New Atlas series

PhilJ W

• RMweb Premium

Problem with this series is that some people like to collect plant and machinery whilst others only collect fire engines or lorries and therefore they might get something they are not interested in. If you don't want a particular model by all means sell it and if you make a profit even better but also consider swapping it for something that you do want.

• RMweb Premium

Logged onto my account this morning, my next one will be the Class 66. Someone else on Facebook has said that he's getting the Gloster Saro airfield crash tender. I suspect that there is a delay in Atlas receiving the next model so they are 'filling in' by sending out models that have been 'missed' by collectors.

Logged onto my account this morning, my next one will be the Class 66. Someone else on Facebook has said that he's getting the Gloster Saro airfield crash tender. I suspect that there is a delay in Atlas receiving the next model so they are 'filling in' by sending out models that have been 'missed' by collectors.

Or they have reached a threshold and are getting everyone on an even keel.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Or they have reached a threshold and are getting everyone on an even keel.

Possibly, they told me earlier this year that there would be 'Approximately 20 models' in the series but only recently they have announced another 12 models. This suggests that the 'new' models in the extended line-up are not ready yet. From what I've been told any 'missed' models are usually added on at the end. The extra models include a couple of Oxford models including the new car transporter.

Possibly, they told me earlier this year that there would be 'Approximately 20 models' in the series but only recently they have announced another 12 models. This suggests that the 'new' models in the extended line-up are not ready yet. From what I've been told any 'missed' models are usually added on at the end. The extra models include a couple of Oxford models including the new car transporter.

Maybe they are doing the missed models at the end, the end of the original run and adding the other 12 on as additional ones

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I received the airport fire tender last month but my next one according to Atlas will be the Class 66! 21 models have been issued so far and despite my being told by Atlas that that would be all there was a list recently published with another ten or so models on it. More intrigueing perhaps is one correspondant on the Facebook Atlas collectors group has received an as yet unlisted model of a track machine called a 'gopher'. I have only seen a thumbnail pic of this machine though it looks as if its for removing ballast beneath the track and using its conveyor belt to deposit said ballast alongside the track or into wagons.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This has just been announced as the next model.

Out of interest, where are these models announced?

I haven't received anything from Atlas in the last six months and would like to know everything that has been announced in this series (and which I am still awaiting).  Hopefully they don't suddenly send me six models at the same time.

• RMweb Premium

Out of interest, where are these models announced?

I haven't received anything from Atlas in the last six months and would like to know everything that has been announced in this series (and which I am still awaiting).  Hopefully they don't suddenly send me six models at the same time.

If you are signed up for a series you can look on your account to see whats coming next (usually one months notice). You can open an account on the Atlas Editions web site using the account number on your statements. Lists of projected models sometimes appear on Facebook but these often change but there are some interesting models proposed including another piece of on track plant and a John Dear tractor equiped for dealing with lineside vegitation. There is also the new Oxford low loader and car transporter listed.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Mine arrived today, first impressions are good but there are a few things that appeare to demand attention such as the bright silver grills on the engine compartment. As for motorising it looks as if that might not be easy as the chassis above the (very small) wheels appears to be solid metal. On my example the cab roof had become detached so it will be easy to install crew figures but I found that the roof would not go back on as it was oversized so I am considering asking Atlas for a replacement.

The ballast undercutter is certainly an interesting model

D8E9F1EE-CBEF-418B-BEF1-B20AFD372B93.jpg

CCEA7697-19C1-4E8C-86C5-E842A2757E1E.jpg

I've worked on a fair few worksites but never seen one in the flesh, weathered up it should look good on the back of one of the previous low loader models

If you are signed up for a series you can look on your account to see whats coming next (usually one months notice). You can open an account on the Atlas Editions web site using the account number on your statements. Lists of projected models sometimes appear on Facebook but these often change but there are some interesting models proposed including another piece of on track plant and a John Dear tractor equipped for dealing with lineside vegetation. There is also the new Oxford low loader and car transporter listed.

Thanks, but since I don't do Facebook, that probably explains why I've never found a list of models, bar what others have posted in this thread.  It's a pity that information wasn't available on their website.

I do have an online account but whilst yesterday it said 'next parcel 22/12/16', I logged on today to find that it now says 'next parcel 19/01/17' and no new invoice has been generated - in fact the last one is dated May.  I think it previously said something like next parcel 9/11/16, which became next parcel 1/12/16, which was changed to today's date and now says next month.  I'm not sure why it keeps doing that unless they have run out of whatever model they intended to send.  Still, I assume that I may get all of the models one day.

Thanks, but since I don't do Facebook, that probably explains why I've never found a list of models, bar what others have posted in this thread.  It's a pity that information wasn't available on their website.

I do have an online account but whilst yesterday it said 'next parcel 22/12/16', I logged on today to find that it now says 'next parcel 19/01/17' and no new invoice has been generated - in fact the last one is dated May.  I think it previously said something like next parcel 9/11/16, which became next parcel 1/12/16, which was changed to today's date and now says next month.  I'm not sure why it keeps doing that unless they have run out of whatever model they intended to send.  Still, I assume that I may get all of the models one day.

i had this same situation then found out by a phone call to atlas that if a few are sent back one after the other the account is stopped as they think you do not want anymore. i was also told that if a send a few back again in to phone up to make sure they are not stopped again and i would continue to get the models from where the account was stopped at.