New Atlas series

PhilJ W

I picked up the unimog at my local model railway exhibition today. That and the excavator were all I wanted from the series. As it was said earlier, unfortunately the rail wheels are out of gauge, but it still looks good parked up in my network rail depot:

post-21576-0-63774300-1446930069.jpg

Matthew

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

for some reason ive not had the unimog yet, this months model for me is a horsebox, as nice as it is i'm more interested in the unimog

70FE9B85-1EA4-4544-B9B3-594DB34822AA_1.j

in with the package, not in a box this time, back to a bag, was another certificate for 66411 that i got last month!

• RMweb Premium

I got the unimog last month and this month have received the horse box but I'm really waiting for the 66. Rather bizarrely my horse box came with a certificate of authenticity for the Class 66!

Quite a few people including myself got the same, when the postman called I could see the certificate for the class 66 through the transparent packaging but the box was far too small, I was hoping it might be another Unimog but sadly no (sigh).

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

I've seen a couple of comments on the dIecast groups saying that the Unimog is too small for OO and appears to have been done to suit HO scale?

Can someone with one have a look at this and say if is right or wrong?

Thanks

Definately 00 scale 1/76. Indeed some people are complaining about it being 'over gauge', the rail wheels are to scale gauge rather than 16.5 mm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

This months offering, sammy shammy

F0FE5C55-AA7F-419C-ABC2-CFFA13E55AA0.jpg

Very nice little truck, still no unimog for me though!

Very nice Big Jim, was this the model you received after the horse box as my horse box arrived a couple of days ago.

Chris

Quite impressed with the moulded side detail of the body, other manufacturers would simply tampo print it.

• RMweb Premium

After hearing of the problems people were having with Atlas with regard to this series I was seriously considering cancelling my subscription. However yesterday someone obtained a list of the forthcoming models and put it on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1503751889920863&set=p.150

Several interesting models there including road/rail excavators and a roadsweeper.

Edited by PhilJ W

• RMweb Premium

I don't seem to be able to cut and paste the list, this might be down to the privacy settings on Facebook or more likely my being a computer Luddite. The list only gives a name of the item and no description of it and includes airport items as well. So I am writing out the list giving a few more details. The list also includes models already produced/annouced up to so I will begin with the next one on the list after the MAN box van. The next on the list is the SARO Javelin airfield crash tender and this will be followed by an airfield de-icer spray lorry. The next six models will be rail related. First of them will be a Morooka MST150 carrier, this is one of those small dump trucks on catapillar tracks. 2) will be a Mecalac714MW road rail excavator. 3) Colmar 10000FS materials handler, this might also be road rail. 4) Leibherr A900ZW road-rail excavator. 5) Scania RV14, similar to the Oxford 'crane lorry' but a 6 wheeler with an older style cab. 6) Daewoo/Philmor S140WV another road rail vehicle that appears to have an attachment for handling round timber? The next two items are an airport tug and aircraft handling equipment. After that comes one of the most useful models, a small DAF road sweeper

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77175657@N00/12515802515

The final model on the list is another airfield crash tender.

EDIT I understand that there will be about 30 models in the 'set', the above brings the number of models including those already issued to 20 so it looks as if theres even more to come.

Edited by PhilJ W

After hearing of the problems people were having with Atlas with regard to this series I was seriously considering cancelling my subscription. However yesterday someone obtained a list of the forthcoming models and put it on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1503751889920863&set=p.150 Several interesting models there including road/rail excavators and a roadsweeper.

I'm certainly not impressed by Atlas Editions as a company and judging by a number of reviews on this site (https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.atlaseditions.co.uk) there seems to be lots of people have had problems with Atlas Editions, not specifically this collection.  Numerous people seem to mention a debt collection agency!

I ordered the introductory models from both the the World of Stobart collection and the Stobart trucks collection in July, but so far no models have arrived at my address and e-mails seem to go unanswered.  All I have had is a reminder to pay for the first delivery (which was never received) and an invoice for another model, which again I have not received.  I am sure that the invoice should have been dispatched with the model to which it relates. Strangely my account on the Atlas website indicates that I paid the invoice for the Komatsu, although I have never received the model and haven't paid for it either.  I've cancelled the Stobart trucks collection and if it wasn't for the road-rail vehicles, I would take the same approach with regards the World of Stobart collection.  I'll hang on in the meantime, but if I don't get something delivered next month, then I'll be looking on e-bay!

• RMweb Premium

I have received most of the items so far except for the class 66. Like many others I received the certificate with the horsebox ??? Like many others I held on for the Unimog which has turned out to be a very good model, now I'll hang on for the others if only to get the roadsweeper but if theres any problems I will cancel. Its a shame in that most of the models are very good but as for the Atlas organization a certain celebration in a brewery comes to mind. I only wanted a few from the Stobart trucks series and those that I wanted I obtained from the Stobart shop, it means waiting a bit longer for them to go on sale but their service is second to none. Some of the 'World of Stobart' models are available already from Stobarts but they do not discount any items or make any 'loss leaders' like Atlas, the Komatsu excavator is the full price but is a lot cheaper on e-bay. You get a small discount if you join the Stobart club, if you are buying a lot of models from them it might be worthwhile.

I'm not a collector of Stobart merchandise, so I was only interested in the truck collection for a couple of 'scenic' items and decided to go for the 'loss leader' and see what else was in the series.  It was the road / rail vehicles in the World of Stobart collection that I was most interested in, so I'm glad that you think that the Unimog is worth waiting for.  To be honest, the Komatsu is probably a little on the large side and if I was going to part with £25, I'd probably rather purchase the slightly smaller version that Oxford are producing, but I'd probably be happy with the Atlas version at £2.99 - if I ever receive one.  I notice that the one on the Stobart shop is advertised as being form Oxford Diecast, but I was under the impression that the Atlas version may have been produced by someone else.

Anyway, I'll just wait and see whether anything is delivered in the new year (apart from payment reminders).