Talyllyn Junction. The Station area has been started!

Jintyman

• RMweb Premium

Since Jints is busy with bathroom I’ve been working on his waiting shelter

attachicon.gif5CA2EE87-1EA7-49B8-ACBE-E465E536BDAA.jpeg

Nearly finished carving the chimney

attachicon.gif224150F9-711D-40D1-A51E-2997C547A186.jpeg

Hope you get the bathroom sorted soon mate

Brian

Thought it was just me that was stupid enough to carve stonework. Nice job.

Lol thanks Chris

It certainly takes its toll on sanity lol

Brian

Absolutely superb Brian, loads of intricate detail, well done.

George T of this Parish did my Trebudoc Station Building and Signal Box in DAS, fixed to 2mm Ply, it was lovely.

Since Jints is busy with bathroom I’ve been working on his waiting shelter

attachicon.gif5CA2EE87-1EA7-49B8-ACBE-E465E536BDAA.jpeg

Nearly finished carving the chimney

attachicon.gif224150F9-711D-40D1-A51E-2997C547A186.jpeg

Hope you get the bathroom sorted soon mate

Brian

Great job on the waiting room Brian, looks fantastic.

The Bathroom is still progressing, tiling being the order of the day at the moment, one wall nearly done, two more to go!!!!! (Floor to ceiling!)

Jinty ;)

Great job on the waiting room Brian, looks fantastic.

The Bathroom is still progressing, tiling being the order of the day at the moment, one wall nearly done, two more to go!!!!! (Floor to ceiling!)

Jinty ;)

I can sympathise with you. I'm renovating a whole, circa 1910 house, and just on the bathroom now!! With that and work, not much modelling going on, although I'm allowed by SWMBO to have a small indoor bench and I'm building a Vulcan 57XX thats been lurking for some time (amongst all the other shelf kits!) 

Good luck with your bathroom, and looking forward to seeing more progress, as and when.

Regards, Deano.

Edited by Deano747

I’ve been making decent Progress on the waiting room

attachicon.gifE8D00748-E7F8-43AB-95A9-A7931E4A36CB.jpeg

attachicon.gif75400A90-0D72-4AE1-B598-0BBCDDC4D5F6.jpeg

attachicon.gif735DEA2A-FBEA-4920-8508-5D4D43B55B6C.jpeg

I’ve made a fireplace for it and stuck some real coal in it

attachicon.gifE0F41594-4EF3-431D-856E-0FCACB1BE298.jpeg

Brian

Awesome Brian, although it's embarrasing when someone else posts more progress on your layout than you do!!!!

Although Talyllyn has had a couple of new additions, which I'll bring up to date on very soon.

The most I've done is laid some edging stones and paving slabs that Phil at Intentio has done for me!

post-14906-0-50870400-1528050645_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-74114800-1528050656_thumb.jpg

Jinty ;)

• Like 12

• 3 weeks later...

Great job on the waiting room Brian, it will look great in place on platform 2.

I haven't posted much due to the DIY nightmares I've been having. But I thought I might display briefly a couple of additions to the Talyllyn roster.

Firstly we have a Green SYP Hymek D7039 (Might be re-numbered yet) that I've got my hands on after wanting one for sometime. It was surplus to Craig's requirements so a weathering/sound deal was hatched!!!!

post-14906-0-34200000-1529611319_thumb.jpg

Next on the list is a Dapol 8750 which I had on pre-order from North Eastern Models with numerous other things, re-numbered to 9638 of 86G 

post-14906-0-23959100-1529611338_thumb.jpg

Next up again is a Dapol example, re-numbered to 9651 of 86C

post-14906-0-65663500-1529611328_thumb.jpg

Also from NE Models were half a dozen of these little terrors......................

post-14906-0-47139800-1529611348_thumb.jpg

All awaiting detailing, weathering and sound in the case of the locos.

I will get around to them in due course, but with this DIY bathroom shenanigans, I'll have to save up a bit!!! :(

Well I have actually put an update on here, and I must dig the first of the two waiting rooms that Brian has built for me and photograph it to show his brilliant workmanship. I must also get on with finishing the first platform and get started on the second one.

I have another project awaiting my attention, that being a control panel to switch the turnouts from via DC and the signals also. I have purchased all the relevant materials and electrical bits and bobs, just waiting for some spare time to do it!!!!.

Jinty ;)

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

If it's any consolation Jints I've also currently swapped mucking around with trains to working out where a flush pipe backnut goes and why the bloke that originally fitted the convience seemed to think that there was a prize for using many many tubes of mastic...

You should worry. A pal had a frozen pipe in his kitchen loft, which brought the ceiling down. In March.

Last Thursday morning, the “skilled craftsman” provided by the insurance company finally installed the coving over the sink.

Last Thursday afternoon, the coving fell off, narrowly missing my pal.

Yesterday, the replacement repairer turned up, and said, “why did he use silicone to install it?”

And yet my daughter still asks why I DIY instead of “getting someone to do it”...

Best

Simon

• Like 3

And yet my daughter still asks why I DIY instead of “getting someone to do it”...

Best

Simon

Exactly Simon, it might be taking longer, but at least I know it's been done right!

Jinty ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

With having my 'Rural' photo plank outside this evening, I thought it would be rude not to take a couple of shots as the sun crossed the yardarm (house), showing the background foliage with sunlight on, but shadows for the subject matter.

9648 facing both ways and then with a pair of 14t tanks on the hitch.

post-14906-0-28643100-1530558462_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-93673400-1530558471_thumb.jpg

post-14906-0-99184100-1530558480_thumb.jpg

I'll hopefully get back to some more in-depth updates soon, where something is progressed on Talyllyn!!!!

Jinty ;)

• Like 19

Absolutely brilliant photographs Jints, excellent modelling making fantastic use of the current weather !

I don't usually get fooled by photos of models but until I looked closely at the crew I really did get taken in thinking it was real.

Thank you for posting these......I do like a nice Pannier.

Grahame

• Like 1

Great job on the waiting room Brian, it will look great in place on platform 2.

I haven't posted much due to the DIY nightmares I've been having. But I thought I might display briefly a couple of additions to the Talyllyn roster.

Firstly we have a Green SYP Hymek D7039 (Might be re-numbered yet) that I've got my hands on after wanting one for sometime. It was surplus to Craig's requirements so a weathering/sound deal was hatched!!!!

attachicon.gifTally 314.jpg

Next on the list is a Dapol 8750 which I had on pre-order from North Eastern Models with numerous other things, re-numbered to 9638 of 86G 

attachicon.gifTally 316.jpg

Next up again is a Dapol example, re-numbered to 9651 of 86C

attachicon.gifTally 315.jpg

Also from NE Models were half a dozen of these little terrors......................

attachicon.gifTally 317.jpg

All awaiting detailing, weathering and sound in the case of the locos.

I will get around to them in due course, but with this DIY bathroom shenanigans, I'll have to save up a bit!!! :(

Well I have actually put an update on here, and I must dig the first of the two waiting rooms that Brian has built for me and photograph it to show his brilliant workmanship. I must also get on with finishing the first platform and get started on the second one.

I have another project awaiting my attention, that being a control panel to switch the turnouts from via DC and the signals also. I have purchased all the relevant materials and electrical bits and bobs, just waiting for some spare time to do it!!!!.

Jinty ;)

. Come on, now. You have to put 9638 as a Merthyr loco (88D), it’s shed from 48 or so until withdrawn. My first pannier cop when I started train spotting.
  • Like 1

. Come on, now. You have to put 9638 as a Merthyr loco (88D), it’s shed from 48 or so until withdrawn. My first pannier cop when I started train spotting.

Really?

I'll go back through my sources to see where it says 86G.

I wish I'd of been able to spot Panniers in service, especially along that line.

Jinty ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome Brian, although it's embarrasing when someone else posts more progress on your layout than you do!!!!

Although Talyllyn has had a couple of new additions, which I'll bring up to date on very soon.

The most I've done is laid some edging stones and paving slabs that Phil at Intentio has done for me!

attachicon.gifTally 311.jpg

attachicon.gifTally 312.jpg

Jinty ;)

Would you be able to post a picture of point stretcher bars please ?

I’m about to fit them to my points, but I’m not sure how they should go.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
Hi David,
Quick question, the Tower website (in respect of the 'B' suburban sets) says "The models will be very highly detailed including fully detailed interiors, with interior lighting plus the option of a lit tail lamp and sound."  Is your set fitted with a DCC decoder for operation on onboard lights, and indeed, does it have lighting and a lit tail lamp?  I didnt think they did?

Rich

Hi David,
Quick question, the Tower website (in respect of the 'B' suburban sets) says "The models will be very highly detailed including fully detailed interiors, with interior lighting plus the option of a lit tail lamp and sound."  Is your set fitted with a DCC decoder for operation on onboard lights, and indeed, does it have lighting and a lit tail lamp?  I didnt think they did?

Rich

Hi Rich, no doubt David will give a more detailed description, but my set has lights as soon as you apply power to the Track, and has a Tail Lamp the you can fit at either end by simply fitting in the holes, no chip required.

• 2 months later...

A start has been made on the 4th and final talyllyn junction station building

The gentleman’s waiting room

post-31055-0-60974600-1541443466_thumb.jpeg

Brian

Edited by Bri.s

It's bad when you post more than I do!!!

Looking very nice mate. I need to get these platforms built the they'll have somewhere to live!!!

Jinty ;)

Lol I haven’t updated my own thread for ages

Brian

Managed some time today to get a start on some internal details

I’ll be putting posters info boards ,hopefully a clock above fireplace and some signage

Jints will put benches and people in if wishes to

post-31055-0-89027000-1541965127_thumb.jpeg

post-31055-0-63692400-1541965467_thumb.jpeg

post-31055-0-28236400-1541965509_thumb.jpeg

Brian