New Atlas series

PhilJ W

• RMweb Premium

I e-mailed Atlas a couple of weeks ago asking how many models were intended for this series. I received this reply this morning >> "We plan to send approximately 20 models in this collection, subject to modification." Seeing as the Nissan cherry picker is number 18 it appears there is only 2 more models to come but the 'approximately' and 'subject to modification' does seem to suggest there could be more.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

With other series subscribers apparently have received the 'missing' models once the collection is complete but not always. I have a couple of Unimogs spare as I bid on 'job lots' on E-bay and if you don't receive one I am willing to sell you one at a reasonable price. Keep an eye on E-bay as now some of the earlier releases are a lot cheaper.

• RMweb Premium

The coach is # 19 and # 20 is already showing on my account (a wheeled dump truck). I e-mailed Atlas a few months ago to ask how many models in the series and their reply was "About twenty but subject to change." At least three models are yet to appear from a list published early this year so its anybody's guess as to what is going to appear or not in this series.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The postman delivered # 20 this morning! only one week after receiving # 19. It is a model of a Hydrema 912D dump truck. It looks like a very good model with working articulation and dump body. To view a pic of the prototype just Google 'Stobart Rail W156'. I wonder now if that is the lot or if there are more models to come.

• RMweb Premium

I get the feeling that these have been a success for Atlas so they won't be eager to end the series.

I did ask Atlas a couple of months ago how many models they intended to produce, the answer was "Approximately 20 but this is subject to change.". There is/was about three models listed that haven't appeared yet, another excavator model and two airport vehicles but if they materialise is anybody's guess.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Has anybody else had Atlas take two payments this month instead of one? I have contacted them and are awaiting a reply.

Mark

Yes, but only because they were late collecting the previous months. They are often late collecting payments and will often bill you for the item instead of deducting the direct debit.

I have had a reply from Atlas, the reason they took 2 payments was because they decided to send me 2 models in a maonth instead of the one. I have now stoped the automatic payments incase they decide to send the rest of the collection in bulk.

Mark

Really?

Do you honestly think that is likely to happen?

Talk about over reaction to a minor incident!

I am currently collecting 3 series from Atlas and occasionally one series will go a couple of months without a model but then two will arrive in short order, as long as you leave the money in the bank from when the model arrives.

Really?

Do you honestly think that is likely to happen?

Talk about over reaction to a minor incident!

I am currently collecting 3 series from Atlas and occasionally one series will go a couple of months without a model but then two will arrive in short order, as long as you leave the money in the bank from when the model arrives.

I agree this is a minor issue but it isn't the first one I have had with them. I was "late" in subscribing to this collection and it was a case of an extra model arriving rather than it arriving late, that is why i'm concerned it might happen again (I am about 8 models behind some on here). I had the money in the bank so it didn't cause me an issue but the bank account I use for modeling isn't my main bank account thus doesn't hold a large reserve of cash.

Mark