the rule, although that was in '59.

I'll get Jenkinson's book out later. If 47479 did keep the gear, then that would be an excuse for one of the beautiful ex LNWR M52 Driving trailers to be modelled!!!!! (Rule 1!!!) I'm waiting for Gladiator to re-release the kit. ;)

Jinty ;)

Edited by Jintyman
  • Like 2

Yes I believe that it was, although from my reading of their history the push-pull equipment was removed in the mid/late 1950's as they were no longer required for that duty.

She eventually left South Wales in 1962 to return to Crewe prior to withdrawal.

Jinty ;)

That's a shame as I was planning on converting my BR late-crest unnumbered Dapol Jinty to 47480 and fitting push-pull gear (Connoisseur or Griffin?) to have it shuttling my (uncompleted) Ian Kirk Midland Push-Pull set. My layout is set in 1962.

Perhaps Rule #1 will have to apply here!

Where did you find out about the detailed history of 47479, if you don't mind me asking?

• Like 1

That's a shame as I was planning on converting my BR late-crest unnumbered Dapol Jinty to 47480 and fitting push-pull gear (Connoisseur or Griffin?) to have it shuttling my (uncompleted) Ian Kirk Midland Push-Pull set. My layout is set in 1962.

Where did you find out about the detailed history of 47479, if you don't mind me asking?

Midland Railway push pull set in 1962?  I wonder which one you are referring to when most MR coaches had gone by around 1959. The last LNWR M52, originally produced by Northstar Design, went in October 1958.

Midland Railway push pull set in 1962?  I wonder which one you are referring to when most MR coaches had gone by around 1959. The last LNWR M52, originally produced by Northstar Design, went in October 1958.

Probably more like LMS than Midland.

I'm thinking of the Diag. 1790 Period II Brake Third driving trailer which became extinct in 1964 according to Jenkinson.

Sister Swansea loco 47481 at Swansea Victoria on 19May58 with what I assume is Pull-Push gear still fitted. Cropped from larger copyright photos.

post-5366-0-84183200-1512059707.jpegpost-5366-0-84581200-1512059805.jpeg

Dave

Edited by daifly
  • Like 2

Sister Swansea loco 47481 at Swansea Victoria on 19May58 with what I assume is Pull-Push gear still fitted. Cropped from larger copyright photos.

Dave

Thanks Dave, that's great.

It's the first photo I've seen with a hint of the electrical connection alongside the shorter vacuum pipe, presumably for allowing trailer-to-loco bell communication.

I know that by the 50s the mechanical whistle connection had been removed.

I read about the South Wales Jinties on-line somewhere also on the BR loco database for the transfer time.

I've got Jenkinson's book on LMS locos, so I will have a gander through that.

I notice the apparatus is missing off the LH side of the smokebox on Daifly's latter pictures.

Jinty ;)

Edited by Jintyman

Midland Railway push pull set in 1962? I wonder which one you are referring to when most MR coaches had gone by around 1959. The last LNWR M52, originally produced by Northstar Design, went in October 1958.

I did mention Rule 1 Coachman. I have a fondness for the M52 Driving trailer, I am on Gladiator's contact list for when they are re-released.

It would make an interesting alternative to the Pannier stronghold!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 2